1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

my apologies

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Apology accepted. I'm a Steelers fan, but I'm also a fan of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, JFK, LBJ and Bernie Sanders! I know that is blasphemy here to some, but I don't care. :cool:

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Sadly though the whole reason these idiots are kneeling to begin with is because they've never "learned" to start with. When you see some tard like kaepernick walking around in a Che shirt and talking about ending "oppression" you know you're looking at a serious idiot. I wonder what people would think of me if I walked around in an "I LOVE BIG MACS!" shirt but claimed to be a crusader against obesity? If they were people who supported that moron they'd probably think I'm a "revolutionary" too because they're obviously too dumb to know what they're looking at. Maybe someone should explain to these complete wastes of humanity that Lee surrendered in 1865 and that the 13th and 14th Amendments passed within just a few years and that more men died to liberate them then have ever died to liberate any other group of people? Just trying to think of some way to get some sense of sanity back in this country. I guess since I'm a devout Christian then maybe I should start whining about Roman oppression under Nero and Domitian and blame it on why I'm not totally rich? Or maybe all Irishmen should become warriors against potatoes? Just trying to figure out some way to educate people to the fact that they're only as dumb as they have to be and that all these players are being totally exploited by an unAmerican group funded by billions of dollars to do nothing but cause disarray.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    No politics. Please respect the rules.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sarge, as i said not for the way i feel about the situation but doing it in this forum. not the place and i respect TTF and the Mods and put them in an awkward situation. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    So Kaepernick wearing a Che shirt affixes him with entire history of Che Guevara
    But singing the Star Spangled Banner doesn't affix Americans with the entire history of that song (racism)

Interesting double standard, since you're "learned" and I can assume you know the entire history of the Star Spangled Banner.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've learned to treat BFT's rants like I do Kim Jong's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Set to music with sweeping scores, catchy lyrics and sailors in grass skirts and coconut bras?

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: Yeah you know, just have to ignore the crazy kid.

9. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    FYI there is a thread in the watercoolor forum with a video on the history of the star spangled banner for anyone that wants to know the history of it. Probably should know and understand what it is your standing, singing, sitting or kneeling for.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    OK Mac. We still love you here

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    We love you Mac....and you knows what that means...................

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    If the Steelers need to protest, I wish they would protest the other team running on them for a gazillion yards. That is a protest I would stand, kneel, walk on water, or run naked through the quads over! For the record, I would run through the Quads naked just for fun.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Promise?

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't go! I was an American history minor in college and I agree with most of what you say. Love reading your posts!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2017
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I heard the explanations and I have no reason to call anyone a liar. I see a good thought that wound up with poor execution. I for one am moving forward. Tomorrow is another day.

I became a lot less judgemental when I figured out I'm not as perfect as I originally thought.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You assume alot. And when your posts are littered with moron this and idiot that, it makes you sound like a dullard even if you actually may have some knowledge.

And when you call liberals un American it makes you sound incredibly ignorant. You're also so ignorant that you don't even realize that YOU are being un American by trying to tell people they shouldn't exercise their first amendment right and not knowing what the flag even stands for. Not to mention the players were STANDING! But omg, they were in the tunnel those commie bastards! You have to be on the sideline, right here! No, move over an inch, there, right there, now you are a patriot!

You also dont have a clue about social injustice or what is really burning this country to the ground.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2017
  17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This might end up cathartic in the end, but it's getting pretty personal. Should I lock this thread up and have you guys continue to hash this out in pm's or go grab a refreshment and some popcorn?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I said what I said and I believe what I said. That's that. One simple question and I really desire a straight answer and not an ad hominem copout. Can I say anything I want to on this board, and I mean ANYthing, and if not then is this board against the First Amendment and my "rights"? (which, btw, the idiots all over the league should get around to reading someday. along with the other 27) Upon that question hangs all this whole debate. Let me explain something to you. This is actually off the top of my head but I have a great deal of the Constitution memorized and I just want to point out a word that's actually IN the First Amendment so maybe it will help you reach the right conclusion. "Congress shall make no law..." Now my question is can I say ANYthing on THIS board? Simple question.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I know where this is going but fine, Ill play your game. No, you can't.
    (Although you certainly got away with a lot in that previous post)

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not a game. It's just a simple illustration. So we've established that I can't say ANYthing I want too here. So what is my next question?

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    its a silly illustration. There are board rules to try and keep things running smoothly.

Whether you like how the players are protesting or not, they have that right. The NBA has a rule that you have to stand during the Anthem, the NFL does not, therefore, they cant stop the players from kneeling.

And seriously, go find the pictures of the players in the tunnel and then tell me they were being disrespectful. The outrage over this is mind boggling.

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I asked you "what is my next question". So what is my next question. You didn't answer that question.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Make your point blount, I dont know your next question, maybe something do with your first amendment right.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    In the words of Walter, "I'm perfectly calm, Dude". Honestly, I mean nothing personal though.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The fact that they were even in the tunnel is disrespectful.
    You're not going to change people's minds.
    I don't care if they were sitting , standing or hanging upside down from the rafters.
    The weren't out on the field where they were supposed to be.
    I do understand what they were trying to do, but it was an epic misjudgment on their parts.

And how come the players were told they had to remain united in whatever they decided to do, yet Tomlin and the coaches didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.