1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Teams Should The Steelers Look Out For In 2017?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, May 2, 2017.

1. Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers makes the impossible possible

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. New England Patriots. Bill Belichick always has something

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  3. Baltimore Ravens. We usually split but those splits are very important

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Cincinnati Bengals (Or Vontez Burfict specifically)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kansas City Chiefs. Always a tough, tough game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As the question states, which teams should we be most concerned about?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm only concerned about NE, the Steelers are the second best team in the AFC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need home field advantage and the bye....that starts with winning the Division.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I went with Green Bay, if you are looking to have homefield advantage over the Pats then you need to win those tough games and Green bay will be a tough offense to play while the Vikings will be a tough defense, thankfully the Vikings will be a home game.

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The Steelers need to look out for themselves. If they are well-coached, prepared, and execute, they will win.

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sunday's opponent.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Any team with a sub .500 record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, the Steelers are the 2nd best team as long as they don't play the Raiders in Oakland. Raiders with Carr would destroy the Steelers in Oakland. It would be over by the 2nd quarter. The Steelers lay down and die in Philly and Oakland.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that NE is gonna be the class of the NFL and therefore any team that wants a trophy is probably gonna have to get past them to get it. Good luck with that is all I can say. Although the Raiders don't scare me as much as they do some because I don't think they are all that great on defense. If we were at full power we shouldn't have a problem scoring against them.

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think the fixtures I am most concerned about are the '**** the bed' ones.

There is usually a team needing to turn their season around, having an unexpected burst of wins or inexplicably playing like SB champs that we run into.

Maybe the Jags next year? Maybe an inspired Browns on day one, who go on to go 1-15? Those kind of teams are the ones that I get most concerned about, rather than the predictably good ones.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As far as the ultimate goal, the Texans may be the team to beat. All depends on Watsons development.

If the Texans had a QB last year, they would have beat NE.

Overall, 3 teams standing in our way are, Texans, Raiders and of course, NE.

As far as the poll question, all of them, they are all tough outs.

12. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Browns and the Ravens and the Bengals ..If we can get past them them we can wait on our beating from NE unless another Team knocks them out for us..

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yup texans have a defense, we dont lol

15. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    patriots. Ravens will be tough too tho, their defense is stacked secondary wise.

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The question says which "teams" but I could only select one. I picked NE, but would have also chosen Green Bay if I could have.

17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We don't need to worry about any NFC teams yet. We really need to worry about ourselves until playoff time, then find a way to finally take out NE.

I don't view Baltimore as a threat. They don't have the it factor with any of their players. Outside of Mosley they haven't drafted a stud in a while. They have drafted some solid players but haven't held onto them (Upshaw, Osemele, McPhee) and busted out their entire 2013 class (and its looking like 2015 first rounder Perriman is headed to the busy status as well). They just don't have a very talented roster imo.

Bengals aren't a threat either. They've drafted really poorly since 2012.

Not worried about the chiefs either. Their D isn't good enough to stop us and they have Alex freaking Smith at QB. They're stuck as a quality team that goes one and done playoff time until they upgrade the QB position.

NE is the best team. As long as Brady and Belicheat are together they are a force to be reckoned with. We have to find a way to beat them when it matters. Then we can worry about the NFC teams

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Easy answer, New England until proven otherwise.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt that, Oakland has no defense the Steelers could score on them all day.

21. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Only voted to make sure we all voted for the Pats...and yep results are as I expected.

22. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Well, we play 13 different teams, so I'd say all 13.

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't know about that. Steelers had the 3 B's against Dolphins and Chiefs in the playoffs and only managed 1 good half of offense in three post season games. Patriots D pretty much shut them down (without Bell). Sorry, but field goals don't cut it. The offense is overrated, but hopefully Martavis Bryant and maybe Ladarius Green will help take pressure off Ben, Brown and Bell. Teams have figured out how to stop them.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  24. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    The answer to this question is NE, NE, NE. They are the team to beat. Period. Unless something REALLY crazy happens this year, you can pretty much bet on seeing them in the AFCC again this year.

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    If the Steelers even make it that far... conference championship. There are AFC teams with strong rosters that could defeat the Steelers before that game... and history has shown winning the AFC North is no gaurantee. The best the Steelers can do is the #2 seed, because Patriots will get the #1 because of their easy division and easy schedule with little to no competition. As long as Tom Brady thrives, the Steelers are pretty much doomed to failure and defeat.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1