1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Legends Series: Yancey Thigpen

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Thigpen82, May 10, 2017.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Thigpen was my favorite Steeler during the '97 season. Good times. Pissed me off when he bolted for Tennessee. Of course the Steelers were losing all of their good players in the late 90's, before they started getting the Heinz Field revenue.

3. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    i still remember that dropped TD in a meaningless week 17 game against Tennesse...

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I absolutely loved Yancey when I was a kid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Surprisingly not covered in the video.

I don't remember the Oilers drop so much, but harder to forget this one:

I guess we all have bad days at the office...

6. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    That's it!!!!
    That's the play I was thinking of.
    Thank YOU!!!!

Week 17, in the 95 season.... i knew it was a meaningless week 17 game (we were locked in to the 2 seed/bye week)

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wasnt Faroe puking in that game after Lloyd sacked him?

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Don't remember that, but definitely remember that drop

9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It`s a bit amazing over the years how we tend to find top receivers in the draft, then often after 4 years they think they are great and go elsewhere for the big money only to see their success dwindle or fail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I watched all of them since I was there. Good memories

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you still are at heart. :lolol: i was at epcot last week BFT and was wondering if you were around there somewhere. i had my steelers hat on and got about 5 yea steelers during the day. ;):smiley1::cool:

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. Forgone conclusion that if you were a FA on the Steelers in the 90's you'd be gone after the season.

People get mad at the Steelers and how they approach FA now, they should have been around for the 90's. At least they keep their own now.

As much as it sucked watching great players leave year after year, though, they'd have another player waiting to take their place and not miss a beat.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm here right now actually. I've been here since last Thursday and am leaving Saturday evening. Every time I see somebody in Steeler gear I always say "Go Steelers" to them and my wife gets irritated about it. LOL! We are members at Bay Lake Tower and that's pretty much where we always stay. It's the one connected to the monorail that it drives through on the way in to the Magic Kingdom. I never wear my Steelers gear down here because I'm always wearing Ducktales shirts. For this trip I packed light. A 9 day trip and 17 different Ducktales shirts. LOL! I promise this is true. A Cast Member at Bay Lake actually remembered me this week because my ringtone and email are both Ducktales and she said "I KNEW YOU WERE FAMILIAR! YOU'RE THAT DUCKTALES GUY!" LOL!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thats funny. my dad has a house in dr. phillips area. orange tree golf course. 2 blocks from bay hill. you go out there back gate and you face universal. we didn't do disney springs this time. that was my first trip to epcot. they have passes and go see the concerts every week. soaring was pretty cool. the flowers were awesome. we were there for all the school field trips i believe. arrrrgghhhh. they were everywhere with their same t-shirts on. LOL:smiley1::cool:

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes it was the dreaded cheerleading competition. We always take a trip in May then September and then the next May before our annual passes run out for that year and our vacation club points "reset" in April. May isn't as good of a time now as it used to be. The cheeleading thing this year was absolutely out of control. Even a lot of cast members told me they hated it. Some of those kids act like they've never left the dang house. This coming weekend is actually the last competition of the year and it will be over though. It's insane how much their parents pay for them to do that stuff too. We talked to a guy whose daughter cheered for Sharks last year and he said it was 8 GRAND to do that!!! My wife wants our little girl to do that and I'm like "Uhhhh......" LOL!

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He had a great game against Denver in the 1997 regular season.