1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers strategy to beat New England

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 5, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    im thinking of what AFC teams can knock off the pats for us, cause we sure cant. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    This isnt like Boxing where a fighter can avoid the top guy in their weight division, hoping if they stall long enough another fighter will beat the guy they are scared of....

• Like Like x 1
  3. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Sure, of course I'd give up Bryant in the deal.... with Antonio locked up long term, a nice group of young guys, the always replenishable well of draft picks... easy choice.

I just don't see that as the asset the Seattle would want.

A 1st and Tuitt is a ton to give up. Tuitt is the type of front line defender that Seattle is missing, and would be perfect for their scheme (a scheme we should move more towards ;) )

Before we did this deal, I'd have to be convinced they we were going to more hybrid fronts (since we would not be able to run dual 5techs), and more Cover 1 Man / Cover 3 zone masking schemes.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    as the phrase goes " shut up and play".

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Agreed... Whatever fire he may have lit in there was snuffed out due to deaf ears and the media storm drama blitz a la Ronald Ocean

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would give them Coates, Cockrell and a couple of draft picks.

7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I'd give someone, anyone really, Coates.

But beyond that, our #2 threat, Bryant, loves the off field buzz more than the on field buzz.
    We were unable to find #2 scoring threat, shocked me, to wreak havoc on a D trying to cover AB too.
    We lost Bell, again shocked me, in the game we needed him most.
    We acquired an injured TE.

lets wrap it up:
    No solid threat of the long pass (AB is in double coverage -see above)
    No solid threat of the big short (Where the TE? - see above)
    No solid threat on the ground ( Where's Bell? see above )

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    .........landing gear:shrug:

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Well when I was in Diego Garcia defending this great nation, guarding the island and the pre-positioned shipping for times of need. EX War, uprisings, pirates if they showed. There isn't much to do so the Navy had a great line up of sports you could play and most of us did. Football was a no-no as was sliding into a base because the island was made out of live coral, However, My Marine company had 2 softball teams. I was not on the best of them. Our # 1 was a favorite to win the championship, along with the Navy’s best team. I pitched for the 2nd team. Going up against the best Navy Team On time were down 4 to 2 about the 4th inning. I took the mound carrying an M16 with a 203 Grenade launcher attached. Laid it down pointing to home plate. Navy team looked at me like I was nuts but kept looking at the rifle. We won 7-4. Our #1 team won it all. I think My rifle had an effect on Them. Maybe I should take one to NE games and let them see the threat LOL
    That'll learn them!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    High paid corner who is a year away from being 30. This usually doesn't end well. Plus its not like the steelers will let him play press coverage and he wont get away with all his holding calls in pittsburgh.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Hell no. Bryant with AB and Bell will improve the Steelers highly overrated offense, IF Bryant can pass a piss test and IF he picks up where he left off in '15.

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Strategy for beating New England? HAHAHAHAAHA

There's a few reasons I have to laugh at this, some being obvious.

1. Steelers don't have the personnel on defense to compete with the Patriots. It would take an overhaul/change in the structure of the defense that would take at least 3 seasons to implement properly. Ben will be done by then.

2. Steelers coaching staff is capable of competent game plans against 30-1/2 teams. Patriots and Raiders at Oakland will always OWN the Steelers as long as Brady is QB for Patriots and as long as the Raiders have an NFL team and are playing the Steelers in California.

3. Steelers overrated offense gets shut down by the Patriots D when it counts. Landry Jones performed better than Ben Roethlisberger vs. the Patriots in the 2 games played in '16. That says it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup offense needs a true 2 receiver. Defense is smoke n mirrors

14. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Sherman playing on the Steelers?? He would be flagged for illegal contact and holding every other play.. Only in Seattle and maybe in New England would he be allowed to play his hands on game.

15. coldrolled

Dec 1, 2014
    Ben knows he needs another TE ... James, Green and the new guy.. release the rest of them, Ben needs weapons... You think when a defense sees David Johnson on the field they are thinking pass? no....

16. coldrolled

Dec 1, 2014

You may need to add Philadelphia to that list.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    True. We haven't beat them since '04 when they had McNabb and TO... and we had rookie Ben.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We beat them in 2012-16-14.....

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    That's right. Michael Vick was QB for Eagles. :eek: That was at Heinz Field.

Same situation as Steelers at Raiders. Steelers can't do squat in Philly... just like vs. Patriots in Foxboro.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  20. gimmeabruschi

gimmeabruschi Member

Jan 17, 2017
    To beat the Pats the best bet is to do what the Giants did in 2 SBs. Play ball control to keep Brady off the field and pressure him when he is on the field (either by an outright rush or a rush because of coverage). Keep it close and try to make plays at the end. Easier said than done.

The problem with that looking ahead is now with Cooks, Brady should cause a greater concern for the D on the deep ball, whereas before that, if Gronk were out you could often stymie the remaining receivers (like the Texans and Falcons did for a good part of the playoff games this year) and thwart Brady. That deep threat adds a whole new concern that hasn't been there since Moss.

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Make Bellicheat and Marsha fly United Airlines, only then would I like our chances....

22. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly...

Don`t lay lame duck goose eggs during the regular season.

Beat the teams we should, and some we shouldn`t.

Earn homefield advantage thru the playoffs, and make them come here...

Then pressure the hell out of Marcia, and play man coverage on their wr`s...

Don`t forget about Edellman, and let him beat us all game long...

And put Brady on his back, before he can find Gronk...

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!::dfense::steelflag:

23. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Get someone who can get to the quarterback

24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Tim Williams.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team