1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kirkpatrick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Prince has been a huge disappointment. I wouldn't go after him.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    My problem with it is just that. Golson is already a health question mark, dont need two corners that may combine to play 4 games.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My goodness. That is quite an investment.

Today's showing at the combine will not damage his chances.. but some GM's will feel compelled to nab the cheaper option.

4. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Would be a great addition to this secondary, but no way we can pay him what he will command. Tenn def could lead though.

5. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    NOPE.

i really hope the Steelers front office is being smarter about this than most Steeler fans are.

the problem is not the secondary. its the complete lack of a consistent pass rush. how many dbs in the league can cover their man for 5 to 6 seconds all day long? probably not many. the wrs have the advantage always. after about 3 seconds the db is usually out of position. until they find some pass rushers that can cause the qbs to be uncomfortable we are gonna continue to see the secondary struggle. they dont need to be sack machines. they just need guys that force the qb to move off his spot and help throw off the timing.

just look at the AFCCG. Brady had all day to sit there and find open guys. the secondary had no chance. i dont care whos out there at db. you give an NFL qb a clean pocket and all day to throw hes gonna pick apart the secondary.

FIX THE PASS RUSH

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Only problem is that it's the toughest position to find in FA because guys are usually massively overpaid at the position. You have to draft great pass rushers. It's really hard to find them in FA unless you got the brinks truck available in cap space.

On the surface our pass rush should be better than it is (although key injuries hurt us in this department this past season). Dupree made a jump forward in the short season he played. We need that to continue. Heyward was a big loss, because both him and Tuitt can get after the QB some too. I think gravedigger will help even more in that regard this season. Harrison is still defying logic at his age and Shazier is a very good blitzer.

We should draft a guy early to play OLB, then find another mid round guy to help spell Tuitt/Heyward/gravedigger who has some pass rush ability. I'd prefer to address ILB/CB via FA signing. Maybe a WR if the right guy is available.

8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Reading the Steelers are out on Kirkpatrick. Weren't paying him over 10+ a year. Ryan is better in the slot and that's he bigger area of need.