1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben not nearly as bad as some are saying

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Nov 1, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben is 8th in yards
    Ben is 18th in td's
    Ben is 5th worst in int behind Bortles and Brisset lol

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree. Cams not a RB, hes not getting pounded like one. He's played 6 years, Bens played 13. No comparison IMO.

Also Ben has rushed it 426 times.

Its only the last couple years that Cam has been getting roughed up on non calls like Ben. Before that, I never recall it being a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben didn't call the play like I mention before..all he said was if JU Ju got the same look ..run your route faster because the ball is coming to you. Haley probably told Ben to tell Ju Ju after he told Ben the play .

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep Ben is playing like those bums

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He absolutely gets hit like a RB. He basically is one in the red zone. Cam has easily taken a worse beating in 6 years than Ben has in 13. It's really not even that close tbh. I usually can see the other side in an argument, but I'm just not here at all. I guess we will agree to disagree.

6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Yes, because a QB never calls a hot read or audible at the LOS. Of course the OC calls the plays and sends the respective formations. But the QB uses the former to adjust to what he sees or feels he can exploit. From there it's a matter of semantics as to who you want to credit with "calling the play."

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is correct

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah true but when Ben told Ju Ju it was in the huddle not at the LOS. He left it up to Ju Ju if he got the same coverage. You're giving Ben too much credit he isn't known to be a quick thinker he f's things up more when he thinks he is reading a D.

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Haley probably had a bean burrito for breakfast. Haley probably doesn't have a Hulu account. Haley probably...

I could go on.

10. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Ben looked in JuJu's direction and pointed with both hands, telling him there were 2 high safeties. He was making sure AT THE LOS that JuJu knew. Apparently he didn't screw that up as bad as you say he does. Apparently he's been doing things like this for 13+ years.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No freaking way! He's running read options for crying out loud. He doesnt remotely take the beating a real RB does.

13 years is a long time to play in the NFL and those are Ben years, not Brady years. You have to be the first Steelers fan to think the punishment Ben has taken is overblown.

Sacks
    Ben 466
    Cam 244

Net diff 222

Rushing
    Ben 426
    Cam 758

Net diff 322

Cam has been hit 100 more times.

Now tack on 7 years and 104 more games and all the hits and punishment that QB's sustain that arent recorded and this isnt even a debate.

Ben 211 Games
    Cam 107 Games

Net Diff 104

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

ben 1 winshield to the face

cam 0

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually Cam had a very scary crash as well not on a motorcycle , but it was a very bad crash anyway.

14. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ben1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben's always points up to the high safeties that's nothing special, I'm sure Ju Ju saw them too. Wow he can point out the obvious lol Like I said before he didn't call the play or make adjustments at the LOS. All he did was point at the safeties and he already told Ju what to do in the huddle. Haley for president!!!

Can we put this to rest , lol give up the guy is Done!!!

16. MaineSteelerFan

MaineSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Ben is defiantly having an off year, his accuracy is not up to his usual standard. However, Steelers are 6-2 and all I care about is wins, without Ben the Steelers would be 2-6.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I'm not predicting anything because only an idiot would do that but --- I'll be laughing my but off if we win the SB and raise another Lombardi this year.

Some of you guys are ridiculous.

Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Theres that too :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I would be thanking the D, without them this team would be nowhere. It's going to be another very bumpy ride just like the Seattle SB back in 06.

20. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  21. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    If by "put it to rest" you mean everyone admits your take is entirely correct, then no. I think Ben's play has obviously not been up to that of previous seasons, but you seem reluctant to give any credit to him whatsoever. Of course, more pertinent to the point at hand (i.e., this season) is what would you suggest be done - start Landry or Dobbs? Make a trade and cut ties with Ben mid season? Did you foresee Ben having a serious regression he would not bounce back from? If so, where are those comments, and what did you suggest the FO do?

The reality is (barring injury) we're going to have Ben at the helm for the remainder of the season. He's going to have good moments and bad. The trick will be finding a game plan that accentuates the former and minimizes the latter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    jim92.....You do realize you may not be able to replace Ben with equal talent..Pretty sure you've heard the terms-BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR....YA DONT KNOW WHAT YA GOT TILL ITS GONE.....GRASS AINT ALWAYS GREENER......And you referenced 06'...pretty sure Ben saved our ass with that tackle after jb fumbled on the goal line...the D gave the lead up....And the next week he lit up Denver to get to the SB...Its a team sport,I got no problem with the D doing the heavy lifting until the O catches up..they will figure it out.Until then I'm gonna ride or die with Big Ben...He is the ONLY option right now

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I predict...wait, what?

• Like Like x 2
  24. MaineSteelerFan

MaineSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Thanking the D? How many points has the D put up? Don't get me wrong, the Steeler D has done a great job thus far, however they don't score points the offense does - without one no matter what team you look at they would go nowhere, so not sure what your getting at here with this post.

25. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    He is clearly nearing the end. He is a middle of the pack QB at this point. But you can go a long way with a middle of the pack QB if you have the best RB in the league and a solid defense to go with it.

With the exception of the 5 INT game he has at least minimized the number of dumb turnovers this year. As long as he protects the ball he will be fine. JuJu's emergence as a reliable second WR is going help, too.