1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If Moreau or Wilson are available, Green Bay will be selecting one of them.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    :thumbs_up:

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am hoping like heck Moreau is there he would be solid but I would rather look at Zay Jones over Kupp:

Jones had video game-like production playing in a college offense that inflates numbers. As a senior, he totaled 158 receptions for 1,746 yards with eight touchdowns. Jones had other quality production as a junior (98-1,099-5), sophomore (81-830-5) and freshman (62-604-5). Jones set an NCAA record for receptions, breaking the total previously held by former teammate Justin Hardy.

Jones was phenomenal at the Senior Bowl and really helped his draft stock. He showed a quick burst off the line with the speed to get separation. Jones also ran good routes with excellent hands and showed a knack for getting away from the secondary late. He plays bigger than his listed numbers and has functional size for the NFL. Some team sources have said they graded Jones in the third round.

Hard to go WR here we need so many areas over WR and this draft is real deep but Jones has potential to be our #2 for a long time.

Also if we are interested in a double dip McMillan, Davis and Bowser are some options as well.

Not gonna lie my guy here was the S from Utah Williams......:worried:

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Two things we absolutely dont agree on, the draft and TWD :lolol:

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What part don't you agree with Jones over Kupp?

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Are you picking on me cause I am fat?????? Well here is something....I like money!!!!!

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Taking a WR in the 2nd. Especially a guy that will make his living in the slot. Not to mention we have Rogers and Ayers to fill that roll.

Jones has great hands, no doubt about that but I think he'll struggle at the next level against better CB's. He wont get separation and won't win as many contested balls as he did in college.

I didnt know you were, no fat shaming here :lolol:

But yes, money good.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I did say it would be hard taking a WR in the second with so many other needs but imo I would rather have Jones over Kupp. I watched Jones at the senior bowl have the day of his life and make some real nice catches. I am not saying we should draft him I am just saying if guys are going to throw out names of WR I would rather have Jones.

As for who I want I like Moreau a ton even with the injury.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  9. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Desmond King would be a better option I think. Guy has good ball skills, size, and already looks good in Black and Gold.
    A CB converting to safety.
    He can play in dime packages his rookie year and then take over for Mitchel the following year if he progresses enough.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Thanks for you patience and making my 2nd round Seattle pick. Sorry I was stuck flying back from Europe and renting a car to get all the way home when my stupid flight home cancelled. I should be good to go forward.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok so here we are 2nd round. We have Watt on the team and we have plenty of options out there:

WR - Samuel, Godwin, Kupp and Jones. The problem is WR is not a big need for us and this draft is loaded.

LB- McMillan, Riely, Bowser and Walker. Do we double dip here, my opinion is we wait again OLB is deep.

TE - Shaheen and Everett. Both very good option here

CB - Lewis, Wilson, Witherspoon & Sutton. At this point I think we can get the same talent in the next 2 rounds but I understand if we grabbed one here.

S - King, Jones & Evens. I like grabbing either Jones or King here. It fills a need as also maybe BPA.

DT - Wormley & Tomlinson. I know we like Wormley but I think our need depth here don't warrent a 2nd rounder.

These are just my opinions just thought I would break this down some. I know someone started a thread about Jones(ss) so I looked him up and I like him a lot and I feel is a perfect fit for the direction this defense is going. Here is what NFL.com says:

STRENGTHS
    Possesses prototypical combination of size and speed. Has acceleration and top-end speed to range all over the field. Plus athletic ability and reactive quickness. Has ability to disguise his coverage before sprinting back to centerfield. Has experience with both safety spots. Fluid in his movement and is an explosive leaper when challenging at the high-point. Has the ball skills to rake it or take it. Plays with eager eyes that stay glued to quarterback's intentions. Has the closing burst to challenge throws. Extremely aggressive. Bouncy feet can't wait to fire downhill and hit something. Accelerates through the collision. Does a good job of punching and playing off of blockers.

SOURCES TELL US
    "This guy would just as soon hit you as look at you on the football field. Hey, it's fun to watch his tape because he's already got that NFL mentality to him, but he gets way out of control too. I saw that early on in the tape. You've got to rein him in a little bit." - AFC defensive backs coach
    NFL COMPARISON
    Mike Mitchell
    BOTTOM LINE
    Jones is a height-weight-speed prospect to be sure, but he's not just a traits-based safety. Jones has the appetite for hitting that teams will want around the box and he has the speed and ball skills to range and help against vertical threats from a deep safety spot. The big area of concern will be Jones' ability to play with better discipline in coverage and as a tackler. He has the ability to become a good, long-time starter in the league.

My vote is Josh Jones NC State, he checks all the boxes, plays both S spots and can catch and hit.......sounds like Black and Gold to me..........

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Hell freezes over.... worlds collide.... Steve Bannon and Rachel Maddow share a hug.... Steel Elvis and NYSTEELERFAN agree on a draft pick.... it's end-of-days chaos.

Josh Jones, S, NC State gets my vote

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    OMFG...LMAO!!!!!! That is it voting over the pick is in, lol!

This guy was not even on my radar until someone(not sure who) made a thread about him and after reading I just am not sure there is a guy in this draft that doesn't not have Steeler written all over him more than this kid.

14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Blame turtle. He started it. "Oh yes, turtle likey..."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Would love to have Adam Sheehan as a prospect, but secondary needs are too great. Torn between Jones, King and Quincy Wilson. I will vote for Desmond King.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Hopefully J. Davis was on your radar. Didn't think Arthur Brown and Terence Garvin signings would prevent adding a talent like that deep in the second.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Voting S Josh Jones all day...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

What changed for you with Jones?

And how do you feel about King?

19. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Trips to Europe are forgivable. Now what did you bring back for us?

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    More film since my post on him.

21. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think King is a better fit than Jones. I like both though. Really love Shaheen too, but I think the DB need is too great to ignore.

My vote is for Desmond King, DB, Iowa.

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    How do you figure, Jones plays both S spots has ball skills and is a hitter. I was a guy that liked King but since I have read up on Jones to me it is a no brainer. IMO King is more like Davis and Jones is a mixture with 4.4 speed. JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    NC State safety Josh Jones gets my vote.

24. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Officially voting for D. King.

His ball skills are just too hard to ignore. (not that jones doesn't have any)

I feel Jones is actually more like SS than a FS. Looking more to get the big hit (M. Mitchel) than actually playing the pass.

25. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The other Florida cb gets my vote
    Quincy wilson.....
    Kid's gonna be better than tabor

• Like Like x 1