1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Reinstatement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by chuckie_os, Mar 29, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  3. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Any news on this ... ?

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    No new news, Goodell is going to make him sweat it out until just before camp opens............

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  6. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Goodell is nothing but an a-hole. What's the freaking holdup with this? MB has either done what he's needed to do and should be reinstated or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its total BS that Goodell hasn't ruled on this yet but even if no resolution is made by the draft, theres still no way the Steelers will draft a WR in rd 1. Rd 3 would be the earliest.

Still have the best receiver in the league on the team.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    this is why these guys end up falling back into the same crap!

Either he's done what he needs to do to continue in the NFL or he hasn't.

Let the kid know and be done with it! He's sitting there teetering and starting to think to himself "What am I doing this for?", "How long is he going to hold this over me?", "What else do I have to do?".

Meanwhile the Steelers are putting together a draft board without knowledge of a key WR!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Agreed....total BS the Steelers go into the draft with such a big unknown.

10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :steelflag::towel:

Conditionally reinstated!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Bryant received an indefinite suspension that was to last no less than one year in March 2016.

12. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Oh **** son! It's onnn.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I know he's 1 strike away from essentially banishment, however, this may lessen any WR priority at the draft.

Just glad we got word before the draft.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Finally...please ,please ,please stay clean MB....all DBs have officially been put on notice...

16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Who are the mentors on offense. Where are the hines wards and jerome bettis on the team? Not a babysitter but a mentor

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can we shop him in a trade?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if you could find a trade partner willing to trade for a guy a failed test from being done in the league, you'd deminish their chances for SB greatly by doing so.

Nobody is giving up anything of value for him. Might as well take your chances. Offense is much better with him than without.

Roll the dice and see if he's a changed man.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    His attitude in a recent interview suggests that he isn't seeking advice from his teammates since no one knows his life but him. However that maybe his bruised ego talking and him pushing back against the notion that he lied to Ben.

20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Lets hope he has his act together. The guy has all the talent in the world and I wish nothing but the best for him. The only person that can stop MB from excelling on the field is MB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd be willing to bet that Hines used a bit of the Mary Jane a time or 2 while in the NFL.

Most of the guys that do actually know when they can and cannot. There was an article that some ex-player wrote saying how to go about it and not get caught...

22. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    MB welcome home!!!! now let's get to work on bringing #7 to the city of Champions. 2017 gonna be a memorable year where the Black and Gold returns to greatness I can't wait Go Steelers.:herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Of course he did...refer to Ryan Clark

24. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad this has finally been resolved, and in his/our favor!!!:yeehaw:

Shame it took so long...

Shame it happened in the first place,

But from what I`ve seen in a couple interviews, he seems genuineley contrite, and knows what he has to lose...

Hopefully, he will continue to focus on making money, and helping our team, and saves his partying days for post-career days...

Or better yet, doesn`t want to party, after his career, and turns to how he can do some good when he "gets on with his life`s work"..

Either way, I`m glad he is back, and cautiously optimistic, he doesn`t turn into a "Josh Gordon" type...

It sounds like they have some pretty rigorous stipulations attached to his "conditional" reinstatement...

Having to verify his participation in "clinics" in Pitt, etc..

I`m not a fan of mandating counseling/treatment programs, mostly because those programs don`t do much, if the person forced to go to them, doesn`t really want to change in the first place...

However, I can say from personal experience, they can "plant a seed", and make one think about if one wants to change, or not...

He also has a financial incentive, that most people that are court ordered into rehab programs don`t have, so that can come into play, as well...

I`m hoping he comes out of this with something to prove, because I`m selfish, and it would be good for our team!:beg::shrug:

I also know, when ya like to catch the buzz, ya like to catch the buzz...

We will see if he has truly dedicated himself to football(at least for now), or if he is just saying what everyone wants to hear...

If he has, we have a force to be reckoned with, along with some other damn good recievers...

And a RB that can catch the ball outta the backfield, with the best of `em!

Sounds like a good recipe for #7!!!:herewego!::herewego!::herewego!:

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sounds like you have some personal perspective...glad everything worked out for you and I agree for mostly selfish reasons that I hope he has it all figured out. I feel fortunate that I never needed to turn to self medicating myself to cope or never felt any pressure to fit in...I'm very strong willed,maybe my stubbornness my wife complains about isn't so bad after all. Glad I never wanted "to catch the buzz"....:smiley1::smiley1:.