1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers strategy to beat New England

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 5, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Be bold and trade for Richard Sherman, because if the Patriots get him forget about it. Then you draft a slot CB and a Safety along with two OLBs, that would be enough depth to at least slow them down. I know it won't happen but a guy can hope it does :shrug:. I would offer Seattle a second round pick in 2017 and a fourth in 2018, offer Sammie Coates also and draft Chris Godwin in the third round. Sherman only has 2 years left on his contract, if he screws up in 2017 then cut him before 2018.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not sure about it unless Gay gets released, which I don't think is going to happen.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Something tells me Sherman wouldn't be a good fit in NE. But as they already have two top-tier CBs, I would be surprised if they made a move for him.

(I'm usually utterly wrong with predictions, though)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have zero faith in our present coaching staff to put together
    a game plan to beat the Patriots. Even with additional talent,
    we had a more talented roster last year and they destroyed us.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    that is a lot of question marks for me. first, I hate giving up 2 picks. second giving away coates and assuming we can draft godwin is a risk in itself. but for me the biggest one is Sherman. I don't like his attitude but that isn't what worries me. his play seemed to really fall off when Thomas got hurt. he takes a lot of chances and that was easy to do with Thomas back there.
    he takes those chances here its 6 cause Mitchell sucks. you find his replacement and you don't need Sherman.jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If the Steelers didn't practice against the Flea Flicker or any other trick play for the AFCCG then Tomlin will never be able to make it to the SB again if we have to face NE. I agree with the other poster who said he has zero faith in our Coaching staff to beat the Patriots. We had our best opportunity and failed miserably.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    dupree/chickillo tuitt/walton hargraves/alualu heyward/????any of the 5 as a rotation. JH/ derek rivers? ryan anderson? vince biegel? janancy jones? anybody that steps up from the futures guys. fanaika,blount,huguenin, or moats.

shazier/ fort/ jordan evans? jared davis? anthony walker jr.? williams/ matakevich/ johnson

burns/ shaquill griffen? gay/ golson/ william likely? demontae kazee? desmond king? corn elder? cockrell/ shaquill griffen? many options.

davis/ obi melifonwu? josh jones? montae nicholson? desmond king? marcus maye? jonathon ford? rayshawn jenkins? david jones? casey deandrade? pick two.

that should help. :smiley1::cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If they got Sherman they would trade Butler.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A lot of those guys you say on the more talented roster didn't play in the AFCCG.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We play them at heinz field this year so we will see if we learned anything from the AFCC game, is Ben still going to call us their little brother or will we be mentally and physically tough this time around????

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We need the players to beat them so I agree with getting Sherman..I would trade next years pick though and hope to draft another CB or Safety early in the draft ..Just like Coach T stated we have to be able to play man better ..This means we need at least 2 better CB'S and a better Safety than Mike ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd love to see Bud hit Brady like he did Moore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Will you offer Stephon Tuitt and our 1st rounder in 2017? Because that's what the asking price is....

For the record, I'd make that trade.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    unacceptable.gif

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    To beat the Pats we need Von Miller.

16. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I agree with the Sherman part, but I am not too confident putting rookies up against the Patriots offense in any degree

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    nope

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So would the rest of the AFC East for that matter.

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too, but the risk of a tax being levied on Pittsburgh residents to even begin to pay the fine might be too much.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Diamond I had forgot that our 2nd best player on the team made those little brother comments. Looks like Ben has little faith in the coaching staff also. The Pats own this coaching staff.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This really is the question. After the last game he pouted and said he was thinking of taking his ball home. Personally, I want my QB to be telling the world that next time we are going to come out stronger and kick their ass. Not admit inferiority. I'm a competitor. I sure as $#/+ wouldn't be asking for my big brothers hand me down jersey!

Ben surely didn't cause us to loose the last game. He also surely didn't play like an elite winning QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    100% agree.

Brady will need to have grass stains and knocked around if we are to have any chance of beating the Evil Empire.

Now the million $ question is how to do that??
    1) A killer secondary forcing coverage sacks
    OR
    2) A wicked pass rush

Regardless, a new coaching strategy will be needed. Continue that porous zone DEF being 10 yards off the WRs and Tom Terrific continues to eat us for breakfast.

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Who or what would you be willing to give up to get him though? Martavis Bryant and a draft pick maybe? I just don't think he would come cheap and honestly I don't know if he'd be a good fit here. If people get irritated about some of AB's supposed antics then good grief heads would explode over some of Sherman's crap. It's only rumored that AB was a distraction on the sidelines this year but it's pure fact that Sherman was over there raising the devil. I really wonder if they don't feel like he hurts the team chemistry.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, in all fairness, Tomlin DID talk with some swagger in the locker room about the New England game and we see how that turned out. It might be better to just keep our mouths shut about them. LOL!

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I would for sure be willing to give up the first rounder but I don't think I'd be willing to give up Tuitt. Would you be willing to give up Martavis Bryant? He's still a big question mark for me but the hags were willing to pick up Percy Harvin so they might be willing to take a shot at a guy with issues like Bryant too. He's obviously talented and if he's gonna keep his crap together then he will greatly help us but if not I'd like to see him become somebody else's problem if it's gonna improve our team.