1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

For those who don't understand why we have DHB...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't forget about the possibility of being a single high Safety in a pinch.;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The time for that position change passed last year. ;)

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I normally dont have a problem with DHB's spot on the team but this year I thought they let a guy go that I felt was better suited to play the slot (overtaking Rogers eventually) and could also give you reps on the outside.

Fast forward a month and seeing the Steelers plan involving JuJu, Im no longer bothered by letting Ayers go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'll never understand this forums fascination with DHB. Considering all he brings to the table. Special teams and WR. I can name 5 players I haven't see touch the field yet that would be better suited to complain about their roster spot.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's the 53rd man roster spot fallacy. Every year there is one guy the fans think is a wasted roster spot who could be better used by player x. This year it's DHB, I remember when it was Logan.

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope,
    Nope, we just want our team to be the best thst they can be. And dhb shouldve been gone three years ago. We can thank MB suspensipn for him still even being on the team, because he was cut. With less talent at the wr position at that time...lol

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok but Tomlin loves what DHB brings to the team and as the article points out his special teams play is really without question so I think you are going to have a long wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I was fine with keeping DHB. I still remember special teams nightmares of long returns by opponents, so if he prevents some of those then great. However, if the team always knew they'd be holding onto DHB and getting Bryant back, while already having AB and Eli, then maybe they overdrafted at the WR position at the expense of other needs.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I see PWP has hacked the database again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am going to have to disagree.

12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This was the way I felt as well, and like you say a month later I was wrong. It is great having lots of weapons but at some point you have to look at other spots as well and that is just what the Steelers did. AB, MB, JuJu that is shaping up to a nice big 3 there. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1