1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    From people that do read the comics....the trash people are not in them apparently.

There are guesses that they are a combination of a couple different story arcs not done in the show.

2. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    What is with the Garbage Pail Kids? Why do they talk like that? There is no reason for them to talk like the language has devolved to that point unless they are a bunch of fresh off the boat foreigners when the zombie outbreak began.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]
    If he's on the Alexandrians' side, Negan won't stand a chance.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Happy to see that Blue Man Group survived the zombie apocalypse.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for ruining it for me, thought it was a real tiger.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, good call. I was thinking there was a part in the comics where an ill-timed walker takes Negan by surprise, at least, that's what I thought of when that scene with Sasha was about to unfold. Loved Negan's attitude when they were escaping. "Oh ****, they have a tiger". "Oh ****, the widow's alive and she's out guns blazing". <Flips bird> :lolol:

I thought there was about 10 minutes too much of the Sasha coffin/reflection scenes personally.

While David Bowie's sister's platoon seems to be extremely well trained, it would be very hard not to make their garbage heap the first stop on the way to the Sanctuary.

I was hoping they'd do this scene almost line for line out of the comics (while editing as necessary for language of course).

[​IMG]

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Lmao

9. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I loved the episode.
    Some observations. By numbers, there really doesn't seem like there's any possible way that Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom can win. And, even if they did find a large cache of weapons, did they find unlimited ammo as well? I know, that is pretty nitpicky, but it just bugs me.
    Who is the mole that's feeding Negan his information?
    Did Dwight not know this was happening or what? Was he playing a con on Alexandria?
    And what of Eugene? What's his end game? I can't think he actually crossed over to Negan after watching him kill Abraham.
    How were the Kingdom and Hilltop able to sneak in to Alexandria undetected? Especially with a freaking tiger? :lolol:
    And finally, what will Gregory do when he finds out?

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    That's addressed in the comics. I'm sure something similar will be shown in the show. Then again, Negan didn't take ALL of their weapons and ammo in the comics.

I assumed it was Janis and the garbage dump people. I guess maybe it could have been Gregory? :shrug:

Dwight didn't know about the double cross or Sasha. Hence the chess piece left for Daryl reading "Didn't know." Dwight can be trusted, I think.

Eugene? No idea what's going on there. It's off the rails of the comics.

Your guess is as good as mine about how they came in undetected. we could just say they charged in so fast, that no one was aware until too late since they were all distracted by each other. It's a stretch, I know. But hey, made for a cool TV moment.

What will Gregory do? Stay tuned... it'll be entertaining. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Not sure how I feel about the finale. I knew going in that Negan would be back for season 8, but somehow it still feels like a letdown.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

SPOON!!!

LOL!!!

Negan is doomed!!!

13. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I was assuming Gregory gave Negan the info, but I`m probably wrong about that, given the garbagepail kids turning on our group...

Never trusted them in the first place, and thought it was a mistake to give them so many guns...

Don`t care much about Oceanside, but, can`t see us giving their guns back, now.

They gonna have to make a choice to hide or fight.

I don`t care how unrealistic it was for Shiva to pick out the bad guys to kill, and spare the good guys...

I was rooting for the tiger, the whole time, and loving how awesome it would be to have a full grown tiger, for an ally...

C`mon man... we`re basing this off a comic book, where zombies took over the world!

Not sure I trust Dwight, but I would have let Daryl at him, regardless...

The writers promised that next season would be more action paced, and I believe them..

I understand why so many people quit watching, but I`m not gonna give up.

This is still a pretty cool show, and they can still make it worth watching.

My money says they will.

Edit... PS,

And thanx to Towel for showing the text from the comix I didn`t read... that was hilarious!

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Here's something that shows what is going on with the storytelling in the Walking Dead.

It appears that AMC is just not telling a good story in the name of saving a few dollars...

15. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Gotta love San Diego Comic-Con time. Here's a rather long trailer for next season. There's a little teaser after the trailer - or when you think it's over anyway - comic fans should know what it is right away. But the real point of it is this: All Out War should be wrapped up this season. It doesn't appear that they'll try to drag it out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    oh I definitely hope the Negan storyline is wrapped up this season.

Wonder why Jesus and Morgan are fighting each other.

17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope Jesus and Morgan are sparring or something. Otherwise, Morgan's gone off the deep end again, and frankly, that's getting old.

The war will end this year but
    Negan isn't going anywhere. hehehe

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well heres hoping they don't follow the comic too closely on this one :butcher:

19. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Ray, how far along are you in the comics? I'm almost through compendium 3.
    How do you think
    they will deal with Sophia's character once the war with Negan is over? Carl saving her is the reason he gets thrown in jail, and the reason he meets Lydia. Do they put Enid in that role? Ignore that story arc completely?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  20. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I only read to the end of All Out War. But I've kept track of the story in general up to the current issues through issue reviews, discussions, etc. You can find anything if you look.

I won't need a spoiler tag to answer you: Enid has been and will probably always be a Sophia replacement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting. Have the producers ever hinted or straight out said they regretted killing her character?

For me, that was the moment I knew I was watching something on a different level. I think it was a great moment in the show but man that was brutal.

22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I never heard a comment in either direction about killing her so early. As to their reasons why, and then replacing her character down the line? Maybe they wanted to throw comic readers off. Maybe they weren't thinking that far ahead. Hell, maybe at that point (only 2nd season) they weren't sure they'd be around long enough for those stories to even be used.

23. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is this show even still going.......:shrug:

Lmao, so I have been a very big critic of the last season....in case you missed my comments well I will sum it up, IT SUCKED!!!!! Anyways that is in the past and the new season is coming fast, I watched the Talking Dead season preview a few weeks ago and they had a bunch of the cast on and they all to a person said the first 3 shows are non stop action. Can't wait to see how this plays out, also read on facebook that they are looking to do a back story on Negan. Hmmm....thought I read that somewhere. :facepalm:

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    All about the action with you, otherwise it SUCKS! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    So, at last weekend's NYCC, Robert Kirkman said that there would be a crossover between the 2 shows some time next year. He said one character would be going from one show to the other. "I'm not saying who. Or which show to which."

Now, FTWD is still behind the main show. And they haven't had any significant time jumps yet. Even Kirkman acknowledged that. When questioned, he simply said wait and see.

I know many have speculated that Madison is possibly related to Rick, or Daryl, or even Carol. I had a crackpot theory that maybe Madison ends up becoming Alpha, the leader of the Whisperers. And they should be coming soon seeing as All Out War will be over this season. It would be fun, but I don't really think they'll go that route, much as I'd like to see something like that.

If I was a betting man, my money would be on a TWD character going to FTWD. And the differing timelines would allow it.

That character? Abraham!

They're close to or in Texas now. We know he started his journey/ story there. I suppose it could be Eugene or Rosita, but let's face it. The fans would love more Abraham.

And maybe, just maybe, it sets both shows on a path where they eventually merge. Or it's just fan service. I'm ok with that.