1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Because according to CBSSports this kid has no weaknesses. Click on his name to see..

STRENGTHS: Shows lateral agility and surprising balance for a back with his high-cut frame. Impressive power for his build, consistently generating yardage after contact. Keeps his legs churning and spins out of tackles, falling forward to rack up extra yards.

His acceleration comes naturally. His mother was a standout sprinter at UCLA and he ran for the BYU track team in 2014.

He's big, he's bad and he has some balance. I'm thinking Bettis... oh yes I did. I went there!

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Funny thing - I thought Jamal Williams was gone, oops! Oh well, I like the guy I voted for too :huh:

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im thinking RB or ILB at this spot. I'll try and throw some names out in little bit, exceptionally busy week at work.

Anyone have ILB names, toss them out there.

4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I like a few a lot later though;

Riley Bullough, Hardy Nickerson & Ben Boulware.

I am really warming up to Noah Brown here. I like the fact that we have lots of WR's and when that is your strong suit I feel you have to make sure it stays that way.

6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I honestly would go with Chad Hansen if I took a WR, but I would plan on taking Zamorra in the 7th. He'll be there, he's a phenomenal athlete, just a major league screw up. He works out, great. He doesn't, he joins the group of 7th rounders I've pushed hard for and were washouts.

Here I go with RB, because comparable qbs to peterman are later in the draft.

Samaje Perrine, RB.

7. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ayers, Brown, Coates, Hamilton, Hey-Bey, Hunter, Rogers, Bryant are all already on the roster at WR.
    Even if Bryant falls out we still have 7 capable WRs that worked last year (minus Hunter)
    and you want another WR to sit on the roster and learn when we are in win now mode.
    We would have an injury bug at the WR level to ever even need another one.

Getting a RB or DL would be more beneficial as backups.
    Bell goes down and right now it's Davis going in. He did ok in his limited time as a feature back but was dropped on the depth chart last year.
    Heyward (Walton) Tuitt (Alualu) or Hargrave (McCullers) goes down and their backups don't really inspire anyone. Getting someone in to push the current backups or take their place would be better.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    If my eyes are deceiving me, Samaje perine is still available... as he had my vote last rd., I'm sticking with him now

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The problem is you are looking at Ayers, Hamilton, Bey, Hunter and Rogers as being equal. Everything I am reading is Brown has major talent and the knock on him is he is coming out early. I am considering Brown to be a future #2 and a replacement/insurance for Bryant. We saw how this offense worked without our deep threat guys. Ayers, Hamilton, Bey and Rogers don't offer that. I do like this class of WR's and I think there are still a lot of good ones left as well.

I agree depth at DL is important and RB but like WR I think there are guys still left out there who are really good. DT Brown form Louisville would be a nice pick as well in a round or two. There is talent up and down at all these positions I think no matter which position we choose we will get a good player and one that will contribute.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I might go Perine here, a banger to Bells finesse (not that Bell can't bang when he needs too).

My only thing is, as NYSteel alluded too, we should have a guy with Bells skill set so the game plan doesn't go out the window if he gets hurt.

Fitz does fit that mold though, not nearly as good of course.

Decisions decisions :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Sorry fellas late to the party, had to get internet at the new place....

I believe Alex Anzalone is still available although he comes with a lot of injury history. That's about the only ILB candidate worth a 4th imo. Think I'd still pass though.

My vote is for Samaje Perine again. How many Bell clones are out there? The offense can still run the ball with Perine if Bell is hurt. He had 427 in one game, tough enough for pass pro and has decent hands for checkdowns. Aaron Jones from UTEP would be my option here but Perine has done it on a bigger level. All time rushing leader at Oklahoma IIRC.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    My vote goes to Samaje Perine. Too good a talent to pass up.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Pernie may be good but we all saw what not having a RB with Bell's skill set done to us. Dwill was a nice runner but we lacked the pass threat with him in there, I don't want to see that again. Guys like McNichols, Mcguire, Dayes & Joe Williams all I feel fit our system so much better. I want our back up to be as much like Bell as possible so if we need him to step in then we won't lose as much of the play book. I am fine with wanting a bigger back but not as the back up, jmo

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm going for Wayne Gallman RB, Clemson. Surprised he's still available.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Taken by the Pats in the 3rd round, pick #96.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    D'oh. I Ctrl F'd, but I must've typo'd. That or @winggin has been spiking my coffee. I knew this tasted funny.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm voting Connor Harris. I think Vince Williams is capable, but Harris would be a solid addition, especially with Shazier's injury history

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You really think you are going to find a RB on Bells level at this point? DWill is pretty good catching the ball out of the back field and he doesn't come close to bringing what Bell does. He's a unique talent. Pretty much anyone you pick will be along the lines of Fitz talent then they will Bells.

The team shouldn't be dependent on one player to make the offense go. Thats a bad job by Haley if the entire gameplay goes to hell if Bell is out. They should incorporate Rogers or Ayers as the check down guys to pick up the slack if Bell is not playing.

Perine would be a good pick here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Blast please read what I said again, I said skill set not level. You know me well enough by now to know there isn't a back in this draft maybe not in the NFL that is at Bell's level. I am not saying Perine is not a good player, what I am saying is I don't want to change our offense like we did when Dwill was in there.

This isn't about our offense being dependent on one play more like our offense not missing a beat when one player is down. Why change things if Bell is out, I think I heard and read "next man up" way to many times to want a guy who can't do the same things like Bell. Not to mention if we have a back in there who is not a pass catching threat it will affect Ben as well as AB and others. Using Ayers and/or Rogers is not the same as having a back come out.

As far and anyone left being more along the lines of talent as Fitz than Bell, well like I said before there is a big difference between Bell and anyone right now in the NFL. When this offense is running on all cylinders it is the short quick pass game that gets it going mixed in with the long bomb. A back coming out of the backfield is part of that short pass game taking the LB out from the inside and opening it up for AB or drawing that safety up or dumping it off to the RB.

I am not saying Perine is not a good pick or a good player but I just don't like him in this offense. jmo :smiley1:

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Doh! It's a good thought though. I just did a mock on fanspeak, and took him with pick 3A. In retrospect that may have been the best pick for our mock with pick 3A, saving a slot corner for 3B. He's truly a 3 down backup.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I understood. I wasn't saying you said that, it was a question. Do you think we'll fine a rb of Bells talent? The answer is no, so the offense is going to change regardless. Dwill is a good pass catching RB, did our offense look the same? Nope. Fitz can catch too, they just aren't as good.

I'd rather take the most talented RB left. Perine is pretty darn good.

22. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'll vote for Perine, I show him slightly ahead of Jamaal Williams, plus saw a report that the steelers looked hard at Perine.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well just for the record(and I know we had this conversation before) there weren't many people that thought when we drafted Bell he had this kind of talent, I know you liked him. So by saying that you never know what your gonna get so it is hard to say that someone like McNichols or McGuire don't have that kind of talent potential. You never know but what I will say is IMO I would rather have a guy that has show he has done the same things as Bell has in college over a guy who is just a more talented runner. So with that said the offense will not change you will still have the same plays just maybe....maybe the results change, then again maybe not.

I think Dwill ran the ball well he just didn't have the same affect in the pass game and I am not a Fitz fan otherwise we wouldn't be looking for a back up RB we would already have it with Fitz. Like I said I am not doubting how good Perine is I am doubting how he fits our system and I don't like it. JMO

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    so do we have a vote total I need to vote I am leaning towards Noah Brown but I think Perine has a pretty big lead. I am not a fan as you can tell and if there are options I would like to look at them before I vote. :smiley1: