1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dupree

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Living up to his draft status? opinions ? He looks pretty bad to me

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's a good dancer. :shrug:

In all seriousness, he hasn't been the same player who had flashes of brilliance at the end of last season and in the playoffs. Hope that player returns soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn’t think he was all that in college and definitely has not led up to the hype.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He needs to learn that it's just import to not let running backs get outside, as it is to rush the QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He played as bad as Chick played against Chicago. The best OLB against the run is Harrison and cant understand why he is not getting any playing time against run teams like Chicago and Jax.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Bud wasn't a very good pass rusher in college, he was more of a height-weight-speed prospect who had an amazing combine.

Jack's right, he showed glimpses of promise late last year, but he was awful yesterday. I think that shoulder may be bothering him more than we know.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Jarvis 2.0?

• Like Like x 2
  8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Took the words right out of my mouth - that's exactly who he reminds me of.

9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Starting to look that way isn't it?

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    A soft skinny slow braided linebacker who gets pushed around lol

Deebo give everyone your special sauce lol

11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He hasn't looked like the same guy we saw at the end of last season. Not sure why either? He has really struggled

12. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Almost same hair and just as weak, where is Harrison ??? Jarvis 2.0

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Disappointment so far.Not making enough plays. Maybe insert Moats more,get his attention.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's missed a lot of time and that hasn't helped him. i know they want cohesion at the position but it may be time to go back to a rotation. debo needs to help stop the run. bud may help more inside. depends on the shoulder. bring debo in with watt outside and shazier and bud on the inside on run downs. mix it up. :cool:

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That will be 2 major whiffs at OLB in the 1st round if Dupree doesn't improve. :facepalm:

16. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I thought he started to show some flashes later last year (the hit he put on Moore in playoffs was sudden and violent, I thought he killed him.) I thought he would continue to develop and he and TJ would be our modern day Greene and Lloyd. Didn't happen yet. He seems like a non factor out there at this point.

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The shoulder may be more injured than we know. His play has dropped off a cliff since playoff time.

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Draft football players who ball out in college... these height-weight-speed guys only win in the Underwear Olympics.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    In the past I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly...but then Jarvis Jones happened.

Now I see the benefits of the combine. You should start with the ballers then confirm by checking measurables.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Bud Dupree/Jarvis Jones comparison is one of the more ridiculous things fans have come up with.

Jarvis had 6 career sacks in 4 seasons. Bud nearly matched that in one season and has 10.5 overall in 2 seasons and 5 games.

He will never equate to Jarvis, he's almost doubled his production in half the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree with you on this, but he has also not come close to living up to his draft status as a first rounder. He worked in the offseason with one of the preeminent pass rush coaches in the business, and supposedly looked great. However, for the most part when he's rushing the passer in games I'm seeing the same old immature techniques and just trying to run around the right tackle. It's kind of like my golf swing - I can go to a great swing coach and "get it" in the teaching/practice session, but when I hit the course the next weekend after not swinging a club for 6 days, my same old crappy muscle memory kicks in, and it's obvious that the lesson didn't "take." It looks to me like his lessons didn't take. Also, besides his immature and erratic pass rushing, he's also wildly erratic when tackling. He's not bad, but he's not living up to his god given ability either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Dude, there’s no point in taking lessons if you don’t practice to burn it in.
    :nono:

(Same goes for Dupree.)

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats fair but we knew he was a very raw player. I think its still early in his development in that regard.

See how he looks later in the season.

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Unfortunately I'm a pro at something other than golf... or, I should say fortunately, because if I were a golf pro I'd starve to death.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh, I still have some hope, but its dwindling with every long arc past the pocket.