1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are 7-2 and people here act like we are 2-7

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Nov 12, 2017.

1. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I just don’t understand thought process of people on this board. Throughout the game, every game, people are bashing Tomlin and calling for Ben to retire. We are 7-2. There are 28 teams in the league that would love to be in our position and have our staff/players.

It seems like people think that if Ben doesn’t have a 400 yard 4 TD game then he is old and should retire. Why? No QB consistently performs at the level that many of you expect from Ben every week, not even Brady.

If you want to talk about the lack of offense today, then also talk about the defense playing really well outside of the two long TDs. They performed excellent in crunch time.

If you want to talk about why the offense lacked until the second half, look at the entire picture. The team clearly wants Bell to be the offense. Guess what? He can’t carry the offense by himself. If we were more of a focused passing offense with more dumpoffs and quick short passes, Bens numbers would be a lot better. He is good at that, but for some reason they went away from that this year.

Beyond that, we have a lot of really good players and are 7-2. Stop crying.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    It's the DEMON of ne....no matter how awesome this team finishes ,until they beat the cheats nothing matters.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
  4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    More appropriate thread title is why do some prefer our team be 2-7?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    a "mere flesh wound", haha can't help think of some monty python movie clip.....

• Like Like x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Wow! That's great news!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Drink some milk and get back so joe

• Like Like x 2
  9. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    good thread title.

I think that- and I'm not blaming anyone for feeling this way, if the Steelers don't dominate every week, it's like a loss in a way. Expectations are high, and people love their team. Okay.

Remember this is the National Football League. It's hard to win. Even when you do win, it can be a razor edge to defeat.

I'm happy when they win, period. Don't need style points. But for those who do, can't blame you. We're all friends here.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Only the Tomlin haters are upset they would rather the Steelers lose.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I don’t believe this for one second. You can question the quality of his work and still want the Steelers to win.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed.

Dodged a massive bullet there. I would rather have him by playoff time anyway.

Artie needs to be thrown in the fire sooner rather than later. His sophomore campaign has had his ups and downs. However, just like today, it does not matter how you start but how you finish.

13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm not anti Tomlin by any stretch, but we've certainly discussed many times the propensity for this team to "play down" to their opponents level. It isn't an illusion, it's reality. Just really pleased they got the W today. That's the only thing that matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    No, no, no... not the Matrix :lolol: I was thinking of "The Black Knight"....

j/k I thought Cam Sutton should be thrown to the fire in starting him (or having significant playing time) coming off IR. Burns has been starting since last year...

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed.

However, I an more interested in seeing how he fares without Haden this time.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    For sure, let's hope the vet leadership/communication Haden provided gave Burns a foundation for how its done in the NFL.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Haden will be in the DBs ears on the sideline I'm sure. If he can, anyways...

18. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    here ya go joe. tape it up.

upload_2017-11-12_19-33-15.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    the label says it's only good for 10 yards....so what about after the cushion?? :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    It's SB or bust for this organization. It's always going to be that way.

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Seems they are my only hope to stop my mortal enemies, the Philly beagles.

The 39 years later a re-match of the Rams/STEELERS SB:)

22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah we're 7-2 that's the good part...we're still playing like crap and getting away with it until we meet an elite QB. This team today would've gotten slaughtered in the playoffs. Bad teams are happy with these kind of wins...this was pathetic for a team that is suppose to be lighting up the scoreboard. Even the kicking was pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The problem is that sometimes we let ourselves feel like the Steelers should dominate every week, and if they don't dominate one week, it makes us feel like they might lose the next week. The truth is, the Steelers are in prime position, and like every other team, have had some great games, and have had some clunkers. There really does seem to be more parity in the NFL these days, and those of us that have been watching since the Noll days I think forget that sometimes. With more true parity in the league, there are going to be more games that are closer rather than blowouts. There are still some bad teams, but "any given Sunday" and all that.....

• Like Like x 2
  24. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

I'll give my right arm to see somebody else but patriots in sb.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans think the Steelers are going to dominate their opponent every game, I think the Steelers are 5-1 on the road.

• Like Like x 1