1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeper pick at edge rusher

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Jan 29, 2017.

1. StillHERNation

StillHERNation Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Randle El, Kordell, Hines were excellent Gadget Players.

2. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    Pumphrey ran 4.48 and Tarik ran a 4.42.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ok? your point is? :cool:

4. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    I was shocked pumphrey was kind of average speed for his size.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    oh i see. wasn't sure what you were meaning with that. i knew he wasn't a straight line burner but it's still fast. he's quick as lightning in his cuts at full speed and can make those moves without losing speed. he's quick through an opening too. fun to watch and hard for guys to get a bead on him to lay a hit. he keeps them off balance. not all runners can do these things. :cool:

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    karter shult. not sure he would be an OLB but the kid plays in the other teams backfield. quick off the snap, gets through double teams and has a way of beating blocks. looks strong. :cool:

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ah My recollection they were also every down type players, something
    your person wouldn't be.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Not sure if anyone mentioned him, but- Tarell Basham is a good edge rusher sleeper pick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, Ryan Anderson is definitely underrated.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i've seen him play quite often the last few years. he is that tweener DE OLB type. not sure about coverage skills with him. :cool:

13. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, he will need development in coverage.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Took him in our mock draft :thumbs up:

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Speaking of taking players, one person who seems to have seriously peakes Tomlins interest is Derek Rivers.

Met at the Senior Bowl.

Met at the Combine.

Met at Pro Day.

Had a pre draft visit.

Such players usually are ones keeping eyes on... which raises the question;

Could he be in play late round one? Odd question I know.... but many of us stated the same about "overreaching" for Artie Burns and look how that turned out.

Again, no guarantee lightning strikes twice but intriguing to ponder without question.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Hes not on my radar but what the heck do I know. Last year they didn't draft one player I coveted but as you said, look how that turned out.

We all spend so much time on this, that its fun when they take players we like and disappointing when they dont, but if it means having another draft like we did last year, I hope they dont take any of the ones I like again. :lolol:

Of course, it would be even better having a draft like we did last year while picking the players I like :hardrock:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    porter, dan colbert and another scout were at his pro day. MT wasn't there or kevin colbert. his lack of effort after he doesn't immediately become part of the play sticks out to me. if he is the pick i hope that changes. HWS that MT likes is there. :cool:

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Watched his film a few days ago. I like his film a lot more than Rivers' film.

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The last time I looked there were 4 Rivers games on draft breakdown. In every game he was a complete non-factor on over 90% of plays, but every once in a while he'd wake up, shift gears and make a play. He almost always just seemed to stand up and and engage the RT to a stand still regardless of down and distance, run/pass, etc. If there were sweeps to his side, he frequently lost contain without seeming to even know the play was heading his way. Sometimes he would crash down on the inside run and help out, but infrequently. He drew very few double teams because he was usually neutralized by an FCS RT. To me it looks like there's something wrong there mentally. I'll scream bloody murder if he's our first rounder.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yep. like he's not interested. quite the opposite from moss on the other side. :cool:

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very good, 3rd round? Not sure he transitions to a 3-4 olb though?

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Not interested, or he has no clue where the ball is. Either is concerning. I know that he has the H/W/S thing going on, but the tape is a head scratcher for me.

23. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Rivers isn't as much of a sleeper pick as many may think.......... he's on quite a few teams radars, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't last past the 2nd rd.....

My sleeper is tyus bowser

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think anderson from bama could be a stud. add jones later in the draft or even fields has been getting some looks from us and we could be fine.

i saw they brought cunningham and phillips in for visits today. maybe they are thinking inside too with a couple of these guys.:shrug: :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm all aboard the Anderson train with you. Would be ecstatic in the 2nd.....somebody is gonna get themselves a good football player....hopefully us...