1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Buffalo Bills 2017 Draft

1) Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
    2) Kevin King, CB, Washington
    3) Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanona
    5) Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
    5) Samson Ebukam, OLB, Eastern Washington

I actually love this draft for Buffalo. Williams will take the heat off of Watkins, King would be a steal in the 2nd and has the ability to take out the other teams #1, I think he's first rd talent. I love Tanoh, great value in the 3rd. Him and Ebukam have very high ceilings and could end up giving the Bills a fierce pass rush. And Dobbs I thinks very underrated, I think has a chance of being a good NFL QB you can win with.

• Like Like x 2
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think you dropped the ball in the mid rounds. I would have gotten a RB with LeSean McCoy's skill set so you don't have to change the offense when McCoy is out. :lolol::lolol: Just kidding NY!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

OUCH........:duel:

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He shouldn't worry. There will be a guy with McCoy's skill set available in the 6th or 7th.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No need to wast a draft pick, theres always the UFA to find that.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Now you're just being silly :goofy:

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just razzin' ya man! I know exactly where you are coming from on the skill set debate. And to me, it really boils down to getting the best available RB when we draft. If his strengths align with Bell's, than all the better. If he is more of a runner and less a receiver, I'm OK with that too. I just think any RB they pick up will have the expectation to know the whole playbook and execute when called upon.

Leveon Bell had 78 receps in 3 years of college. Perine (for example) had 40 receps in his 3 years. Plus he split the backfield duties with Mixon. You never know what a guy can do when he comes into camp. The college offenses may not have used that aspect of their game.

If we are shoving it down the Ravens throats between the tackles with our back up, but not targeting him in the pass game, I think we can agree no one would be complaining.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I know bud I take no offense to it lol. I feel this debate has been pretty good, and I do see the other side but don't really agree. But you bring up a point why I feel that way, I really like Hunt better than most. I also feel Mcguire and Mathers are better runners than most think, these are just a few names. I haven't watched Perine so I guess me not liking him to fit our team is a little unfair.
    I will not lie a lot of what I talk about is from what I read not what I see. I don't have a lot of time so I can't watch as many guys as I use to. However that don't change how I feel when it comes to wanting a back up RB. With Bell's injury and suspension history this is super important to me. IMO, if we have a guy like Dwill in there the defense can focus more on AB-Bryant-Green and the running game. With Bell the defense has to worry if Bell is gonna split out or if he will swing out of the backfield for a pass or run it. I am not saying these guys can do what Bell can do(who can) but I want a guy who we can at least give a chance to see if they can. Just my thoughts onto why I feel this way.

As for pounding it down the Ravens throats I will admit I won't complain, however I am pretty sure we could do that with one of the guys I mentioned. Like I said before the NFL has changed and really it affects us more than it does anyone else. When you think of big hits...you think of the Steelers. When you think about Defense and running the ball you think of the Steelers. Today's NFL the big hits are gone and it is all about offense.......

9. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

he could still throw some extra money adrian peterson's way

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    After seeing how this draft played out I regret not drafting one of the 3 top RB's with my first pick. However all my research on the Eagles showed CB was their biggest need. Since right now Jalen Mills and Patrick Robinson are their starters I had to agree and went that route.

Other than the first round I am pretty happy with this draft, getting Hendrickson, Taylor and Jones to fill needs on D was good since they didn't have many needs on offense. I think Hendrickson is key with D-Coord Schwartz who likes to pressure the QB.

The only spot on offense that needed help was RB and like I said I wish I would have got one of the 3 top guys but am very happy with Hunt. I feel he is one of the more underrated guys in this draft and should end up winning the starting job for them.

EAGLES

Marlon Humphrey, CB
    Cordrea Tankersley, CB
    Trey Hendrickson, DE
    KAREEM HUNT, RB
    Steven Taylor, OLB
    Jarron Jones, DT

11. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Bears
    We came in with one goal in mind. to improve a defense that needs to get back to being the monsters of midway. With these selections I'm sure there will be some great contributors.
    King in the 3rd would be a steal. He can still line up as a CB if needed. Butt (when healthy) and Ford should be solid compliments in this run based offense.
    1. Malik Hooker, S
    2. Carl Lawson, OLB
    3. Desmond King, S
    4A. Jake Butt, TE
    4B. Elijah Qualls DT
    5. Isaiah Ford WR

Rams
    Without a 1st round pick because of a drunken trade the Rams were limited in what they could do. Grabbing probably my favorite CB with their first pick in Awuzie we tried to focus what we could on getting a more solid line and weapons around our future (gulp) Goff. However in the 4th taking Beckwith was a huge value selection.
    2. Chidobe Awuzie, CB
    3. Taylor Morton, OT
    4A. Kendall Beckwith, ILB
    4B. Chad Hansen, WR
    5. Danny Isidora, OG

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I like that Bears draft :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    2017 indy colt draft:

1) Cam Robinson--O.T.--Bama--6 Ft. 6 --322 lbs.
    2) Jordan Willis--D.E.--Kansas St.--6 Ft. 4-- 255 lbs.
    3) James Connor--R.B.--Pitt--6 Ft. 1 --235 lbs.
    4) Jaleel Johnson--D.T.--Iowa--6 ft. 3--320 lbs.
    5) Dede Westbrook--W.R.--Oaklahoma--6 ft.--180 lbs.
    6) Noah Brown--W.R.--Ohio State--6 ft. 2--225 lbs.

14. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    2017 carolina panther draft:

1)Johnathan Allen--D.E.--Bama--6 ft. 3--287 lbs.
    2) Alvin Kamara--R.B.--Tenn.--5 ft. 10--215 lbs.
    3) Justin Evans--Safety--Texas A& M--6 ft--200 lbs.
    4) Will Holden--O.T.--Vandy--6 ft. 7--311 lbs.
    5) Channing Stribling--C.B.--Mich. --6 ft. 1--190 lbs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a wrap! Thank you everyone for your participation and to my committee team for all your help! :applaud:

Time for the real thing tomorrow! :herewego:

• Like Like x 3
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    San Francisco's draft:

1. Mitch Trubisky - obvious need, let Hoyer start the year and see how he progresses.
    2. Zach Cunningham - switching to a 4-3 defense and they need some help at LB
    3. Roderick Johnson - a tackle to help rebuild that o-line
    4. Nico Siragusa - interior guy to help rebuild the o-line
    5. Eddie Jackson - safety depth and ST return ability
    6. Shaquill Griffin - speed to burn, good prospect this late to upgrade the CBs
    7. Aaron Jones - very athletic RB, who can run and catch

A lot of holes to fill for San Fran, and they went bonkers in FA. With that many holes, BPA seemed the way to go.

Atlanta Falcon's draft:

1. Forrest Lamp - one major piece filled to keep that offense humming
    2. Montravious Adams - Poe was a nice add in FA, but if his back continues to give him problems, Adams is insurance.
    3. Dawuane Smoot - need a pass rusher to help Beasley
    4. Rayshawn Jenkins - great safety prospect imo, him and Neal will make a nice pair.
    5. Keion Adams - speed rusher, who will need refinement and some muscle but could bring dividends in year two, while pass rushing duties in year one.

Biggest need was a pass rusher imo, so they double dipped in rnds 3 and 5. Would have liked an earlier selection but it just didn't fall that way. And the current rumor is they are trying to trade up in rnd 1 for a pass rusher so, maybe they get one in the real thing.

17. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  18. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Browns Draft-
    1A- Myles Garrett, DE
    1B- Pat Mahommes, QB
    1C- Leonard Fournette, RB
    2- Marcus Williams, FS
    4- Adam Bisnowati, OG/OT
    5A- Josh Harvey-Cleamons, SS
    5B- Zane Gonzales, K
    5C- Ezra Robinson, CB

Patsies Draft-
    3A- DeMarcus Walker, DE
    3B- Wayne Gallman, RB
    4- Corn Elder, CB
    5A- Michael Roberts, TE
    5B- Eddie Vanderdoes, DT

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  19. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Los Angeles Chargers Picks:

1st - Solomon Thomas - DE - Stanford
    2nd - Adoree Jackson - CB - Southern Cal
    3rd - Zay Jones - WR - East Carolina
    4th - Isaac Asiata - OG - Utah
    5th - Ejuan Price - OLB - Pittsburgh

• Like Like x 3
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @Blast Furnace just wondering if this was gonna happen again I know it is pretty late but man I always look forward to this.......:smiley1:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up, NY.

We're a few days behind so not bad. Last year took about two weeks to get it all organized and teams assigned so we're not in bad shape. I'll work on it today, make an announcement. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Anything I can do to help ya I will do man.

• Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    damn, that was fast

• Like Like x 1