1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    :nono::nono::nono:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I knew that was going to draw a dislike from NY! :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I just balanced it out for ya

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, lets call it. Watt is the pick.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While my wording I guess wasn't the best, as I was just commenting I do not see anyone overtaking Watt in the voting was more of a general statement, not influencing my decision.

I do think OLB is the biggest need (with CB next). At this point I do not know enough about the DBs available to warrant selecting one of them over filling the biggest need at OLB. From my current knowledge Watt seemed to be one of the better options available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Voted for Cunningham but I have no problem with this pick. I think either one would be a safe selection

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Me too, as much as I like Cunningham we couldn't go wrong with a bunch of guys there. I also like the kid form OSU Conley and Jackson who got some votes. Watt fills a major need on this team but like I said OLB is super deep. No matter who our pick was we were getting a playmaker and that is what counts.:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Between Cunningham and Watt I don't know who I would have selected.

I think Watt has alot more upside and is a legit 1st round pick. I think Cunningham is solid but I have him well into the 2nd round.

I do see both as ILBs in a 3-4. I think Watt may be more capable than Cunningham for some OLB work but long term I don't see either of them making a living on the outside.

For what we actually needed, playing alongside Shazier, I think Cunningham is the better fit. He is a tackle machine, always attacking the ball carrier and rarely out of position. As I mentioned before, he is a good player but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade over Vince Williams he would be.

Watt is an exciting player to watch. He is a pretty good athlete but not excellent. His high motor is probably his strength. I'm not sure I buy the Clay Matthews comparisons though. He's got alot of upside though. Could start inside right away and maybe someday could play on the outside.

We will see what comes of Adoree Jackson :hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So I was playing around on the fanspeak mock draft site, and at #30 I selected Obi over TJ. As the 2nd round was chugging along, TJ was not going so I traded our 3rd round comp pick to move up and get him. Then I got Sidney Jones with our non-comp 3rd. How great would that be?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Obi-TJ-Jones, yeah I think that would work out nicely.

I can't possibly see how Obi is there at #30 though. There are going to be some teams fall in love with him. It's too bad because I am falling head over heels for him myself.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    @NY STEELERFAN I was all set to grab Ramczyk for the 9ers, good pick.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks, before I(denver) traded out of the 20th pick I wanted one of the OT's and with so much talent left I gambled and hoped one of them would be there in the 2nd.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Good gamble, their o-line needs work all over. G Dan Feeney would have worked too imo if Ramczyk was gone.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah guard isn't as big of a need at OT, they signed Leary and have Garcia as starters plus spent a pick on Mcgovern. They need OT bad and they need to replace Trevathan. Guard imo wasn't a top need.:smiley1:

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    yep forgot all about the Leary signing...nice pick up for them

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Believe it or not I actually try to put myself in these other teams shoes....lol!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice pick by B&G for White.

I was actually going to start a thread to get peoples feelings on him for our real draft. Has to pack some weight on and be more physical but he has cover skills.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like White but I will say this right now there are still a ton of good CB's out there, Morneau, Tankersley, Tabor, Lewis, Conley, Jackson, King and Wilson. I want the Steelers to trade up, lol

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Not a fan of Quincy Wilson at all. Just no tackling skills or physicalness which is what the Steelers used to look for. Whether it is now or not who knows.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah i understand, I read a thing where people said he was the top guy coming into the year but had a rough year to knock him down.....

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Tabor, both Kings, Conely (seen him mocked to us even), like all them.

• Like Like x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I think I read where Tabor had off field issues

24. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Thanks...... with the saints pass defense such that it is, I couldn't help the urge to double dip at the position....... being able to trade up and get Lattimore, and still having white available at 32 was more than I could've hoped for

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Thought I might as well start throwing some names out as the Steelers pick will be coming up.

We took our OLB in Round 1 (or as I see it an ILB ;)), so I think most would agree a DB would probably be the way to go, but a couple guys on offense worth a look too:

CB Fabian Moreau, UCLA
    CB Quincy Wilson, Florida
    S Desmond King, Iowa
    S Josh Jones, NC State
    TE Adam Shaheen, Ashland
    WR Connor Kupp, Eastern Washington