1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben regrets...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RPO IZSB, Sep 25, 2017.

1. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    AV is now the guy to sink the season? are you serious? :facepalm::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Since people think I'm crazy and nobody on here seems to get it. I'm going to quote other Steelers fans from other places.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  4. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Dissension in a locker room is a real thing. It can tear a team apart. It's naive to believe that Al's act of individualism isN'T going to have repercussions of some sort.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben and Cam did a 10 minute interview. I suggest everyone go watch it.

They explain how everything went down.

It's not like AV just said screw the team and walked out there by himself. He just happened to be the first guy out with his team 20 ft behind him who stood in place when the anthem started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Going to the end of the tunnel? I don't see that potentially sinking the season. Being a turnstile on an underperforming offense would certainly help it sink faster.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    All I can say is that it's a big internet out there. :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah but we can't have that discussion now because it would be made to seem like people are picking on AV because of his stance yesterday. Even though he has performed at a subpar level since week 1 as has most of the line, we can't single him out or can we?

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  10. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    You and probably 0.01% of Steelers fans are the only ones criticizing Villueneva. Maybe he was fully ready to stay back in the tunnel, but when the time came, his emotions overcame him, and he did what he felt he needed to do. None of us have walked in his shoes or experienced what he has. He actually walked the walk. The majority of these idiot players don't even know what the hell they are protesting anymore.. Is it police brutality, social inequality, Trump? What? The overwhelming majority do absolutely nothing in their communities to actually make the situation better. Some certainly do, but most don't. But, boy, they sure love being treated as heroes and martyrs for their heroic "kneeling" and returning back to their pampered lives and mansions a few hours later.

It's idiotic that the most sensible solution to all of this, locking arms, was ruled out immediately. Surely, that wasn't "in your face" enough for some of the attention-seeking kneelers. They wouldn't be able to stand out and get their pictures spread all over twitter and the internet, heralded as heroes to our screwed up mass media. 5 other teams in the league locked arms, and avoided any kind of criticism or distraction.

Maybe someone should kneel and protest the predominantly black on black crime ruining inner cities and destroying lives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Ok, we're getting a little off the path here...let's reign it in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've stayed out of all the previous discussions about the Anthem because it's just easier for me personally. Sports is and always will be a outlet for me ,something to make me happy but most times pissed off because I'm very passionate about the teams and athletes I root for. I personally don't feel that pro sports leagues are the proper place for personal views. I think the players efforts could be spent in more positive and effective ways by doing things outside the lines and stadiums.
    That being said I think AV has a unique right to show his patriotism in whatever way he so chooses...he has more than earned that right. I highly doubt he gave any misconceptions on what he intended to do. I doubt he had any plans to shun the flag that he has already sworn his life too. He is in a unique situation that only he belongs in, nobody else in the league has volunteered to die for his country....on more than one occasion.
    Anybody on the team that has a problem with it needs to walk a mile in his boots and take a good look in the mirror and ask themselves....if they REALLY have it that bad. I understand they are trying to stand up for fairness and equality for others but kneeling in stadiums isn't going to make the changes they are looking for..... In fact it is probably making our society even more divisive.
    It would be interesting to see how unified and how deep their conviction is if the NFL decides to start fining guys next year.....might not seem like such a good idea once the paychecks stop rolling in.....hmm.

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    .......and being 27th in the league and falling fast on 3rd down conversions. My god I really wish winning was the most important thing to all these guys. I wonder if there's this much drama up in the NE corridor....smfh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Y’all should really watch AV’s press conference.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup.

Pats should have lost to a rookie QB. Tom Tom bailed them out last minute.

16. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I just wish they would've concentrated more on beating a ****ty team that they should've beat easily the quarterback for the other team threw for 100 yards

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah...funny he always seems to do that. He has a uncanny way of not letting things get in the way of the ultimate goal as a pro athlete...winning F in games as many F in games as you can. I'm pretty sure he's not worried about peaking to early and playing their best football too early ....like our guy.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't yet but I can tell you right now there is no dissension and no way AV flipped the bird tonthe rest of the team and said I'm standing out here. Otherwise he would have gone to the sideline. It's quite clear to me given his military background that he was given the green light to be out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I just saw his statement on FB,seems he is apologetic for what he did... IMO he shoudnt be, he did the right thing

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/pittsb...-villanueva-speaks-about-national-anthem/amp/

Pretty much what you thought.

21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Not surprising that you missed the point.

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Dont start no **** and there wont be no ****
    why dont u explaine it to me then? ....

23. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    So AV recognizes that he threw his teammates under the bus

24. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    That's not really the best interpretation.

He apologized for the outcome but disn't expect to be out there by himself nor garner the media attention that he did.

EDIT: Before you tell me that's exactly what he said, please see my comment below.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    he also said he threw his teammates under the bus.