1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cobi Hamilton

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelerNnyc, Aug 12, 2017.

1. steelerNnyc

steelerNnyc Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I am so sick of thebias of the the fans and writers for the Steelers

If ANYONE else on the team did what Cobi Hamilton did in last nights game, he would be praised as if he was the best thing walking. The writers have been bashing him all camp, saying "he always jumps when he catches the ball... waiting for him to stop doing that!" Well, his jumping got him/us 44 yards.Oh, and it was all hands, NOT body.

Folks should give credit when credit is due. He is the only receiver that showed ANYTHING last night... including Eli Rogers. Where was he last night? Severin was suppose to be "so amazing,"... yeah, what happened? He dropped a few and nobody is bashing him. smh.

People think Justin Hunter is a lock and hasn't played one game. Lol. I just don't get it.

Cobi made some horrible drops in the AFC Championship, yes... folks are harping on that and forgetting all the good he did the rest of the season. Again, if any other player on our team was playing like Cobi, you all would want them.

Give give credit where credit is due. No, he isn't the best on the team. No he isn't a #2.. besides, Cobi wasn't thrown the ball nearly as much throughout the season as he did for the AFC Championship game BUT y'all wanted him to a hero? I just don't get that logic

Getting one ball thrown your way (which is always caught btw) to being expected to make the biggest plays yet at a Championship game? Come on now.

So frustrating. Finally an unbiased article...
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/pit.24...ut-game-for-Pittsburgh-Steelers-106040731/Amp

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i for one like cobi. i thought he played well last year too. good blocker downfield as well. he also had at least one ST tackle last night as a gunner. :smiley1::cool:

3. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Practice squad . . . maybe. Depends on how many wide receivers they want to stash there.

4. steelerNnyc

steelerNnyc Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Why practice squad?

Coates is injury prone
    Hunter hasn't proved anything
    DHB is old
    Ayers.... welp

Hamilton is no different.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    When people say Hunter is a lock it isn't based so much on what he has done in camp, which is by the way him making the most of his opportunities, it is more that he is a lock because the front office doesn't typically sign a FA during the offseason and then cut him when making the 53. It could conceivably happen but it would be the first time I have witnessed it in over 20 years.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. steelerNnyc

steelerNnyc Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Camp and game is very different.

He is already injured. I don't wish bad on anyone, but dude... while everyone is injured and resting, Cobi is out there using his body and making plays. Gets no credit.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think Hamilton has the inside track on the 5th spot. I have been saying that if they keep six the top 4 are locked with Brown, Bryant, Smith-Shuster and Hunter for reasons I stated above. I think DHB is in at 6 due to special teams play which leaves one spot that Rogers, Hamilton, Coates and the rest are fighting for. Rogers was shake again last night, Coats is on pup, and Hamilton was consistent which puts him in front in my opinion. Ayers knows his path to the roster is on special teams so I think he is focusing on that.

9. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    They may only keep five

1. Brown
    2. Bryant
    3. Ju Ju
    4. Rogers
    5. DHB
    6. Hunter

All others will have a hard time making it.

10. steelerNnyc

steelerNnyc Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I hear you.

Just want to give credit where credit is due. These sports writers bash Hamilton and I am kinda sick of it. Nothing nice to say. It's frustrating!

Bias bias bias.

The NFL so inequitable. Money. Bias. Favors. Exceptions.

Anyway, GO HAMILTON.

11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Are there people actually sour on Cobi? I like the guy, but he is just a victim of being in a crowded WR corps.

12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    There will be injuries and I bet Cobi stays.

13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This board is getting strange. I swear the majority of post recently have dealt with the merits of drafting the long snapper, the upside potential of the #3 QB and now the lack of respect for the #5 receiver.

The regular season needs to get here soon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Speaks to the depth of the team

15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    either that or the moms of Josh Dobbs, Colin Holba and Cobi Hamilton are posting heavily here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Somebody get Mrs. Hamilton a snickers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm thinking we have a winner.

18. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Cobi should have a spot over Coates

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Cobi should get a spot ...

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It should be an interesting WR battle, may the best man win, whether it be Hunter, Coates, Ayers or DHB.

As one poster said earlier, it is pretty hard getting excited for a player that may catch 20 balls all season.

As I have stated for years there is only so many footballs to go around. Add them up, then throw in Bell.

You get my drift. Side note I would be interested in trading 1 of the mentioned above plus
    another Steeler player for a quality Safety.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Dobbs mom and Knox have been sparring on another post.

22. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Coates may have more upside but Cobi may fit the mold more of a #5 or #6 WR.

I still think we should be keeping 6 WRs. Not sure of our track record of doing this in the past.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    AB
    Bryant
    JuJu
    Rogers (Id rather have Ayers)
    Hunter
    Coates

No room for Cobi unless Coates doesn't regain form and if Coates doesn't make it, then DHB likely will.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We may need to keep 6 receivers just so we still have 3 healthy ones in January.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Receivers who made the 53 roster in 2016, obviously we have better talent this year:

Wide receivers
    Players who made the team: Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, Sammie Coates, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Eli Rogers

Analysis: The overarching task for Todd Haley and the Steelers' coaching staff as a whole is re-creating the space on the field that Martavis Bryant demanded last season. Eli Rogers in the slot may prove an early season surprise for some defenses, but longer-term, Pittsburgh has to prove it can get downfield consistently with more than just Brown. He's likely to be bracketed in plenty of double teams.