1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

watt good news

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like the pick being we stayed put ..I think he was the BPA at that pick ,but would have Loved a move up for DB help ...He will help us big time against non elite QB'S ...Him and Bud will be studs once we can start making QB'S hold the ball a bit longer ....

I still have hope that we will sign Revis soon ...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Forget Revis, he gets 6 mill from the jets if he doesnt play this year, so he wants a few million more than 6 to play for any team, he is over priced for our cap and besides he is coming off a bad year and the jets would rather pay him 6M to sit out than have him on their roster....

4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We could take up a collection ? I think every Steeler's fan would chip in 5 dollars at just a shot of having a real CB who can play man coverage ..I send my 5 in first ,we have enough fans it wont cost the Team a dime ..

Plus the Jets are in tank mode, they are trying to lose ..

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Some apparently still believe he is not an athlete...

Here is just one of many counter arguments to that.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Have you actually watched revis play recently? He isn't a shutdown corner anymore. The simple fact the jets are willing to pay him 6 million not to play should make that abundantly clear. Revis is done. He was a great cornerback, but those days are gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For a bit I thought Revis was an option. According to one article he hasn't even seen his trainer since September. Old and out of shape is a lousy combination. Just ask my wife or girlfriend or mistress....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

He admitted in an interview that his body is breaking down. He's toast.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think he is a elite CB anymore...He did have a bad year ,but was put on other Teams fastest WR this caused him some problems ...He has lost a step but not trash yet ..IMO Revis at 75% would be a better option as a man CB than any the Steelers have at 100%..

I am not even sure we have CB'S who even know how to play man, Revis would bring great value in that regard alone..

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Nah I'd rather scrape up some change to pair with that 5 and buy a beer

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    revis needs to go with his 6 mil. to his island and retire. :cool:

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    well back to the thread. it's great to hear he gets the defense which was one of the first reasons i said we should pick him. ( he played in one very similar) it's also great to hear he has pass rush moves and it's not all athleticism. both big pluses for him to get on the field early and often. it also sounds like they like adams as well. LB position is the least of my worry at this point. across the board we have young talented and hungry. yea baby. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Does not surprise me at all. I heard Sutton is impressing too.

Can't wait for camp.

14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    According to PFF he was ranked 81st out of 119 cornerbacks last year. Not worth the money by any stretch of the imagination. You're clinging to a name and nothing more

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it goes hand in hand though with those rankings of pass rush, injury and age. the jets around him didn't do him any favors either and revis probably could help but we would be going backwards from what we are trying to do and that is get better and younger. plus the money and retarding our young players getting better.

last year was just that, last year. who out there really thinks burns will be worse after his rookie year? cockrell in year 3 as opposed to the last 2? davis in year 2? these are young guys with an arrow pointing up not down. we will have a better pass rush with dupree full time. cam back full time. hargraves in year two. watt? chickillo healthy again. this all helps the defense PWP. we have a ton of players in year 1-5 playing, it will come together without someone on the downside becoming a major player for us. :cool:

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he was playing banged up early in the season he got much better as the season went on ....You are also missing the point that the Jets put him on a Island most of the time with no help ...Is he that lock down ,take away half the field guy all by himself like he used to be ?No but I bet some Team will sign him soon and he will have a very good year ....

To Mac's point about him stunting the growth of the young guys ...He would do exactly the opposite ...Very few players can play CB at the level Revis has as such he has unique knowledge about the position he could pass on to our guys ...

I think Burns will get better , but I think we have seen the best of Ross and Davis ...IMO they just don't have the skills to play at a high level and they never will ...Can they become a William Gay type DB? Yes , but that will never beat the Pats with Brady ....Revis can play better than that now IMO which gives us a better chance of going all the way....

IMO it would be worth 7 Mil just to have him when we play the Pats or even the Raiders ....

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Good thing this isn't a thread about TJ Watt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My bad , Watt will be a very good player and it is great he is making some noise early in his NFL career ...Our future at that position seems to be in good shape ...

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    When reading the board, I often think "damn, I'm glad fans don't run the franchise (including myself)."

On topic - I'm really encouraged about TJ's apparent head for the game. His brother is a once in a generation talent. If he can even get close to the player his brother is, he's going to be special.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think it just bodes well for the defenses growth a little more quickly early in the season. it gives us the ability to not have to simplify things as much. it makes it harder for offenses to game plan against our defense. it allows us to mix things up with coverages on the back end, not worrying about the front end. :cool:

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I still see Troy running after Larry Fitzgerald in SB 43 then after a lot more too. Most going for a TD against us.
    I always liked Revis but I think he is done. Stick with the youngsters. LeBeau isn't here to sit them out for 4 years and let them go

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto your first statement. At least we know we shouldn't be.

We go to the AFC championship and people want to change head coaches. Knuckleheads.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    well us older fans need to see results quicker. we don't want to see us just close, especially with a franchise qb about to hang them up. we have limited time to see this team fill up both hands with rings. thats why we expect results. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed.

I wish both well. Same goes for the rest of the class as well.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    At 75 plus I certainly dont have the luxury of time, I went through that 25 year drought between SB 4 and SB 5 wins, believe me, none of you young guys want to go through a stretch like that again....