1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Las Vegas Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Just doesn't have the same ring to it. Another fanbase screwed over by greedy owners.

Feel bad for the fans. There should be an Oakland Raiders in the NFL.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Seriously over the raiders and their relocating.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah this one is the worst. I mean I know it's not like it's the first time but with this one the team really seems to be on the upswing and now the local fans are gonna get hosed on watching them finally be competitive. When are they actually gonna start playing in Vegas?

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I feel bad for the fans, but it's not like the Raiders haven't moved before. Las Vegas Raiders sounds really weird to my ears, though.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think I saw that their lease runs through 2018. After that, I heard there is a place in Vegas they can play until its ready in 2020.

You're spot on about the fans, they endured 25 years of crap since they've returned to Oakland, still going to games to watch a crappy product and now the team is finally getting good and this is their reward. Total bs.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    As a Connecticut resident, I'm waiting for next big NFL move that results in the "Hartford Steelers"... it has a certain ring to it :lolol:

Seriously though, I feel for the Raider fans, but not the city. The city had multiple chances, and made choices that were not conducive to keeping an NFL franchise.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm only 2 hours away from LV - I like it. Plus the Raiders are the only NFL team still playing in a combo baseball/football stadium. Oakland Mayor says they won't put a nickel of public money into a new stadium, not unlike San Diego but at least the voters had a say in SD and they said no. Oakland is messed up but I won't get into a rant about where that city's sorry priorities are. Good riddance to the Black Hole - nasty fan base for the most part - just ask SD Charger fans...........well former SD Charger fans

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    San Diego didn't say no to public funding necessarily. They said no to public funding of a stadium downtown! If the vote had been for a stadium at the existing site, you know, where the infrastucture is already in place. LOTS of parking, trolley stop in the parking lot, accessible from 2 major roadways.............the vote would have been different.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I figured you'd straighten me out on this one - so was this only a City vote or a County vote? Did you have a say out in Santee?

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Nah, city only. However, if it had passed, they would have used county money too.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    In my over 45 years of watching Steeler football they have not
    had good results on the west coast. Now to have to go to an adult
    playground like Vegas. Oh boy thank goodness the Raiders are not
    a division opponent.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Raiders moving to Vegas will only juxtapose realities: In Oakland you can wander around for an hour and a half and never leave the scene of a crime; In Vegas you can wander around for an hour and a half and never escape the presence of a hooker. But all's good now - Ben's a committed full-time family man. The Steelers might have to leave Martavis Bryant behind though when traveling to Vegas - sort of like they had to do with Ryan Clark in Denver but for slightly different reasons. :cool:

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :laughing:

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    so, the city that had a problem moving 15 million for the schools, somehow ponies up for an NFL team?

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just imagine all the fans walking into the stadium in all their black gear, skulls, extra heads, masks, etc. etc. in late August and Sept.............in the desert!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    From what I understand - it will be visitors who will pony up with increased hotel room tax - OPM! But, the priority thing is what it is.

18. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    If I understand it right, it's based on an increase hotel tax and the stadium being used for 300+ events per year. No way the total 10 NFL dates can cover the costs.

Raiders get sweet stadium deal, Rams build their own, Chargers become renters.

And you wonder why da Bolts are who they are, where they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Doesn't make me wonder. I know!

20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Sticking the raiders in the middle of sin city with millionaire players and telling them to stay out of trouble is going to be an impossible task, a quarter of the team will be fined and suspended in the first year, that place is a trouble magnet for young guys with lots of money...........

21. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017