1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Break out game for Bryant

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 10, 2017.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Colts defense is horrible. We should have a big day on offense. It should be the easiest win of the year IMO.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yep. I agree. Therefore it will another nail biter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben's ability to connect with MB seems to me more of an issue with MB keeping the ball between his 2 hands. Going into Detroit, Juju had less targets than MB and more catches.

I'll be glad when we stop treating MB like some schooll yard nerd getting bullied. He put himself in the position he was in, he said some stupid stuff in the media, and hasn't produced on the field. But MB not catching the passes from on pace for 4000 yard Roethlisberger isn't the issue I guess.

4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Is there a site that gives breakdowns of the targets by portion of the field and distance? I see that kind of thing a lot for QBs. How about receivers?

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I hope your wrong cause imo we can't win #7 with the current play of #7. I really believe or maybe am hoping Ben comes out this week on fire. I am not dumping on Ben but what I have seen this year is pretty bad. Ben misses wide open guys long or short, he rarely hits a guy in stride. I find it hard to believe Ben just lost it and I am by far a Doctor or Physiologist(I did stay in a Holiday inn express) but I hope there was something bothering him and the week off helps.

I agree protecting the ball is important but as the year goes on and things get harder we will need more from Ben if we want to play deep into January and I am hoping to see the start of that tomorrow. :smiley1:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They are 6-2 with him playing the way he is. He's not playing down to Peytons level when he won his last SB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I wouldn't pay much attention to him he's been on a healthy diet of Crow for quite awhile.

8. MaineSteelerFan

MaineSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I sure hope he has a big game, along with all of them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There will be no reason for a 300 yard game from Big Ben, IMO. Our offense and defense will finish this team off early, leading to a lot of rushing yards in the second half for Bell and Conner.

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Holy hell Peyton’s stats were horrid. Was he that hurt?

10 games with 9 tds 17 picks, 59 completion, 67 rating lol.

That defense was better than this one though, regardless of us torching them at Heinz.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Your right and I am happy we are 6-2 but really Blast do you honestly feel with Ben playing the way he has we can get #7? I don't but like I said I am excited to see Ben bounce back today, man I can't wait I am either gonna be super pumped up or super depressed!

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :scratch: You make it sound like he's playing Tebow bad and I gave you a current example of a QB that just won it all and playing at a lesser level then Ben. The defense can carry this team, just going to get better. If Ben discovers the fountain of youth along the way, gravy.

So yes, I feel very confident we can beat any team except one and will probably always feel that way until they get the monkey off their backs.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    No I am not making it out to be Tebow bad I am telling the truth. We don't score TD's our biggest scoring weapon on offense is Boswell. At least half of them FG's should have been TD's easily and yeah before you say it it isn't all Ben....but most of it is with missed passes. Like I said I hope this is all for nothing and Ben plays pretty darn good today and we can forget all this talk.

As for the D yeah they are so much improved and yeah the front is getting so much more pressure, however once we get to January and teams like KC, NE, Bills and yes Jags and Tenn are all in our sites our D will not be able to win game after game......especially when we only rush 3 and play zone.

We will continue to disagree as you feel the D can and I don't think so which is fine but I hope we don't have to find out and Ben improves his play. If not I hope to hell you are right and I am wrong cause I want #7!!! :herewego:

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Eh, we want the same things we just think we will get there different ways. Ben is absolutely who he is at this point because its not just this season, it started last year.

Ill leave you with Steelers/Seattle SB. Ben really lit it up that game huh ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Ben’s play between the ears has been on a steady incline the past few weeks. He still tries to make some throws he shouldn’t, but we’re seeing less of them. If he keeps on doing what he’s capable of instead of trying to do what he used to be capable of, and if the players around him play better (no more end zone drops), I like our chances.

More on topic - I am not sold on Bryant having a sudden breakout game today. I think he’ll have a couple of opportunities to grab a deep ball, and maybe catch one to go along with a few shorter gains. I’m thinking 4 catches, 75 yards and 50% chance of finding the end zone. I just hope we (Ben) don’t go out of our way trying to force feed him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Well, I was one who thought MB would come right out of the gates and be a terror to opposing defenses. I was wrong but don't see any of the physical issues some claim. He ran a 4.3 or something just before camp. I think I underestimated the mental hurdles he would need to overcome to return in full force. He never had the greatest hands and that is more prevalent this year. Catching is probably more mental than physical. With that said, I hope some of the throws to him are somewhat off target. Makes him concentrate more, the same with Vance McDonald. The routine catches are the ones generally dropped.

I can't predict a breakout game for anyone because the play calling and Ben have been erratic. I can hope for one by Bryant especially against a Vontae Davis and Malik Hooker-less defense, because he can truly be an awesome weapon when he is on.

Also I hope they target him on something other than bombs or screens. Get his confidence up so he can be more of a contributor later in the season. That would be to the teams benefit in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Agreed and that is usually the way it is with you and I, we seam to disagree a lot but yet have great conversations. :smiley1: Now I will say this and I mean no disrespect to anything this team has done this season, but I do not believe this D can carry the team I feel Ben will have to help.

What I mean by this is we have so much talent on the D side it is scary but I worry about scheme/coaching holding us back. I will save that debate for another day cause that is off topic, but I just don't feel this D can carry us like ours did vs the Seachickens. Now if Ben turns just a few of the FG's into TD's then watch out pressure off the D and we become unstoppable.......imo.

Either way I am so pumped up for this game today to see how Ben comes out and that will really tell us is what we have seen from Ben so far is all we are gonna get or is there is something left.....I hope there is something left cause if so this could be one of the best Steeler teams we have seen in awhile. jmo.:drinks:

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If we can’t score 30 today we never will lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is the big game today at 1 they get the coverage . Bryant has really no chance of a big day . AB will be force fed by Ben today hopefully they can't guard him at all . AB will get at least 14 looks . MB might get 5 .

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

When you have the best player on the field you "force feed" him!!!!!!! I think Bell goes off today I also think AB get 2 td's and I see MB with a deep td as well....oh yeah Juju continues his steadiness with a td! Ben bounces back and spreads the ball around, lighten up

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I wasn't knocking AB . Just stating I don't see Ben looking for others much if AB can get open . If AB can't get open this game might be real close .

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Would like to see Bryant get some catches today. He's got Moss-like potential, just not right in the head.

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not saying you knocking him but when you have the best player on the field you do whatever it takes to get him the ball. You have watched this team your no rookie so you have seen what AB does with the ball. I will say right now this team is not just AB they are talented but still AB is the man and you feed the man. jmo

24. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Well so much for for that...

25. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep just like the first play of the game vs indy ...its Ben he sucks!!!