1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFCCG complaint thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 22, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    And ben wasn't? Ben had time and also Ben did what he does better then any other QB make more time in the pocket. This isn't a Ben vs Brady thing this is a Ben played good enough for us to win thing which I feel isn't right.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Disagree with you here, Ben wasn't the problem and even if you want to say he was, its way down on the list of reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I can't even think about something like that, not saying it is right or wrong just to soon for me to give an opinion. I love Ben but he is getting close to the end.......

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    No no no that is not what I am saying. JAD said Ben played well enough for us to win I disagree. This isn't me saying Ben is the problem, I think we know playing zone was the problem.

5. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Or the receiver's face

6. StlrWalt

StlrWalt New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    It was over when the Steelers failed to score a TD at the end of the first half. Oddly I commented to my son that I'd rather have 3 chances from the six inch line so that they could burn the clock. Bad idea.

That said, down 17-9 at half and getting the ball first in the 2nd half was not insurmountable at all.

The zone defense simply does not work against Brady. I can't stand the guy but he is VERY good at shredding zones. Credit due.

I thought the Pats got away with several 'face guards' that should have been pass interference. As noted by others, that wasn't the largest determining factor at all.

7. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm always confused about this. Face guarding isn't a penalty in the NFL. What do you mean by this?

8. StlrWalt

StlrWalt New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    True, but then the defender can't touch the receiver. Poorly worded on my part.

Again, only a minor point. Wasn't a difference maker.

9. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    A single thing is not a difference maker. However, dozens of minor circumstances like a little penalty not called or a Brady fumble not called will add up at the end of the game.

10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Did you forget about the pass that hit Coby in the chest for a touchdown then dropped it. Did you forget that touchdown that Coby caught but was called but was overturned because he ran out of bounds first. Again and for the last time, Ben was not the reason we lost and he played well enough to win. He was also named digest player of the week, which dosent mean anything other than they think he waa the best player out there for the Steelers.

Ben didnt get any help from his receivers and Bradys guys didnt miss or drop a pass. Defense stunk and our coaches and game plan stunk, our second receivers stunk, and you say Ben was the problem. :facepalm:

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Butler and Tomlin are stubborn, how many times do the Steelers have to get blown out by New England playing a ineffective zone defense?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't understand why the Steelers don't use Jesse James in the redzone more often, he's 6'7. I like the chances of James making a play instead of throwing a fade to Cobi Hamilton.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I've been watching nearly every second of every game since the late 70's if I could get it on my TV. Other times, I would tune into the radio or internet if possible.

Last night I was so disgusted, I didn't even watch the entire 4th qtr. We had a bunch of people over and they all kept watching it while I refuse to even go back to the game. I had literally seen enough of the horrible play calling that I just wanted the game to end.

I have never felt that way before.

I wanted so bad to just smash that team in the mouth and all I was seeing is the exact way we always lose to them. It will be a long time til I get over that game.

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Kevin LeButler?

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Again for the 100th time I am by no means saying Ben was the reason we lost.......no way! You are right he didn't get help from the WR's especially Hamilton who did also have 2 big drops. All I am saying is Ben didn't play well enough to win, he was off on a lot of passes. He has been off on a lot of passes during our 9 game win streak. They showed the 7 completions to AB last night on NFL channel and probably at lest half were picture perfect. They also show passes that WR's had to pull in from below their knees, reach for from behind and jump way high.

Did Ben have a good game yeah maybe just a good game but he didn't do enough to win a game in the AFCCG, was this loss on Ben heck no. Now with that said he didn't get a ton of help from the WR's and really AB was pretty much a ghost. I heard yesterday AB was on the sideline poutting cause he was open in the endzone and Ben didn't see him. Ben had to go over and talk to him which that time should have been used working with Haley. So yeah Ben didn't get help but Ben is an elite QB, at least in my eyes and elite players play elite in these big games especially with all the experience he has. JMO Again the loss in not on Ben

As for the player of the week, well I think we all know what we can do with that. Who on this team this week deserved it....nobody on defense.....not Boswell......not any WR........maybe someone on the oline cause I thought they protected Ben good enough. Ben is the obvious choice pretty much by default. I am not trying to argue with you I think we have been thru enough this weekend I am just saying Ben did not play good enough for us to beat the Cheats. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    93.7 is reporting Ben will "evaluate his future in the offseason" Guess the end is closer then some of us thought huh?

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

For all you Tomlin lovers you have to WONDER? MY GOD PEOPLE WAKE UP.