1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Steelers trade a receiver before the season starts?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 7, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's on the pup, no one is trading for him.

If he regains form, he'll be on the roster.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes they trade DHB for Donald Trump ...Make the Steelers great again....At least they will have the slogan moving forward...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are there any quality Free safety's out there?

5. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Nope. Only because they had so much trouble with injuries in that particular area last year. Plus the ones that are worth something on the market are too good to trade. I guess that was a fairly obvious statement. I'm kinda tired this morning.

6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    No trades....... Damarcus ayers said it best...
    Whoever gets cut will end up on an NFL roster somewhere..... why would any team trade one of their assets when all they really have to do is wait

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Because a team will have to wait until a player clears waivers, when a player gets cut.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Listening to the media that covers the Steelers Coates is no lock to be on the roster. If Hunter continues to impress Coates could be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Fwiw, the Jets have only five teams that'd trump their claim (CLE,CHI,SF,JAX,TEN).

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So why put him on the pup? Just cut him now.

Obviously the Steelers are thinking he will be on the team.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Ayers could possibly be stashed on the PS....Hunter has a reputation of being All Pro in camp and not so much when it really counts. I don't see a good reason to keep DHB over either Coates or Hunter just because of STs. It really is a interesting dynamic because our starters typicality play so little in pre season so to me it's gonna be difficult to stand out. We still have control over Coates for 2 more years and I'm sure many of us would sign up for his production and the track he was on pre injury.
    We're gonna have to trust what the coaches see every day at practice on what's going to be some tough decision making. Me personally my 6 would be....AB,MB ,JJSS, ER,SC and JH....and try to stash Ayers.
    I wouldn't be opposed to keeping DA over JH but our track record with FAs suggests otherwise....

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Or when he's healthy trade him to a team like the Jets, who has no talent at the WR position.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A team like Chicago doesn't have much talent at WR, Markus Wheaton is injured would probably put in a claim if a WR is released.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think they could put Ayers and Hamilton on the PS, I don't see Coates having much of a role if Hunter keeps making plays.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Losing Enunwa was a big blow to them, they'd definitely be looking for some talent at the WR position.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would cut Coates before DHB. HeyBey is way better on STs and they are equal in my eyes on offense.

Stashing Ayers on the PS is risky to me, but that position is loaded, so someone will be vulnerable. I think Cobi Hamilton will be a late cut unless he has PS eligibility.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Again, hes on the pup and the Jets if they want to trade for a WR will not wait for Coates to get healthy. Its not like he is the only one.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh man your dislike of Coates clouds your judgment :lolol:

Coates 2016 season 435 yards
    DHB 3 seasons 462 yards.

Coates is far superior to DHB offensively. And that is with being rendered ineffective for the second half of the season due to injuries. So basically in 6 games he nearly matches DHBs numbers in 3 seasons. Come on man.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Agreed....and I think DHBs STs production has been blown way out of proportion I remember reading he had like 4 tackles last year.....Steve Tasker and Don Beebe look out....

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I've heard about Hunter being a Training Camp warrior and not showing up week 1. But lets face it... look at the QB's and teams he's been on...

I wouldn't write him off just yet.

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    But they are some of the most legendary tackles in the history of the game. That one where he wrapped that dude up with perfect form in that one game they played against that one team that one day is probably the greatest tackle I've ever seen. I remember thinking how I wish he would teach James Harrison to tackle like that when I saw it live. It's still my screensaver to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Definitely.......imagine what he could do from the safety position......ohhh the horror....

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Can't help it, I don't like the guy :lolol:. He'll be shown the door sooner or later...

24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I just said he was better at STs than Coates. And the number of tackles made on special teams is no where near the final measuring stick for a player's STs contributions as you make it out to be.

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I realize it's not the be all end all stat and I agree DHB has been a asset on STs for us but we just drafted a whole slew of guys that better contribute mightily on STs. The difference that Coates can make offensively compared to what DHB actually brings to our offense is more than enough to offset DHBs contributions on specials......you don't like Coates you admit it and we understand but what he put on tape prior to him mangling his hands can't be denied.....and yes "obviously" one day he will be shown the door....