1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well that was remarkably unhelpful :lolol:

2. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I strive to provide as little real information as possible when under cross examination. :roflmao:

What I mean is that I watched more film on him and got comfortable that he has the skill set to be a solid pass defender, and not just an in-the-box safety.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes!

Surprised he's still on the board...best value at this pick.

5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Josh Jones

This guy was born to be a Steeler!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm thinking the same thing as chitown. Maybe we use the same big board website haha.

My vote is for D. King

7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Forgot to answer the second part - it was nearly a toss-up between Jones and King, so while my vote is for Jones, if it's King I'll be OK. They're both good football players, and good value at the end of the 2nd round.

8. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Right now I count 5 votes for both Jones and King, and 2 for Quincy Wilson. Close!

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    We still have to have a safety that can play in the box, imo having King and Davis will take away from that.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This is why Im excited about this draft, if we find ourselves with 3 quality options to choose from a month from now, I'll be very please.

I'd be happy with any of these guys but Im going to throw my hat in for King. 14 picks on his resume, good open field tackler (wouldn't that be nice) total iron man playing nearly every snap over 4 years and settled any questions about his speed with a 4.50 at his pro day.

Has fluid hips and quick feet which for me is a must to succeed at the pro level and has played both press and zone.

He'll make an immediate impact on ST's as well since he returns both kicks and punts.

Could have entered the draft last year but stayed to get his degree, people feel he would have been an easy first rounder if he had but this class is very deep and plus his numbers dropped when QB's started avoiding him because of his 2015 season.

Vote: Desmond King.

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Could someone set up a real poll so we can vote on Jones, King, or Wilson or other potential picks? I like Jones, but with the new rules, I do not want a safety that plays out of control at times and may be ejected because he touched someone too hard.
    I am casting my vote Quincy Wilson. We need a corner and while I like Jones and King, we need a player that is more corner than a hybrid safety playing corner.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    There I just fixed your vote for you.....lmao! I am starting to think you are just going the opposite of everything I say:hehehe:

Anyways I remember last year I was real high on King and liked what I saw but the more I read on Jones I like him a ton. Like I just pointed out having Davis and King has me worried about out run D. I like a guy like Jones cause he does have good ball skills but yet can step up and be a run stopper. jmo.

Like you say in a few weeks if we have this problem all these good prospects falling to us I will be happy.......

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

I just like poking you. I like King a little more and think he would be more helpful at CB.

King would be fine stopping the run, he's not a missile like Jones but that has bit him in the ass just like it has Mitchel.

14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    One site I read said King had 11 penalties last year, including 5 personal fouls, so he may be more like Mitchell than we think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Tight race:

Desmond King - 6
    Josh Jones - 5
    Quincy Wilson - 3

Voting will be open until tomorrow, long way to go still.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That's what's cool about you and I going back and forth it always end good. :thumbs_up: I almost like when you don't agree cause I get a different look at it.

I think no matter who it is we can't go wrong here last year I was very high on King this year I haven't read as much good stuff. Is he a CB or is he a S, what I know is Jones is a S and he could get a year behind both Mitchell and Davis and maybe we see the end of Mitchell after this year and Jones steps in there. jmo

What a great problem to have right now with all these guys staring us in the face, to bad we couldn't trade back a few spots and gain a pick cause the talent level in rounds 2-4 is very good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

VOTE JOSH JONES, FOR EVERY VOTE YOU GET A FREE BEER......OF COURSE YOU WILL HAVE TO COME TO NY TO GET IT. :drinks::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

With as much as we are in nickel, I feel King is a better fit for us.

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    1. Where in NY? 2. Do votes already cast count, or is this like a cable/satellite TV deal that only applies to new customers?

• Like Like x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Isn't it just the opposite? With as much as we are in nickle we need guys that can both tackle and have ball skills? I am not saying King can't tackle but he isn't the thumper Jones is. This is the reason I have come to like Jones so much, when we are in the nickle we aren't at a big of a loss against the run.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes new votes only as per the fine print in the tv ad:facepalm:.....lmao. However for a select few if your ever in the Binghamton area I have cold ones waiting..........:drinks:

22. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
    Beer!?! Is it too late t change my vote?

• Like Like x 1
  23. winggin

Oct 23, 2011
    That's how every discussion on who to draft should start. Free Beer if you vote for...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    If beer is involved...I'm changing my vote!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure why you think he's a liability at tackling. King is both aggressive and willing in run support, he happens to be a good tackler and has very good ball skills.

He can come up in run support, drop into zone or cover man. Nickel.