1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel4Blood, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Espn has the Steelers at number 1 on the Power Rankings that came out today.
    Did they watch the game against the Browns?
    Its nice to get love from ESPN, but the Chiefs put it to the Pats and the Packers and Dallas each beat playoff teams from last year. I dont know how barely squeaking by the Brownies makes us the best in the league lol.
    I like when the Steelers fly under the radar but that aint happening this year.
    I lose respect for the ESPN writers each day i think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I lost respect after the death of Stuart Scott years ago.

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Gotta laugh, somewhere this a parallel universe message board, where ESPN has the Steelers at #5 following their 'underwhelming' win in Cle, and there is poster griping about the lack of respect given the B&G.

The final sentence of that parallel universe post is: I lose respect for the ESPN writers each day I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Must be #Fake News at work again. Or perhaps it's intended to induce the curse like SI cover or Madden X Box thing. As dear old John Houseman once said: You get respect the old fashion way - you uuuuuurrrrrnnnnn it! :hmm:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lol they are on crack. Either way it doesn't matter

• Like Like x 2
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    NFL station today had us at 8th

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  8. sleehrat

sleehrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2017
    MY GOD DUDE!!!
    Isn't there a community rule about about posting political crap???
    you always turn it into some kind of agenda

#FAKENEWS

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    After that sad performance with the exception of a few players I was expecting us out of the top 10.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "You always"? Calm down, take a breath Rat - it was sarcasm minus the green font. Proof again that he who laughs last - doesn't get it. That's a lot of attitude for a whole 17 days as a "member"......unless you're the reincarnation of some other long lost poster.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Power rankings after one game? Geez. It's all based on reputation at this point. A lot like the CFB polls after week one

12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  13. sleehrat

sleehrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2017
    I'm usually pretty good at sarcasm dangit and "you always " was extreme so..."you mostly".:smiley1:

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Loved this one: 18. Rams (1-0): The Rams nearly scored one point for every fan in attendance.

These were cool to read thanks for posting.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers were #8 on NFL.com's power rankings... down 3 from last week and it should be worse.. like around 10-12.

Steelers offense is overrated big time. If they don't score 28+ points vs. Vikings.. we are doomed.

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    CBS power rankings, they have us at #3 which I think is still way too high, they have the raiders at 7 but they played better against a stronger opponent titans and won while we played against the weakest opponent and barely won: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I, to a degree, disagree, and I don't disagree to be disagreeable but mostly to agree to not agree. I don't think we played as poorly as we planned. I really disliked our game plan coming into the game and yet we walked away with a win. If I have heard it once on this board, I have heard it a thousand times, the good teams win the games they should. This is always their knock on this team. We walk away with the win and now they complain because we are ranked too highly in a meaningless power ranking. It is true, some will just never be happy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are always terrible in September... win or lose. They always look like crap. Championship form is not achieved until October-November in good years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    So Rat, you're saying that 50.1% or 1,054 of my 2,108 posts are political crap vs 100% of them? I'll admit that I have snuck in a few from time to time but ever since our strange comrade Darcrav took a sabbatical, I've been less inclined to jump into the fray. Warning though - my snowflake detector is starting to emit a signal. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

That would be my fault. I'm special, but I think we may be talking about two different kinds of special here :hmm:

21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I could be wrong, but I think prior to week 1 on ESPN's power rankings, the Steelers were ranked 4. Then teams like the Patriots and Seahawks lost. While the win versus the Browns was ugly, we should all recognize the running game will get better. I expect Bell to have fewer drops as well.

I'm not sure where Atlanta was, but they almost lost to a terrible Bears team. Kudos to the Browns for making ESPN folks believe that they are better than the Bears.

Power rankings are meaningless. If you don't agree with them, find another one. If you don't like them, stop reading them. They are nothing more than some writer's opinion. We all know it's an opinion piece. Stop treating it like facts if you don't like it.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Intriguing you mention this name. Now I remember why rat's statements were so familiar.

This Sleehrat character has similar mannerisms that Darcav once showcased. Wonder if this person is an alt account of Darcav?

23. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Not quite sure if this is #fake news or not.........:hmm:

Oh! And power rankings are meaningless for the most part.

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    LOL it has to be.

Where is real steel though?!?!?

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    These rankings don't mean :poopy: