1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Break out game for Bryant

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's not helping today :maintete:

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep that ball has to be thrown to the outside . He has also thrown 2 more up for grabs the D missed . He has no mobility and can't shrug off rushers anymore .

Ben is all but done this O would be no worse with Dobbs at this point.

A week off to rest and practice and this the the best Ben can do. He should just retire right now and give his salary for the year back.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dobbs isnt ready but Landry wouldnt be doing any worse today.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is just as ready as Ben .At least he could scramble for first downs . The extra man they are using to play that shell zone would be gone as they would have to spy Dobbs . You see the D on that end around to MB no one on D respected Ben might keep it .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No hes not, you'll never see Dobbs this year. Only person you'll see besides Ben is Landry and thats only if Ben gets hurt.

I saw Vance miss a block and Bryant had to bounce it outside which was a dead end. Vance makes his block Bryant has a big gain there. Had nothing to do with Ben. Bens having a hard enough time, dont make imaginary problems up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Watch the play again. The play is designed for the QB to hold the pursuit with the threat of the run. The lead blocker is the RB after the fake no one even blinked they slanted to the pitch before Ben even pitched it .

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Dam he scored 2 points I cant believe it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

:no2:

9. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    And in the end, in a game with few of them for the Steelers, Martavis is a sort of hero.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben sucked something awful. I think JuJu is the only one who had a good day.

Hard for teams to produce a lot of offense when the QB cant hit water falling out of a boat.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He almost threw over the wide open McDonald for the TD

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Well the game plan is to have Bell be the offense and he can’t win games by himself. I think the team needs to be more aggressive and throw more 10-20 yard passes, especially to TEs in the middle. More screens and dump offs are good too, like what they have been doing the past few years.

I have seen Ben make amazing throws this year. I think timing is way off because they aren’t focusing on passing this year.

Our offense is now to run the ball when you aren’t winning, there is 2 mins left in the game, and you are on your own 25...like how we started the last drive today. Take note that it was passed that got us down the field, not runs.

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Another wasted week with LJ as the bu . Most know that LJ is not very good and most should be seeing that Ben will never complete this season . The Team needs to get Dobbs active and start putting in some packages now . It took Ben like 4 extra seconds to find the TE no one was guarding.

Ben will get worse as the weather gets worse great Ben is way gone. Good Ben is almost gone . At some point this season all that will be left is bad Ben .The Colts pass D is very bad and they made Ben look average at best . If this team can't run they can be beat by any Team.

14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah but he didn't and then shook off the hit to hit brown in stride to go get the fg... He's the cap ride or die.

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

With due respect, what do you see in Dobbs that is superior to Ben currently?

I am quite curious.

16. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Our offense is horrid. Ben should have retired this off season. The OL can't block. The play-calling looks straight outta high school. We aren't winning anything like this.

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The only thing I see is youth and the ability to run if needed. Problem is he’s definitely not reading and reacting to defenses good enough yet.

18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hero? What was heroic? His best-seat-in-the-house view of the early Int? Or his clever minus-9 yd sweep run? Ok he scored a 2pter, he had a couple of catches. But geez, how many screw ups, does this guy need to have before people stop making excuses for the guy. Juju has passed him by, and rightfully so.

19. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

A sort of hero- he did make the 2 pointer and converted a huge third down on that final drive.

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...ua-Dobbs-rushes-in-for-game-winning-touchdown

He is a true run threat . Plays like the WR reverse will work with Dobbs at QB.Defenses would have no choice but spy Dobbs this would open up those drag plays we run 20 times a game . Defenses could not double Team AB and put a Safety in the box for Bell like the Colts did today . Dobbs could run all day against that .

You see what happened to our D with 1 guy out Dobbs run threat can really do the same thing by taking out the extra box player that kills our Offense by turning him into a spy ..

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Soooo, what you're saying is the trade deadline has passed....:lolol: Damn, damn really thought MB would come on strong this year. Sounds like he had a horrible game again. I don't have any answers...

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    What he sees is a multitude of wild cat formation play running that will yield Jack poo poo

23. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    To comment on the Ben vs Dobbs discussion, from what I have seen so far, Dobbs is horrible. LJ is better than Dobbs and at this time Ben is playing at a level barely better than LJ. I hope Ben retires after this season and we somehow get Cousins. Anything less than Cousins, our team is not a serious threat to win a SB, and you can kiss playoffs goodbye.

24. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Steeler fans have been spoiled by watching one of the best to ever play the game in Ben.....Watch a few other games...and you will see how lucky you are Ben is still playing.

HACK

25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So Watson, Cam, Wilson, Wentz, Alex Smith,Zak and all those type guys have no effect on Defenses ? Every DC states they hate playing guys like that it makes the D play 11 on 11 simple as that . If 1 on 1 who can stop our weapons ?