1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

For all the Buccos Fans

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steelcurtainmrp, Jan 2, 2017.

1. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    What do yinz think we should do regarding Andrew McCutchen trade rumors? I personally think we should keep him. One subpar year (in Cutch standards) does not mean he's done for.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Trade the rumors - keep the player. They weren't able to get what they wanted for him (likely due to 2016 season stats) so he's staying at least till mid-season 2017 depending on how he does out of the gate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey - where's Ms Lady Steel? Baseball's opening day is just around the corner. And I fully expect you to be at PNC Park on Sat April 8 against Braves for [​IMG] - Francisco Cervelli That's Amore Singing Bobblehead

..........repleat with his black bath robe and red rose on his lapel. (voice-over by the master crooner himself, Dino Martin). The next opp would be May 20 for the Bob Walk tipping Bobble-chair doll [​IMG](this mimics his now infamous spill he took in the radio booth one night on the road last season). These are both must haves. Hope you score them both Lady.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And to think - if the baseball season ended right now - the Cubs, Yanks and Giants would all finish in last place in their divisions out of the money and the Pirates would be in an 11 team round robin wildcard playoff race. It's nice to dream. Dumping Melancon looks like a genius move last year - poor Giants.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    (next season can't get here fast enough.......................:noose:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Bucs beat Cubs at Wrigley??????? Must be fake news - not possible. Cole did a nice job even though Rivero and Watson tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sweep of Cubbies at Wrigley?????? Poor Harry must be turning in his grave right now. Poor relief pitching can be such an Achilles heel in spite of all that other talent. What a strange first 2 weeks. Now I'm worried about 16 more against the Reds!

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pirates beat Yanks again for World Championship - this time in an abbreviated 3 game series. :dancing::dancing::dancing:Nice starting pitching for Buccos.

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Unreal how stupid these guys can be. Seems like our division this year is gonna be a slugfest. Our pitching is definitely not on par with what it was last year and our bullpen really has me worried.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes Sir, that's one scary offensive lineup you run out there each game - the icing on the cake for you is of course having Schwarber back plus the re-emergence of Jason Hayward - that guy has always scared me even back to his Atlanta days. The Reds and Brewfarts may no longer be doormats of the Central either. That distinction may very well be the Bucs this year and onward.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I went up to our game against the Reds Sunday and sat about 22 rows behind our dugout. We lost but it was still fun. My wife was still really disappointed she couldn't get her pic made giving Rizzo a kiss on the cheek. LOL!

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That's cool you got to see them play - how long of a drive is that? Don't think Pgh nor Cincy are bad places for opponents to attend a game unlike out here in LA where you get your head bashed in by MS-13 if you aren't sporting a Dodger blue wife beater. Pirates are out here this next week and have done surprisingly well on the West Coast these past few years but I wouldn't set foot anywhere near Dodger Stadium any more. I'd like to catch them over in Ariz though - lot of Pgh sports fans in Phoenix area.

Are you a Blackhawk or Predator fan? Preds are looking like the real deal this year.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's only a 3 and a half hour drive to Cincy. I go there a lot when the Steelers play there. I can say for sure that Great American Ballpark is a WAY friendlier experience than Paul Brown. Although if you set in the season tix section of Paul Brown it is a lot better of an experience. I've encountered some insanely obnoxious bungle fans over the years though. I'm actually not a fan of the Blackhawks or Predators but did grow up loving the Bulls too though. I'm really more of a Rockets fan now in the NBA though but hardly ever watch it. The NBA is just not what it used to be.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah Football fans tend to be more aggressively "spirited" than baseball fans (except in the Windy City) - so sporting opposition wear at a football game is riskier than at a baseball game (again, except for LA in recent years). I have a few friends (and a son-in-law) who have traveled the USA attending all MLB baseball venues and minor league parks between big cities. It's hard these days with new parks opening just about every year.

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Being 1 game over 500, winning 6 in a row and 9 out of their last 10 games it looks like the Pirates could make the NL Central division interesting. I'm not that big of a baseball fan but they are playing better than anyone right now. We will see if they can keep it up.

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree - but it will suck when Marte has to bow out in October should they somehow make the post-season. His dynamics on the base paths is irreplaceable and creates enough distraction to aid those batting after him. The good news though, they are so far out of the Wild Card race that winning the division is much more attainable and rewarding given it's a series rather than one and done.

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I guess the answer to if the Pirates can keep their good play up is No. They are really in the wrong division. They should be in the minor leagues (AAA or AA) with the limited talent they have. No pitching, fielding or hitting to measure up to the other teams in their division.
    Looks like the Cards are going to win it this year.

19. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Anytime I feel like we take any step forward, we take 10 back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The Cards have fallen off greatly and my Cubbies are finally starting to do something. I still say that the Dodgers are the team to beat though. Unless they manage to choke again. At least our whole division was sorta more competitive this year. Although most of the good teams from last year haven't played that great this year. I mean there was even a time when the Brewers were looking like they might make some noise. I think at one point this year only 6 teams in the MLB actually had a winning record. It's like everybody has been streaky or something but of course baseball is probably the cruelest of all games. So many ups and downs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Here we go Dodgers, here we go!

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Or as a famous man once said: upload_2017-9-2_13-30-50.jpeg payroll - I'm surprised Antifa hasn't rioted in the streets of LA over their horrific TV contract that blocks out ALL games - home and away (even with DTV's Extra Innings package) unless you have Times-Warner Cable or whatever it's called these days - Conagra?

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The Dodgers certainly wouldn't be the first team to "buy" a championship, Yankees, Marlins, Diamondbacks.....
    I don't really like baseball, I just semi-follow the Dodgers because they were the first team i saw play. When Koufax and Drysdale pitched. I haven't been to Chavez Ravine since.

24. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I'm a shameful Mets fan, and quite frankly I can't take this team serious anymore. I should have been a full time Buccos fan in college when I had the chance. It would have made me feel somewhat better than this awful team.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am afraid our Bucco's are calling it in already. Getting their tee times set up.

I am not so sure of the direction of the ownership for the Pirates, I wish Nutting

would sale team to Cuban so Buc's could compete on a level playing field. Bob Nutting

might be the worst owner in baseball.