1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFCCG complaint thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 22, 2017.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And if you do rush three and play zone you are wasting Harrison because he isn't the fast lb to begin with. Still not sure what they were doing with personnel and half the time they looked lost in the secondary.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Games like this make me question if games are scripted like WWE matches. Just the most head scratching nonsensical stuff I have ever watched. The refs weren't even on my list of top three problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Never seen so many open wide receivers. Gay looks old and slow. Even Tomlin made a comment that our DB's were giving their receivers too much room and not enough of tight coverage. We are all in agreement now and need to change how we cover people.

Burns had a bad game tonight hope he learned how not to play DB. Davis had a bad tackling night.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    A little home cooking on the refs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You know this game made me appreciate the era of Lloyd, Greene, and Porter... Because those days are not coming back.

This defense has lost its edge, and nastiness.

I don't see our defense being any better next year,

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The line will be better possibly the edge pressure but they needed a mad scientist today and got the old student of a grand master.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This could easily be the lowest viewed Superbowl in NFL history!!!! Patriots yawn,yawn!!!! If I find the time to watch I will be pulling for the Falcons!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    IMG_0080.JPG The thing that pissed me off the most is that I couldn't gloat with this pic had we won it all

9. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    A press zone scheme would have been fine

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's extremely disheartening that we didn't at least make this a competitive game. This was another great big egg laid by Tomlin, Ben, AB, the D, Haley, Butler, etc! PATHETIC OVERALL EFFORT!!! We gave the Pats a better game with Landry Jones at quarterback for crying out loud!

The Pats were not a more talented team, but they were a better prepared team and, perhaps most importantly, a much smarter team.

Tomlin's teams ride the ebbs and flows of emotion. Belichick's teams are well prepared, smart and know your weaknesses better than you know them!

Just extremely disappointed that Tomlin has missed another opportunity with Ben and the talent on this team. Ben will be older, slower and even more susceptible to injury next season. The window is closing fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree Jack with all except Ben played good enough to win. I think there were two dropped touchdown passes. His interception was a pass to Bey who didn't even turn around. We are not very sharp passing to our second receivers, because I think we got away from that when we became Bell's show. I knew at some point we were going to need to get our other receivers involved more in order to go farther and possibly super bowl. Not sure Pats are more talented but they are better prepared and smart and know how to attack weakness. Personally I think we used Bell too much all season and because of that we didn't grow enough with our second receivers like the Pats did.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know I'm down on this defense...

We run an antiquated 3-4, and going by that I can't even say our DLine is as good as ones from years past. Timmons will be a year older, Harrison is done, and it will be impossible to replace.

Our zone d will never stop great QB's only average ones.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bell was not making any progress before he got injured!!!!

14. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I've been saying all season that Mitchell and OLB has been our problem. The pats went right after Mitchell and made our pass rush non existent.

I was also surprised to see Gilbert getting destroyed all game. I thought Gay had his worst game all season as well. Fine time to not show up. I wonder how much the flu impacted our team. I couldn't imagine doing anything when you have the flu. There's no manning up when you have the flu.

15. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Exactly. Winner.

16. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Also I can't help being upset with LevBell and they was he is used.

Upset because yet again he wasn't there to help us, not his fault but just very frustrating. RB lifespans aren't that long not sure how much money we should sink into him.

Also I hate the fact that the Steelers became enamoured with running LevBell on mainly shot gun draws. It's an easy tell for a defense, and doesn't help our WR with playaction.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Except that it wasn't Ben who was Brady's *****, it was Butler playing into Brady's hands with an ultra conservative game plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not so sure about Ben playin well and if you go back and look when the heck did Ben play well? The 4th quarter of the Raven game and the 1st quarter of the Dolphin game. Last night Ben was yet again off on his passes, he threw low, high and short. He did not even hit his WR's in stride, did he have some good throw sure he did but they weren't enough to make a difference. I love Ben he is what he is there isn't many QB's like him when it comes to getting away from the rush. He is a HOF QB and has been a great QB for us but that don't change the fact that thru his career he has not thrown a great ball and this year more then ever it showed.

Also to Ben's defense he has been playing without our star FA TE most of the year our #2 WR and deep threat due to suspension and our #3 & 4 WR for most of the year due to injury. Which brings me to our #4 WR..... Coates sucks! Ben threw a very good if not perfect pass to him and again he dropped it. Why was Ayers not active for a game many thought was going to be a shoot out?? SMFH!!!!

Again I am not a Ben hater but I am calling it the way I see it! This loss don't fall on Ben this loss falls on the coaching staff. I think we have all beat the 3 man rush/zone D to death, but the play call on offense sucked. When we are dumping off to NIX and Johnson you know there is a problem, they are not playmakers. JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If that's true then how did the Steelers win 9 games in a row? The difference in the game was Tom Brady.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Wrong....the difference was in 9 games we had the #1 defense in that span rank at the top in sacks and what did you see last night?????? Not that D, yeah Marsha is a good QB maybe the greatest but we threw a **** game plan at him!!!!!!!

21. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    The difference in the game was mostly Belichick. Brady doesn't block for himsellf, does he?

22. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I'd say they threw NO game plan at him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I disagree. Brady made adjustments, made timely and accurate throws, was on the same page with his WR's, read the defense correctly ect ect ect. It wasn't the first time he carved up a defense. Brady is a great field general. I don't like the guy but I can appreciate greatness. He made it look so easy.

24. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Rankings don't mean anything when teams face off vs one another. Teams are not playing rankings.

The Steelers defense couldn't apply enough pressure. Little pressure on Brady is generally a recipe for disaster regardless of schemes or game plans. That has been going on for years.

Teams that could apply pressure on Brady consistently were the teams that gave that offense problems. I guess some of you don't watch the same games that I did??

25. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Morning everyone ,
    Sorry I bailed on the gameday thread ..Wasn't being a poor sport .
    My son gets a little worked up and the sneak play that Brady fumbled and a "clear" recovery by us sent him over the top..

He goes to kick a stuffed steeler football ,missed and kicked the coffee table leg,split his big toe open and will probably lose his toe nail..
    So i was wrapping up a bloody toe ..

Kinda funny ,,i remember having that passion and its fun to see him have it now.

Now to my complaint.
    How many times do you have to play a team and get thrashed to figure out your defensive gameplan isn't going to work.
    Its the same old story with this team when we play these guys .
    Why do we keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result !!
    Thats insanity right ..??

We got what we deserved ,,,again !
    Can't beat this team playing soft ,8 yard cushion zone coverage!
    Its so frustrating to see that every time we play them.
    Give our guys a chance at least.I don't blame the players ,i blame the coaches ..

Not much else to say really ,except go Falcons