1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Play him or sit him?

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    New to FF, first season doing it. Made some good coaching moves last week (sadly, still lost because Zeke screwed me) but this week Im not sure.

I sat Delvin Cook last week because I knew our defense was going to bottle him up with Bradford out. Bradford is out again this week and tempted to sit Cook again as Tampa has also been stout against the run so far.

I just think with no passing game to worry about, its tough for any RB to get going.

Sit him or play him? Leaning towards sitting him and playing Kenny Galloday. Just picked him up. Or maybe Sanu. I have Thielen on the bench too but same problem, no Bradford, definitely not playing him.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You know the answer. No legitimate pass threat against an already stout run defense?

It's a PPR league? Galloday will find himself in a passing shootout probably. Sanu has been doing decently for a #2 or 3 or flex. Coin toss.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont know what that is, looked on my home page but didnt see anything. Its run on CBS Sports, Fantasy Coaches League, if that means anything.

Cook is going to be running into a wall all day. Think Im going to go with my new guy, Galloday.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    PPR = point per reception

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah. Well, heres a little bit of the scoring system.

.25 points per reception
    .25 passing attempt
    .15 rushing attempt
    .05 points for every rec yard
    .08 for every rushing yard
    4 points passing TD
    6 points rec TD
    6 points rushing TD

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, that didnt work out :lolol:

16 points by Cook vs 1.75 for Galloday :facepalm:

I do feel good about a pick up I made a couple weeks ago. Watson. He will be playing next week. I had a feeling about him coming out of the draft. Think he is going to keep getting better. Just hope he stays healthy while running. 18 points this week. If only I had the guts to play him yesterday, didnt think NE was the right time though.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:

Don't feel too bad. I benched Brandon Cooks and Sammy Watkins (49 combined points) after 2 slow games in favor of Kelvin Benjamin and Jarvis Landry (4 combined points).

The agony of fantasy football.

• Like Like x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

That’s not bad at all. I benched Jordan and the titans running back this week in favor of the rb’s for gb and Seattle. It ended up costing me almost 70 points. I’ve got a 40 point lead as it stands, but he’s got Prescott and Bryant playing tonight.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL I have him! I thought, oh, playing N.O., he'll have a big game!

Some of the reasons I had always shied away from FF shined through on Sunday, team I was playing had AB, that was weird. :confused:

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ouch. Im down 26 points with only Zeke going tonight. He cost me a win last week, maybe he'll make up for it tonight. Doubtful.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is my philosophy on FF Blast, set your lineup a half hour before the games start on Sunday when you are sure there are no last minute scratches and then walk away and watch you Steelers game and don't think about. Fantasy football is great fun as long as you view as fun. My older brother used to get in money leagues and would spend all his time at the bar watching multiple games aND stressing over every player. It just sucks the enjoyment out of it.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, Ill probably do that when I am playing any teams that have Steelers players on them from now on.

otherwise I enjoy following along.

13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I pretty much do the same, I am in 5 leagues and it kinda takes the fun out trying to follow them all as in one league I have a player and in another I am playing against him. So I just sit back and watch football and check them all Sunday night.....

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, that's generally my approach as well. I usually don't check in on my fantasy teams until the Steelers are done.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Team I played yesterday had Bell. Got the best of both worlds, Bell kicked ass and I still won :herewego:

Had to stop checking in though because I knew it was getting close. :fright: