1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

here we have it

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 27, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I'll believe it when I see it.

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The Ravens built a team to beat the Steelers and they became serious contenders and successful. What's wrong with building a team to beat the patsies? It may prove to be very successful and vital for us winning another championship before Ben retires. (Side note) we should be earnestly looking for the qb of the future as well..asap...for ex: we win a another championship this upcoming season...Ben is gone! Ala "The Bus"

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We don't have the coaching staff to beat the Patriots.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will disagree on this point. we all know that we don't have the players to beat the patriots. defensively we cant match up. players play and coaches coach. everyone was pissed cause we played zone and not man. while I would have like to seen them at least try it. they would have hung 70 on this secondary.

you have a head coach who has never had a losing season and won a championship. I am willing to give him time to see if they are truly gonna change this defense. this draft is huge for the future but to say that given the players to match up with them that this staff cant win? I wont say that

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I would actually agree with this.

However, I would add that 31 teams in the league don't have the coaching staff to beat the Patriots.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    We cannot out coach the Patriots.

We have to learn to outplay the Patriots.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    In week 10 the seahawks beat Brady in fox borough, he had zero TDs and an interception in that loss, Wilson threw 3 TDs against them, maybe our coaching staff needs to watch that game film and learn something from Pete Carrol....

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And to out play them we have to be able to play man and zone...Our DB'S are not good enough we need to upgrade at least 3 spots or they will beat us from now on or at least until Bill and Brady are gone..

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    can lake teach it? lake came through our system and has coached in our system. besides roughly two years at ucla. all he's known is zone coverage as the staple of our defense as a player and a coach. another thing is, OK it's noble to talk about not changing your ways but it's a little crazy to think you don't have to build to beat a team that has owned you too. the door is closing quickly and i'm not sure we have enough even with the draft to get over the hump. they will only be rookies this year and we know there is growing pains. maybe we load up more on offense and just try to outscore them. :shrug::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trade Belichick/Brady for Tomlin/Ben then the Steelers win 9+ out of 10 times.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think that is our approach to load up and outscore them..The problem is we are poor at clock management ..We have problems scoring TD'S in the red zone...We also turn the ball over more than they do when we play them ...The Pats have the ability to spread us out and go fast paced , go deep, go short, or run from the same groupings we have very little chance to out score them IMO...

We need to sign Revis IMO and draft another CB in round #1, if the draft falls right trade a couple of future picks and draft 2 DB'S in round #1 ...I think we have 1 season left with Ben after that it will be rebuild anyway might as well start the rebuild on the Defensive side in a draft that has very good DB'S...

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Just because a team is inferior to another due to one variable does not mean they can exploit something else.

Every team has a weakness; big or small being irrelevant.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yes that has been our problem on offense and thats what i'm saying. get rid of guys like DHB and hamilton and put in some more threats in the passing game and another threat in the run game to go along with bell. quit hoping green may play some day and get a legit pass catching field stretching TE. we need more than AB and bell to be legit threats. bryant will help but maybe we add a couple more that always keeps them off guard. thats not saying we couldn't add to the defensive side too. :cool:

15. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    The patriots prove it year after year. It's not the players, it's the coaching. They can win with rookies and plug in guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I still think DHB has big play threat if the OC would design plays to get him the ball either on quick screens or deep balls, he is not a great crisp route runner with great hands , but he could still be used as a weapon...The spot I think needs to be looked at just like you said is the TE position...I think a true threat at that position that can block and run routes would be huge..Maybe spend next years #1 and go get Howard ? That would be a bold move , but would for sure give another great weapon and the TE would be a good security blanket for the QB after Ben is gone...

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we have had DHB for quite a while now and it just isn't working so it's time to give that roster spot up for something else. we have to quit living on potential on paper and find what does work for us. :cool:

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fair enough and if we can upgrade the spot then upgrade the spot ...DHB does do a lot on ST'S and is a very good blocker , but if we can get a better route runner with better hands and Ben will use him then that would be a good move....DHB does have a problem staying healthy as well...

19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    There, fixed it for you. ;)

20. Josh

Josh Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    You also have a head coach who has a losing record against teams with losing records..... we absolutely do not have the coaching to beat New England.... our roster as a whole has twice the talent, doesn't mean anything if they're not in a the right gameplan

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    so you think that our secondary and d line is better than theirs?

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They actually have a very good roster, not because they have a lot of stars, but because they have no real weaknesses. They have solid starters and backups at literally every position.

23. Josh

Josh Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    So they have more talent because they have a better secondary? I like our d line better than theirs, I like our LBs better, our o line, our WRs, our rbs also..... we have a bad secondary and bad coaching ... to say otherwise is blindness...... lol mike Tomlin has never had a losing season oooooooo big deal... mike Tomlin has ALWAYS had a franchise qb, always plays the browns twice a year, and has made so many idiotic decisions that it's not even surprising anymore.... tell me what bill bilichek would have done with the teams that Tomlin had

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    So belichek hasn't had Brady and he hasn't played the bills and dolphins 2 times a year?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Ooh, that's a very good point. :popcorn:

Wow, good counter. :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1