1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2017 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    OK just to get this up to date on the basic rules of this. ANYONE can vote no matter if your in on the mock or not. ONE vote per person. We generally open voting within 2-3 or so picks before the Steelers. If the person you vote for gets taken before the Steelers pick...you CAN change your pick to someone available. The player with the most votes wins. Also as with previous years...no trades will be allowed involving the Steelers.
    Thats pretty much it...its simple!

2. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    STEELERS SELECTIONS:

1) T.J. Watt, LB, Wisconsin
    2) Josh Jones, S, NC State
    3) Jordan Lewis, CB, Michigan
    3) Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    9 picks till us when do we start throwing names out there? I will be honest there are a few guys sitting there right now that I am pretty sure won't last to us but would really be awesome if they did. Blast You took McCaffrey cause you didn't want me to throw him out for our Steelers.....lol

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I'm about to update my Word document prospect list and delete guys already taken so I can start thinking about my vote

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Start thinking up names but generally we only start voting with 3 picks or so to go.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

:lolol:

I honestly didnt think of it but good! Serves you right, took Adams and cost me Fournette, ya trade happy GM.

I like McCaffrey, Im actually quite happy with the pick, I like Fournette more, think he is going to be a beast.

I just dont like McCaffrey to the Steelers. People can dream all they want but Bell isnt having his snaps reduced.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Ha ha , well this all started with someone taking Watson from me(Jets) and then the Jets next 2 picks as well, lol. the Jets were going to take Fournette but with them being so far away they couldn't pass on Adams. And if you think I am trade happy here man you should play fantasy football and baseball with me..........

As McCaffrey goes I love him for us and I with why I want him wouldn't take any snaps away from Bell. I would love both of these guys of the field at the same time, either one of them split out ant the other in the backfield. AB and Bryant on the outside and (fingers crossed) Green in the middle.....how do you defend that???? Heck Ben could take 2 days of practice off a week and still throw 3 td's a game playing with one foot out the door...........sorry could not resist!!!!! :rawk::hehehe::roflmao::facepalm:

8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Just thought I'd throw a list of options out there to get people thinking and create some discussion before actually voting:

CB Garreon Conley, Ohio St
    CB Teez Tabor, Florida
    CB Adoree Jackson, USC
    LB Takk McKinley, UCLA
    LB Tim Williams, Alabama
    LB TJ Watt, Wisconsin
    OT Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
    TE David Njoku, Miami
    WR John Ross, Washington

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Takk!

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

This is a nice list but Tabor and Williams have off the field issues, I have been reading Conley is an under the radar guy very solid. A few other names to mention I Dalvin Cook RB FSU and my favorite Zach Cunningham. Cunningham imo plays a lot like Shazier and could to imagine what kind of options we would have with them two on the inside? Zack in his career had 40 tackles for loss...40. I know so many here are high on Takk but Cunningham would be a monster for us:

11. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    We definitely need an OLB.
    My list for remaining available would go
    Lawson
    Watt
    Cunningham
    McKinley

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We're not taking a RB in the first! You're boy is gone and still pushing a RB :lolol:

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Ha ha ha...yeah I know but you have to consider Cook, we may not want to take a RB in the 1st but with his skill set and talent he has to be at least considered. :thumbs_up:

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes we need an OLB but just because we need one don't mean we have to draft one in the first. This draft is super deep lots of talent in the next few rounds at OLB, the thing with Cunningham is some say he is an ILB some say he is an OLB. To me that fits our system so well, as we bounce from the 3-4 to the 4-3. Watch that clip I just posted and he reads and reacts like second nature, that is stuff you can't teach. I am not a Takk fan, but I like Watts and Lawson too.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    A couple picks to go.... its down to Takk, Lawson, Watt, and Cunningham for me. Lack of an OLB in FA puts need and value strongly in play here for an OLB. I know Cunningham is an inside guy but that would be tough to pass depending on who goes before us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Well I'm going to put my vote down.

LB Takk McKinley

EDIT: Woops just noticed Centralpa broke our hearts. Haha.

Disregard thi vote. Will have to re evaluate.

17. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I made sure I did not look into the Steelers voting prior to making my pick, especially since Cowboys and Steelers have similar needs!

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    :butcher:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The more I read about the outside backers considered "borderline first round", the more it is clear that there are only two good choices remaining for the first round: Cunningham or Njoku.

I vote for Cunningham, ILB, Vandy

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You are my new best friend thanks for taking Takk, I am not sure I would be able to sleep at night if he was our pick.....:roflmao:

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The way I feel is there are some real good OLB's in the 2nd and 3rd maybe even the 4th to choose from and the fact that the ILB class isn't so deep and here sits a good prospect makes me really like Cunningham. Also the fact that some say he is both inside and outside really appeals to me as well

22. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    My problem with Cunningham is I don't think he has any special attributes. I think he is a rock solid inside backer. He screams 2nd round to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Dalvin C... oh wait, I'm not NY STEELERFAN... never mind :lolol:

TJ Watt, until the %^*# Packers pick him at 29...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    One other thing - anyone thinking Njoku (sp), go and watch a full game of him. His receiving highlights look great, but his blocking is downright comical. I've seen 180 lb. WRs do better consistently. He may be the worst blocking TE I've ever seen.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    He had 40 tackles for a loss in his career the kid can read the play, also he is fast. Imo this is the kind of player we are looking to play in our hybrid system. I also don't believe in the he sounds like a 2nd rounder stuff cause if he can play he can play don't matter what round we get him. This guy won't be there in the 2nd when we pick and in real life probably won't be at our pick in the first round. Did you watch the clip I posted on him?