1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell and Ryan Clark going at it on Twitter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 10, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You know what the difference between winners and losers is? Winners shut up their critics. Losers give in.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The true Cancer is at the QB spot . All the skilled players on O are frustrated as they should be . If Ben is a true Team leader he will go to Haley and tell him to give the ball to Dobbs . Winning solves a lot of problems. Our window to win with Ben at QB is very tight.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    What happened to talking man to man?

This is worse than the squabbles on this message board.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Stop just f-in stop. There is no way Dobbs is seeing the field so just stop. You have a better chance of seeing Rogers as the number 1 or DHB as a CB than Dobbs playing. Unless Ben and Landry are hurt Dobbs doesn't play.so qive it up.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If he doesn't play then the message of we do what we do will continue. And that result will be a Offense that is predictable and can't score the ball . I have been and always will be it is better to try something when the do what we do is not working.

Speaking of such it would have been much better to have DHB at a single high spot instead of Davis on that long run. No way does he smoke DHB like that .Thanks for helping prove his potential value as a single high guy .

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The only sensible tweet in the full exchange is the one from Ike Taylor.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Basically what Ike said.

I did like Bell's phrase "you're all for the pub" - where I'm from, that's usually the start of a great night out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Instead of focusing on a big big game sunday, our players are grab assing on twitter, any wonder we sucked sunday and probably will again this sunday.......

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Lets see last week was because AB had an outburst. Every question last week was about it but but but how is Brown a distraction? Now Bell is defending Brown on Twitter. Apparently Brown was the one who wanted to kneel. All the issues this year revolve around Brown. He's cancer.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At what point does either Tomlin, The Rooney's or leaders on the team address all the nonsense going on? What has happened to this team? We used to be known as a team that always did things the right way. Now were a team filled with divas that are spouting off on Twitter, fighting with ex-Steelers, fighting with each other. This is embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 8
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm not in the "AB is a cancer" camp - yet. Let's not forget that he is one of the hardest working players in football. He walks the walk BIG TIME. Is he an immature guy? Maybe even a diva? Yes. Many top WRs are/have been divas. It seems to be a malignancy that affects WRs more than other positions. He's not TO. He's not OBJ. He's a little bit diva, but a lot of football player. I dont (yet) get the sense that he is not well regarded by his teammates, and I think he can, and should be, a foundational player going forward.

The twitter war thing - ughhh. Bell stfu. Clark stfu. Ike, kick both of their butts and instruct them what it means to be men, not petulant kids.

And... as for PWP's suggestion that we start Dobbs... :facepalm: I definitely like the progress we saw week to week in preseason, but seriously dude....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    IMO Bell is more of a cancer than Brown. He needs to get off twitter and his stupid rap carp (shrimpbayless) and focus on being a leader. Ryan Clark is right. I would like to see Mr. 92 grab them all by the neck and let them know how things will work. Some of these guys need to get their arse kicked

14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Agree with everything but the part about Ike. Mr. Swaggin couldn't hold a candle to RC. I'd believe RC 11 times out of 10 over Ike.

And I absolutely despise Bell. He's everything a football player should not be. He's the 12 million dollar chump. Wish he'd hurry up and get injured so Connor could show everyone what a bargain he is.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Define cancer. If you mean arguably the hardest working, most dedicated player on the team, then I'm with you. If you're saying an ultra competitive and proven league best at his position then right on. If you're saying a diva with a flare for the extreme then I couldn't disagree.

See, calling AB a cancer is ridiculous. What has he done to divide this team? Where have his antics hurt us on or off the field. So he throws tantrums when plays don't go his way. Did he blame anyone?

He implored Bell to sign and get into camp to bond. He is not only NOT a cancer, but he's the least caustic and divisive of any leadership-level athlete on the team.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm sure he felt guilty because his actions the 2 years before set a bad example. If Bell is running to Twitter to fight AB's battles. That alone tells me how close they are and maybe AB had something to do with him holding out. AB is a horrible example to our younger players. He's a cancer.

17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    their feud in picture form...

slapfight.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Winners shut up their critics with their team oriented performance on the gridiron, not on Twitter. Losers run their mouths and don't back it up by helping their team win. Losers are Twits!

• Like Like x 1
  19. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I am sooooooo glad Bell is totally focused on the KC game! :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    No, he's worried about sticking up for his boyfriend on comments that happened the week before. But but but Brown isn't a distraction.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A lot of inferences without facts there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They all clearly look up to Brown for whatever reason so if he honored his contract. I'm pretty sure Bell would have honored the tag.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bell needs to focus his anger, and be unleashed by Tomlin obviously.....to reign hell upon KC.

24. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Seriously? Do you even follow the Steelers? Bell held out to keep from getting injured. He knows more than the coaches do about how to keep himself healthy. He said that. He referenced getting hurt in camp before. He said he didn't need camp and would train on his own. AB had nothing to do with his holdout.

Let me say that again, AB had nothing to do with the holdout. AB tweeted multiple times to Bell about how they needed him in camp. Get your facts straight.

25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I know all of that. You are the one that cannot read past the PR moves. So Bell and AB are that close that Bell will run to Twitter to defend him. But AB wouldn't call him and tell him to come to camp? He tweets it? It was a PR move.

• Dislike Dislike x 1