1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

could be a great opportunity for the o

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Aug 10, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's baaaaack. well at least practicing. i wish bell would join in too.

with martavis back i hope ben takes advantage of the situation he has. a good o-line, so many weapons at his disposal. i hope he uses all of them instead of AB, bell and deep throws to martavis.

he has the chance to mess with defenses minds by taking advantage of these stars but also using them as decoys to put points on the board with juju, hunter, eli, james, grimble, nix and even dj. these guys should have mismatches or be forgotten at times by defenses to cover the big 3. there will be no need to force things to our stars for points this year and i hope they understand that too if not getting the ball as much as they want.

team is what should be the first order of business. we could see that 30 points a game threshold if they play this the right way. its there for the taking. :cool:

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Won't do squat vs. Patriots.

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    hell no use even playing this season then, or the next 5 years. just give them 5 trophies and be done with it. :rolleyes::facepalm::cool:

4. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't have faith in the Steelers coaching staff vs. Patriots. Any other team in the NFL... yes. Not the Patriots.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we were undermanned last year. when cobi hamilton and DHB are your starters opposite AB and bell, your hands are a little tied. big difference coming in the offense this year. the pats will have their hands full for a change. i have a lot of faith in our offensive coaching staff. haley mehhh, but our position coaches are some of the best in the league. :cool:

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This O should be able to ring up the score board and IMO will have to as I see our D as still a weak one ...Can we out run Teams ?Yes and we should ...

If our O can put other Teams behind early and force Teams into passing more the D should get better at defending it as the season goes on ...If we just stay close to Teams and it comes down to which Defense makes the key stop there are several Teams that will beat our Team at that ...

We need to be aggressive from the very first snap, basically I see this Team at it's best as a front runner not as a wear them down or close the deal late Team...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess I still don't get this. We play over our heads for the better part of last season, run out of gas by the time we get in the playoffs, and lose to the Patriots. Now there are fans who see us never being able to beat the Patriots. I would say we have a much tougher road to the playoffs than the Patriots do during the season. I'm not surprised we had less left in the tank by the time we faced each other. And yet...that game was winnable in my opinion. Yeah I see how the math equals us never being able to beat the Patriots. What really bites me right in the butt is how much the Patriots dominate the minds of some Steeler's fans. WTH, we are the Steelers! No team should ever be in our heads...EVER!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  9. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014

Its not OUR heads that is the problem, its the PLAYERS heads. Or (and to me, this is the most probable thing) the COACHES heads.

10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers offense in playoffs: :yawn:

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    OK, then. How many solid victories vs. Patriots have the Steelers had since Roethlisberger has been QB for the Steelers? How many times have the Patriots beaten the Steelers in the regular season and playoffs since 2001 when Brady started at QB?

I can think of only 2 good wins: Halloween game Ben's rookie year 2004 and 2011 when Arians called the game of his life. Both were at Heinz Field. 2008 does not count because Brady was on IR.

The Patriots OWN the Steelers. Period. Just like the Raiders own the Steelers in California and Eagles own the Steelers in Philly.

Also... enjoy this year, because this is probably gonna be the last year the Steelers have a franchise QB for a while, unless gold is struck in the draft or free agency in 2018.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'd like to see marked improvement on offense.... on the road games. Last year was horrible on the road, night and day difference compared to home games. Not sure if MB or LB or BR will have the answer though.

13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It must be exhausting being such a downer. :beathorse: We get it already.

14. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Lay off, that horse isn't dead, it's just sleeping. :to keep order:

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some fans think if they predict doom and gloom all the time that they will be less disappointed after a loss. Doesn't work and all you do is rob yourself of some of the enjoyment of being a fan.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Pig knuckles, you are surely forgetting the 6 field goals we put up against KC in the playoffs.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bigbenhotness, your thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Boz was so money in that game.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't care how we win them as long as we win them. heck would the SB count any less if we won it with all FG's? nope we still get the trophy. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You really think the players and coaches come in each day and say, "Man, you know them darn Patriots they just own us. No sense in even playing the game. We try really hard but we are the Patriots bi#$*." I guess I have a hard time believing that.

As for a solid victory against the Patriots, well that is pretty subjective in my opinion. You might believe we have to win by 50 points to call it a "solid" victory, and I might say any win is a "solid" win in the NFL. Which happens to be my opinion of a solid win. I don't care if we win by kicking 6 field goals, an extra point, or 50 points. It takes a lot of things going right to win in the NFL.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm not being a downer. I'm exposing reality and truth.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bell injury took the wind out of the O's sails, the horrible secondary play, finger pointing, Brady smelled blood in the water. Oh, and the lack of ANY pass rush. Hopefully they have a better game plan because I feel we will be facing the dreaded Pats again to get to the top. To be the best you have to beat the best at this point. That's just the reality.

As far as the Offense is concerned, stocked to the hilt! The Offense needs to score and score more keeping the pedal to the metal... they have plenty of weapons...

23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Home and away are truly night/day for this offense. The last 4 yrs Ben has a total of 73 TD / 23 picks at in 28 home games, but 37 TD/29 picks on the road, 30 games.

Over that period his QB rating is 107 at home, 86 away. He's Literally has Aaron Rodgers rating at home and Jay Cutler's on the road.

This is a huge difference, over a long period of time. The reasons for it mystify me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Nope...see the X's for eyes. That's cartoon for dead!

25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I just want to win too. 3-0 or 31-28 or 45-17 or 56-48