1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Combine Talk

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Mar 3, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a guy nobody is talking about is the duel threat curtis samuel. two for one speedster actually 3 for one, returner too. wr, backup RB, return man. he could bring a lot of mismatches to our offense. :shrug::cool:

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I seem to remember the same thing which is why I was mildly surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually was thinking about him but we would probably have to take him before our 3rd being so late and I don't see him as a 2nd for us.....

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    WR is deeeeeeeeep! Carlos Henderson is interesting comp. 3rd or later....Not feeling Cunningham at all....very thin. What separates Reddick from those guys is his versatility and he is more athletic and explosive and his DB background is a big plus for us.....
    So far my semi realistic list I wouldn't mind at 30...
    Howard/Njoku
    Corey Davis
    Mccaffrey
    Sidney Jones
    Reddick
    Peppers
    Harris

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hmmm... Derek Rivers seems to have made money from what I read thus far.

Easily can be in play at 30, Jordan Willis the same.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Apparently Peppers is the talk of the town at the combine. Numerous GMs in love with this kid.

People here who don't want him at 30 should be pleased, he won't make it that far.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    After viewing the 3 Rivers games on Draft Breakdown, I'm not seeing a first round grade. Maybe not even a Day 2 grade. Watch those games, and consider that he's working against FCS right tackles. It's just not impressive IMO.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Bummer, because I'm really falling for the player. He's got the "IT" factor when he's on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I went and looked at the rosters to see if I could get some memory and I see Davis and Kpassagnon were on the other side of the ball and I remember both had good games so I think we were right with Moton having a bad game there.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will say this I listen to a lot of draft coverage and I have not heard one bad thing about Cunningham. As far as Reddick goes I like him as well, something in the water down at Temple with LB's huh? I really like your list any one of them guys would be great for us but if I had my choice it would be McCaffrey or Jones. jmo

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Kinda funny not to long ago both Willis and Rivers were not even 3rd round consideration, look what 2 months have done for them. I like both of them but not at 30.....at least right now. lol

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Peppers and Ross both made some money as did some TE's, guys are going to be pushed down to us.........

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Perhaps. Even so, I do see him being a top 50 pick for someone. Indy maybe if Jordan Willis is not on their boards. If not... he can easily be a day two selection for me.

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I hears SJ had a rough combine....not that it's the be all end all hopefully just a bad day...it happens...but too good a day and he wouldn't be a option anyway. We seem to and rightfully so put our emphasis on game film and not the underwear olympics. It is a good guideline though for explosiveness and athleticism but we've seen plenty of workout warriors that couldn't play in the league....

• Like Like x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

Sidney Jones had a rough day?

Interesting. I thought he had himself quite the good one, as did NFL Network and ESPN; the former's Mike Mayock stated so much so that Sidney Jones may be the best corner in the draft.

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I didn't actually see for myself but was reading some comments over at SD and they were saying he wasn't looking good in the drills....but if you say Mayock and others were saying otherwise then cool ....I'm gonna see if I can do some digging...

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well that didn't take long...glad to hear but probably out of our reach now for sure. Just caught some NFL network coverage and a couple guys were asked who they thought helped themselves th most in the combine and Mccaffrey and Reddick got the nod....2 guys on my radar for us..

18. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The more guys who move up and out of our range, the more guys out of our range are pushed down into our range. Ask DeCastro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Guys like Carraway would worry me, he looked small at 243 lbs. Can he hold up against the run?

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers better come away from this draft with a CB and a safety.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Tell Alex Koroza that on SteelersDepot. He now believes Obi will not be there by 30.

22. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    So, the question is, if Obi is pushed up to say, 25, who drops? I see all of these DBs who all of a sudden are 1st round material. Three running backs going in the top 20. Three WRs, now that Ross has cemented it. We know Foster is falling, but how far? These are all questions we really won't know until the combine. But someone will fall to us. They always do.

23. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I love it. After the combine, every year, there are suddenly about 80 guys who are "in that first round conversation".

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The 40 times always get people fired up but Dri Archer ran a 4.26 so we'll see ....

25. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think Teez Tabor might be dropping. His numbers were bad, and he didn't move very well at all. I saw him run a 4.67 forty. Not sure on the second. Only jumped 31" in the vert. And 10' even in the broad. I can't remember a cb with numbers like this that got drafted in rd 1. Maybe even rd 2. He lost a lot of money today.

• Agree Agree x 1