1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Up next, the Vikings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dd63, Sep 11, 2017.

1. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    From what I saw tonight, they look like a team in mid season form. Bradford looked excellent and the o-line only gave up one sack. The defense looked solid and fast. Ben, Bell, Bryant, and Rogers better get their act together real quick because they are going to take AB out of the game and force someone else to beat them. And if they play like yesterday that ain't happening.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Stop with the STUPID penalties and we'll be fine. Vikings looked good tonight!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yep will definitely need to be a lot better on Sunday to win this game. The Vikings are no pushover and have an excellent defense. If the Steelers play like they did against the Browns Sunday against the Vikings they will not win that game.

4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, but we'll be ready and your suppose to win at home. Bradford is good in domes but not so good in open stadiums.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Only the Bengals would hang on to Mediocre Marvin and let Mike Zimmer go.

I think they are going to be a handful for our team. I looked thru the prediction thread and no one picked the Vikings to beat us yet. I'd hate to do it, but maybe I will have to be the first.

6. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dont do it stay faithful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's remember it's was a home game for the Vikings, it was emotional because they honored Moss, the story of AP's revenge was getting blown out of proportion. The Vikings play a good game but they had motivation. Going to need the middle of the defense to watch Thelien otherwise they will use the pass to open up the run. Should be a good game to watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I can't remember the last time I picked against my team but couldn't believe nobody has picked the Vikings yet. Cleveland almost beat us and the Vikings are way better than them.

9. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Actually there is one. I saw it about an hour ago. Forget who it was though. But I hear ya. My heart says go steelers but my head is telling me otherwise.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not surprised myself. Knew the Vikings were this good.

Minnesota's defense is top 5 in the league in my opinion. Dalvin Cook broke out and showcased his skills, Pat Elfein is truly the real deal; Sheldon Rankins being demolished as a result and Adam Thielen is one of the most underrated receivers in the game.

None of this is accounting for the fact that, despite two ACL injuries, he is still a solid Quarterback in the league and was a former number one overall pick at that. Remove those injury filled seasons and Bradford would look far different than he does now.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    UPS rode me hard and put me up wet today and so I didn't get home until there was like 3 and a half minutes left but I saw a vid of AP and Payton having a little spat on the sidelines. Did they just use him sparingly tonight or something? I really don't know why he'd think NO would be the place for him to put up big rushing numbers. If Sean Payton had Walter Payton, Franco, and Eric Dickerson at rb and Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace, and Renaldo Nehemiah at WR he'd still throw it 90% of the time.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If Diggs shows up, and Thielen does his usually thing, the defense may have a tough game. Have to get pressure on Bradford. Even then, the guy is one of the best under pressure.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Good news Being Bradford Not That Mobile.

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Throwback player...track star, that was fast but couldnt catch...nehemiah...lol

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure of Bradford's dome vs open stadium record but he is 16-29 in road games he has been the starter in since 2010 including 2-5 last year with the Vikings. I think he lulled the Chargers to sleep with all his dinking and dunking in the first half and then opened it up quite a bit after that. He was Alex Smith-like in the game tonight with his accuracy but he was at home and Smith was on the road. I'm thinking (hoping) Bradford plays like Bradford usually does on the road next week at Heinz. Hopefully Heinz will be rockin' like mad. Overcoming that Minn D though will be a different matter. I'm more concerned about that than Bradford suddenly becoming a road warrior phenom.

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If Haley,Ben,Bell and every WR not named AB don't play a lot better this game won't even be close .

They will not allow AB to go off others will have to step up big time .

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pick them then if you are so confidant the Vikes are better than the Steelers.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It's at home not worried

19. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No, not mobile, but the guy stands in there and takes a hit to make a play. Rarely does he give up on it because of pressure. Kid has looked good in his time at Minnesota.

20. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    The Saints defense is very mediocre. Ours is not great but it is better than theirs. Big Ben in Hienz is fairly unstoppable. It is not going to be easy, but I think we come with a victory.

21. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Vikings are a good team... at home....

Im not a believer in Bradford. Cook didn't look special and was bottled up most of the night.

Like Thielen's heart and passion.

Maybe this is the year that Diggs finally breaks out. I thought 2 years ago that he could be special. He finally showed that last night.

Vikings do have a good pass rush and a great secondary.

I still like the Steelers at home.

22. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think it will be a tough game for us but i don't think it will be as easy as "taking AB out of the game". With that said we definitely need others to step up, particularly Bell.

The Vikings have Diggs playing on the outside now so we will get a good look at our secondary's ability to stop big plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah the thing about Bradford is that he's not ever in it for the long haul. He'll have some good games early on in the year and then just fizzle out or inevitably get hurt. The Vikes did the same thing last year.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Home Ben. Nuff said.

I don't expect an easy game, but I feel good about getting the win once all 4 quarters are finished.

25. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The Vikings looked good but they were going up against a defense that is absolutely atrocious. The saints defense may have gotten worse since last year.

• Agree Agree x 2