1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    My vote is going to Gerald Everett.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    1:00 tomorrow afternoon. 24 hours from when they go on the clock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not too sure if I did but Everett has already received my vote as well.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Gerald Everett

I've watched a couple of games plus highlights. He's a weapon in the passing game, especially the red zone. His blocking definitely needs coaching, but at least the effort is there, and he's not terrible blocking in space.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Everett has a very high ceiling. He is the x factor of this TE class.

He's got my vote.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    TY wasn't sure if it changed by round. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This is where we are at so far:

Samaje Perine, RB - 2

Gerald Everett, TE - 6

Anthony Walker, ILB - 1

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    My vote is for Everett, I really think getting insurance for Green is very important. James is a good TE and a nice target but he can't stretch the field like Green and now Everett.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    As much as I'd like a running back, I can't ignore Everett still being available. I'm convinced that Green will get knocked out again early-on and that will be the last down he ever plays.

I vote for Everett...he'd be a nice addition!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Gerald Everett is the winner :clapping:

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers picks so far:

1) T.J. Watt, LB, Wisconsin
    2) Josh Jones, S, NC State
    3) Jordan Lewis, CB, Michigan
    3) Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

The Lewis pick would make me nervous if this was the real draft but overall, this is a pretty nice haul so far.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    If this was the real thing I would feel the same way. I am not sure if the Steelers would ever really pick him I know he was in for a visit but I just can't see them doing this.

As I look back now nothing against Watt but I really don't like this pick. Mostly because the OLB class is so deep, I mean look at what is lefty even right now: Phillips, Wise, Dimick, Hall & Carraway are all guys I feel are good solid prospects. Are they the level of Watt no but they imo are close and that is right here in the bottom of the 3rd, lets also remember who was drafted as well.

Of course I am going to say I wanted Cunningham which is true but I also think the guy I may have wanted is Conley. I just feel CB is a spot we all like and it kind of got away from us, I do not like Lewis.

I like Jones a ton but Honestly I am looking now and see a guy like Lorenzo Jerome who I like a lot still out here and think we could have done something different with our 2nd pick, jmo.

Looking back from where we are at I would change our draft to this:

1 - Conley
    2 - Walker-Bowser-Hendrickson-Kpassagnon(one of these)
    3 - Jerome
    3 - Everett

I like Watt, Jones and Everett so I am not upset with our draft I am just saying in my perfect world(lol) this is what I would have liked.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would be pumped with this draft so far as the FO is Ok with Lewis' situation. Just like you can't make the club from the tub, you can't make tackles in shackles...you guys can use that one if you want :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Okay fellow Steelers fans, we are on the clock for the 4th round. The talent level is getting thinner and I see Peterman on the board as possibly the BPA. We need a running back and I am not as high on Perine as some of you others. I am not sure if Everett answers our wide receiver issue, since he is listed as a tight end.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm voting OLB Ejuan Price, Pittsburgh.

I know we drafted Watt and I know Price has terrible measurables. But, he's local, draws comparisons to James Harrison and is highly productive.

24.5 sacks and 42.5 TFL over the past 2 seasons.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm going with you on this one. The guy just flat out impacts all day. For anyone who doubts him, watch his game vs. North Carolina on DBD. Neither tackle could handle him without help (or by holding him - another comparison to JH).

Ejuan Price, OLB, Pitt.

17. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    every time i see that name for some reason I think of...

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
  19. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
  20. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Before I vote I want to hear from everyone and hear why they like their guys. I think here in the 4th round there is still a ton of talent out there. I see someone threw out Price and that is a nice pick, NFL.com compares him to James Harrison in there draft profile. My problem with Price is we are looking to double dip here and there is still a lot of good guys left at OLB, Wise, Dimick, Biegel & Jones to name a few. Some guys I like are:

Noah Brown - WR, Ohio St.....Ben wants more weapons this guy might be it. He is coming out early so his stats are a little low but all that I read he could be a steal. 4.4 speed, 6-2 and 7 td's in 32 rec.

Jeremy McNichols - RB, Boise St......Still lots of good RB's out there but I like this kid as a fit to our system, 1709 yds with 23 td's also 37 rec.

Deatrick Wise, Josh Carraway, Ejuan Price and Keionta Davis...OLB's

Lorenzo Jerome SS, yeah we got Jones but this kid is a ball hawk. Hard to double dip at safety but I like him a ton.

Right now I am leaning toward Brown I feel with a nice TE last round and this kid for depth at wr Ben could be a little happier, who does anyone like or dislike?

22. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    A few I like at this point:

Chad Hansen - WR
    Connor Harris - MLB
    Jeremy McNichols - RB

And my wildcard: Nathan Peterman - QB

23. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    If we're talking going OLB again (which I'm not opposed to) I would think we should go for Josh Carraway.

With the way our draft has shaped up I still like
    Carlos Watkins DT Clemson
    Ryan Glasgow DT Michigan
    Corey Clement RB Wisconsin
    Jeremy McNichols RB Boise State

All are better value picks than a lot of the OLB prospects still out there.
    I don't like/think we should be drafting a WR at all this year.
    This QB class just seems like it doesn't have a lot to offer, even at the top of the class.
    We already hit on one OLB and 2 DBs and a TE.
    I don't see OL as a need to draft. The only area left for me that can continue to improve is the depth at DL and RB

24. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I vote for Noah Brown - let him learn a year under our guys and then we have a fall-back should Bryant have any issues going forward

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    My vote is going to Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh. Is he the heir replacement to Ben, probably not. Being from St. Louis I see some similarities to Kurt Warner, in that he moves well in the pocket and will take a hit to deliver a pass.