1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Days

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Mar 10, 2017.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Kevin Colbert and Todd Haley at Pitt's pro day. A couple guys there to look at..

TE coach at Ashland's pro day to see TE Adam Shaheen.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we sent somebody to obi's pro day. it didn't say who. plus he's coming for a visit. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just a note on an earlier post, BTSC said QB coach Fichtner was at UNC's pro day to look at Trubisky. Colbert there as well

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    If we take a 1st round QB.. :tequila: :puking2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree. As I said in another thread, we should be all-in on getting another ring in the next couple of years. To me the selection of a 1st round "QB of the future" instead of a guy who can help us in 2017 and 2018 tells me one of two things:

1. That we don't think we can get over the hump and win before Ben retires, so we may as well just focus on the long-term and abandon the near-term championship drive; or

2. (Gulp...gasp...) that Ben is retiring now and hasn't gone public with it to keep from harming the team's chance to get a QB.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't see one at 30 but i think the realization that bens days are numbered may make them be looking hard. there is still value and very good players after round one on defense in this draft. there are also not a lot of "the guy-must have" types that say we can't wait. i don't think if they use that pick in the first on a qb if they choose to that we are abandoning helping the defense with a 2nd and two 3rds like we have. there are still very good players in that range in this draft. :cool:

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with Elvis. just think we need to make a stab at another ring now. Gotta go all in. Bens days are unfortunately apparently limited. Really hoped we had 4-5 more years in him.

I think we all know we are going to regress a little bit when he does decide to retire. We need to strike now while he is still at a high level.

I still would like to know what we could do in the playoffs with a healthy Ben, AB, Bryant, Bell and OL. I just don't think many defenses are up to that task of stopping that.

I want one year to see if they can get it done while our defense gains more experience and continues to improve.

In saying that, when it does come to our turn to pick a new QB of the future, I am all in for taking a 1st round guy. My target is 2019 or 2020.

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I could see Colbert and others down in NC to scout Trubisky because he may be going to the Browns and they just want some first hand knowledge. If they know Ben is returning and Trubisky is on the board at 30 (I doubt it), they also may be gaining intel if a trade offer is made for another team to take him. They could better judge if they want to make the deal or pick him themselves if they don't see the value for a defensive player at that point. Seems more due diligence than intent to me.

I think 2019 or 2020 is too late. They better get a top prospect next year and I can see them grabbing a mid rounder this year as much as I don't want them to.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Joey Porter had Missouri's pro day for Charles Harris.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Tomlin at Ohio State's pro day

McMillan is a good looking prospect for round 2 imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Update says he tore his pectoral muscle. Had surgery and recovery time is 4-6 months

• Like Like x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i hope not. many better players at two. he could have and should have done more at OSU. never saw the hype transfer from this kid. same as reddick. should have had more field production for them to go this high. both would have to be far better pros than they played in college to make it worth that high of a pick for me. :cool:

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'll take your word on that one, you've seen way more OSU games than I have. I saw him make a lot of plays while watching Gareon Conley. I haven't seen too many game breakdowns on DBD.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Todd Haley at Notre Dames pro day to see DeShone Kizer

All teams represented at Utah's pro day. No word on which Steeler coach/scout was present.

FS Marcus Williams baby:clapping:

DE/OLB Hunter Dimick had 38 reps on the bench (wow) and an unofficial 4.69 in the 40.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Georgia OT Tyler Catalina met with the Steelers after his pro day

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    dimmicks time was outstanding. thats a guy i'd like to have here. just a good football player. kind of like matakevich to me. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Steelers at Michigan pro day. Wormley had dinner with Colbert the night before. Taco Charlton and Peppers were also showcased. Telemundo covered all the action...

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Interesting. I have yet to watch any tape of Wormley, but he's a guy who always stood out to me as a playmaker when I watched Michigan games.

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    D Line doesn't seem a huge need for us with the Tyson A. signing and LT Walton progressing nicely. Especially with where we would have to get him in that 2-3 round range. I'd rather go another position with those picks, but hey, it never hurts to meet with the kid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree 100%. Maybe KC said I'll take you out for a nice dinner if you tell me all about Jabrill.

21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There is a lot of buzz flying around this kid, what is your thoughts? Everything I have read is he is super steady and a solid producer, haven't watched him yet.

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Williams is becoming one of my favorite guys and Dimick is a beast.

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Conley or McMillan?

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Conley

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I've only watched about one and a half games on him. So no real opinion yet. Seems like I always get to the Buckeye players last when watching games, etc.

• Like Like x 1