1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your 4-5 year goal for Steelers first three draft choices?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Wardismvp, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just curious going forward how everyone's expectations are for our draft choices.
    I am limiting it to just the first three choices because of so many choices.
    Let er rip.

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I expect the first round pick to contribute in some way in his first year. ST, rotational player, whatever it is. By year 2 he should solidify himself as a starter and eventually become an impact player, or at least a quality starter (hopefully you draft more impact players than quality starters, but a good starter isn't a total failure).

Second rounder I expect usually to have some type of ST impact. Depending on the position there might be a chance for his player to contribute as a starter or rotational player. I expect this player to become a quality starter with a chance to be an impact player.

Third rounder I don't expect to contribute outside of ST the first year (anything more is a bonus) but I do expect them to develop into a starter down the road. Ideally we could get some impact players out of the third, but it is at least reasonable to expect this pick to be a starter in a few years.

Basically the first two picks need to be guys that turn out to be impact players at the high end and quality starters at the low end. I know we will miss sometimes, but as long as that's few and far between we can survive it. Third rounder should be a starter at some point. A quality rotational player wouldn't hurt here but it isn't a huge win either.

Our first three picks from last year met and exceeded my expectations, so hopefully we do more of that this year haha

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I feel the NFL/College has changed and what I mean by that is money has become such a big deal for players/teams. The more players you can get on your team with their rookie salary's the more you can pay to keep you older stars/free agents. Of course the rookies have to be able to play at an NFL level right away which is where College comes in. I feel college teams have more NFL experience on their coaching staff then in the past, which I leading to these players being more NFL ready.

So to get back to your question I feel both the 1st and 2nd rounder's should be able to contribute something in the first year. As for the 3rd rounder depending what position I think ST is a must. I hope we didn't get spoiled with what last years class gave us but I would like to see a lot of that out of this years class. JMO

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Terminate quarterbacks and receivers with extreme prejudice and that goes for all of them.

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I expect nothing less than 3 future members of the hall of fame.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very positive thinking there. LOL