1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Break out game for Bryant

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...yant-We-want-to-do-it-for-Mr-Rooney-110209933

Sounds like he's regrouped and focused again. Realistically, it was always going to be half the season before he found his groove. Was wishful thinking to believe he would have hit the ground running to start the season.

I think Bryant has a big day against the Colts. Actually, I think the whole offense will but Bryant will have a 100 yard day and a score or two.

JuJu will have 70 yards and a TD

AB will have his typical day.

Bell 120 yards rushing, 40 yards receiving, TD

Ben 3 or 4 TD's 350 yards.
    Yeah go workout the optimistic button but thats my story and Im sticking to it :herewego:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Close to 500 yards of offense is a lot.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I love that prediction. So to be clear......Finally 30+ Points?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This only works if Ben can connect, if he doesn't then the pothead will go off again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Given Ben's propensity to come out rusty after a layoff, not to mention the team's recent history after a bye (0-3) I think this game stays close until the third quarter. Steelers pull away on a Ben to to Juju td, finish it off in the fourth quarter with a Bell td, final score 27-10

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Three sides to this coin.

First, special teams needs to be solid in order to win field position battle. That gives us the opportunity to stall once or twice on offense and still be in range for a field goal.

Second, the defense needs to control the line of scrimmage, stay gap sound (Shazier, I'm talking to you), and TACKLE. We do that and not only do we keep the score low, but we win T.O.P. battle, stay fresh for the fourth quarter, and...

Third, the offense needs to play inspired, minimize mistakes, and not turn the ball over.

Field position, time of possession, and turnovers. Three headed coin. Winner winner chicken dinner.

We could easily make a game out of this for the Colts. But why do that? Play a solid game in all three phases and walk away with a comfortable double digit victory.

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Not if Tomlin decides to unleash........oh, never mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    On madden 18 or at Lucas oil?

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was thinking in the range of 400-450. Eagles just had 419 and Rams 473.

Damn straight!

Really not that far fetched. They've played great against the Colts. Only caveat is they aren't playing at home. Road Ben may show up.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He’ll go off! He has pretty good games against the Colts.

11. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Agreed and these types of games hardly ever go like you would think. This could be like the Bears game. A game we should definitely win but they give us more than we expected. I hope this is not the case and we do what we should do. In reality we should win this game easily but I don’t like saying that before any game. I think Bryant will have more of a roll but not 100yds and a score or two. They’ll stick with the game plan and give it to AB then Juju. Of course a heavy dose of Bell to. I think Bryant winds up with around 60-80yds which isn’t bad at all. The more Ben gets use to throwing to him he’ll get more looks in upcoming games.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Everything is in place for a blowout....you have a team coming off a bye,well rested,healthy with a supposedly dynamic offense eager to reach their potential and a defense on the rise ....going up against a team with a inexperienced QB,no real offensive weapons with their best being banged up(TY) and also without Vontae Davis on D I believe. I am fully expecting a smooth,worry free,easy game.....

Oh wait....who are we talking about? Oh its Steelers vs Colts....nevermind...........nail biter.....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I hope your right would love to see this offense come out and go off on these boys and shut people up like myself who are worried Ben is gonna hold us back. As Ben goes so will this offense and a good Ben will mean a good Bryant, imo!

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    inside, after a rest week, bryant back and wanting the ball, AB wanting some TD's, against a slightly depleted defense, ben will want to play bombs away. :smiley1::cool:

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think what we are seeing from Ben is pretty much what we will get the rest of the year aside from a game or two that he plays great. I think the Colts game could be one of them.

The biggest thing I want from Ben on a weekly basis, is protecting the football. Which he has mostly done except for the Jags game.

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Oh boy, more 3rd and 2 bombs... lets hope not. Take the shots when needed. Move the chains and realize that Bell is the focal point.

Bryant. Who knows. I like the optimism but I am reserved on how he will perform. I don't have any expectations but I am excited about JuJu and how this kid is emerging as a star in the making.

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't like giving any team 10 points at home. So I'll just bet the over / under of 43.5 for my weekly bet of $500. I do think the Steelers win this one by at least a touchdown.

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

If Ben was the Ben of old then yes all these things could come true . I have been looking back at Ben's deep balls compared to other good deep ball throwers this year . The one thing that sticks out the most is the trajectory .Ben's ball is much flatter and doesn't get the air and drop in the bucket so to speak the way the guys who have better success do.

More air gives the WR more time to run away from his man and dropping it in the bucket allows the WR to know what spot on the field he needs to get to without having to look back and adjust . Some are blaming the WR'S for not adjusting I think that is a unfair pov as it is up to the QB to deliver a more catchable ball when the WR is wide open .

Ben's health will not allow him to throw a good deep ball . It requires more weight on the back leg and more of a shot put type of release . Ben favors that ankle,knee, hip or something his throwing motion in general is much different than it used to be.

I don't see Ben with another 350 yard day left in him . I see him as a 250 to to 280 guy which if fine if we score the ball and he protects the ball .

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Blast missed the bit where all the TDS are called back for holding and we settle for FGs.

20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Bryant still hasn't found his hands or his legs.

This is a real thing. It took Bell 3 games to find his legs and he only missed a preseason. From what I can tell Bryant has weak hands and his legs seem weak. Reminds me of his rookie season. He'll go down if a defender yells at him. If he's going to break out he needs to start catching those hard to catch balls. If it doesn't hit him in the chest he's dropping it. If it's not on target he's not fighting off defenders to go up and get it. (something Brown does better than anyone) Sure he's got the skills in there somewhere but I just dont see it happening this year. I think Bryant needs to dedicate him self to conditioning and sharpen his route running. Then next year he could break out...probably on another team.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Degenerate :hehehe:, if you had the under you hit it :drinks:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    i think what he needs to find is farther up

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He just had a 317 game against Detroit. He had a 312 yard game against Jax. Not that far off from 350.

I think they will be scarce but he can do it still. Same with his deep ball, most of those are looking bad but they dont have to be 60 yards to be successful. He threw a beautiful 30 yard strike to JuJu on his TD.

25. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I don't see it unless you consider 2 bubble screen passes for 3 yards a breakout game. Half the problem is Haley's terrible play calling.