1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our coaches and defense had no damn clue......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerFanInKC, Jan 24, 2017.

1. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    As reported by pro Football Weekly with interviews of Mike Mitchell and Bud Dupree here is what the key takeaway from each said and this is unbelievable!!!!!!!

Mike Mitchell, on the NE flea-flicker that went for a TD. "we hadn't seen them run that play all year"! By the way, NE ran that very SAME play against Baltimore like five or six weeks earlier!!!!

Bud Dupree, on the fact that NE went no huddle/hurry up. "we were surprised that they would go no huddle or hurry up"!!!!!!

OMG....this is just in-freaking believable to read!! I guess we have crap for a head coach and crap for a DC and our OC isn't worth much either!!

How's that make you feel Steeler Fans? Probably not surprised, huh!!

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Actually that's not what either of them said. Try again.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fake news, all the rage.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Crazy because the Patriots always run a trick play on us and I could tell they weren't ready for no huddle. Got a 3 and out and then they went to no huddle and couldn't get a stop and look gassed. Crazy how quick they make adjustments and we can go a whole game getting burned and do nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Obviously we are not watching film

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So help us, what did they actually say?

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

remember kids google is your friend

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We were supposed to be the physical ones but yet looked soft.

When opposing scrubs are just sitting in a blank field waiting for the ball 2-3 seconds uncontested, yea you're doing something wrong

10. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Coaching? You do understand scheme right? Mitchell was in a cover three and had deep middle responsibility. His coach told him to play deep middle this is what the scheme calls for and he bit on the Run how is that a coaching flaw? That is an execution flaw.

I guess you missed all the Steeler reporters reporting that the Steelers worked on hurry up and no huddle during the week so that negates what bud Dupree stated. The difference is the defensive coordinator sends in the defensive call Tom Brady looks at the Shell of the scheme but he is cerebral so if he sees cover-3 he will hot route to a cover 3 beater. If he sees cover two he will hot route to a cover two beater this is the difference between Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger the ability to look at a Shell defense and beat that defense with your mind

BEN CANT DO THAT. THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ELITE AND GOOD.

You guys look for the convenient excuse in blaming the coaches sorry I blame the guy that has a career playoff statistics of 25 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. I Guess That's Mike Tomlin Keith Butler and Todd Haley's fault right?

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The flea flicker I can understand, trick plays get you caught with your pants down lots of times. But, it's New England you know they like to run the occasional trick play, especially in a big game.

I seen better prepared 16 year old virgins, ready to make love, than the Steelers defense seemed to be for the no huddle.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Some of you guys really need a checkup from the neck up. The narrative that Mike Tomlin is not a good coach is a ludicrous one. Mike, is in his tenth year of coaching. DONT YOU THINK ONE PLAYER WOULD HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS INCOMPETENCE IN TEN YEARS????? Why would Dick LeBeau Mike Munchak and Todd Haley work for someone so incompetent. Please explain
    Do you guys actually think out your thoughts? My gosh

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Are you seriously blaming this loss solely on Ben Roethlisberger?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Ben Roethlisberger played like crap and if you don't believe he did then you are blind. We pay him a hundred million dollars do you think he played like the other team's quarterback? How come our quarterback can't check out of called plays by the offense of coordinator? How come our quarterback doesn't look like the other quarterback? Our quarterback has 25 touchdowns and 23 interceptions in his playoff career do you actually think that is good? Please explain

15. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
    All I know is that there is always an excuse for the player Ben Roethlisberger. Poor offensive line Bruce Arians Todd Haley injuries there's always an excuse for the guy. Always

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I wouldn't know where to begin.

17. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Soft zone and no pass rush against that surgeon and you get what you get. Total embarrassment at the feet of the ill prepaired Tomlin. As well as Butler.

How many times have we seen the same reel? Ummmm we had a good game plan but didn't execute...So, the WHOLE DEFENSE didn't execute :lolol:

Ummmm maybe it was the game plan...the game plan...Fail

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Also, my eye sight is pretty good and I don't suffer from confirmation bias, which can really make it hard for some people to see things I'm told.

20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    yea, don't even try, it's not worth it.

21. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Bill Belichick played Zone against Roethlisberger all game is well. How come our franchise quarterback didn't do to the Zone what the guy on the other side did to our Zone? Roethlisberger has maurkice Pouncey David decastro Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell on the offensive side who does Tom Brady have? My question to you is you blame our defense and our coaches. How come are high-profile offense with a hundred-million-dollar quarterback didn't move the ball down the field like Tom Brady did. Despite Tom Brady having lesser stars? Please explain

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

23. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017
    We didn't execute a prime example of that bad execution was the flea-flicker touchdown in a cover 3 Mitchell has deep middle responsibility he has no business biting on the run that is not a coaching fly that is a player not executing the play.

24. Scalaid6

Scalaid6 Member

Jan 25, 2017

Laughter substitutes for lack of substance or lack of reply or refutation. I get it. Are you telling me Landry Jones didn't play better against the Patriots then Roethlisberger? What Ben Roethlisberger does is come on late in the fourth quarter so it doesn't look like he was a non-participant. He's an expert at this

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Just realized what was going on. Not feeding the trolls this morning.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1