1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - AFCCG EDITION

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Jan 22, 2017.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm thinking Pitt/ATL would have been closer than tonight's game.
    At least Pitt beat them last time they played;).

2. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Great season, so proud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Tomlin prepares a wonderful word salad at every press conference, but I never take anything away from it except more questions than I had going in.

4. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    ben said he doesn't know why we don't run sneaks

5. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I think Tomlin and Belicheck are similar in that regard- they both don't want to give up any relevant information, they just go about it in opposite ways. Belicheck just won't say anything and Tomlin says a lot but it is all nonsense.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Most coaches do honestly. I just would kill for a coach to come out just ONCE and be like "Look man, we just had a terrible gameplan today. If I had it to do over I would totally change it up." But when they come out and say "Yeah I wouldn't have done anything differently" after you just watched them get their collective butts handed to them that's pretty irritating to listen to. If he really thinks we had a good enough gameplan to beat them then I have serious concerns about his intellectual capacity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    yeah, but when you see a team who constantly cheats and bends if not breaks the rules have success after success, you start to hate the sport, not your team. I will always be a Steelers fan til I die, but I am seriously at the point of f*ck the NFL.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I hope that's the case.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What information could Tomlin possibly have given up though? Does he have this super secret gameplan he plans to use in a DIFFERENT AFC Championship game? LOL! Does he want to shock them in the preseason? I don't think Tomlin has anything up his sleeve when it comes to Bill.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm spoiled, losing AFC championships is the same as a losing season, imo. Only difference is a worse draft position.

11. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Just talking in general about how he always is in every press conference, not just tonight. You said the same thing in the reply under mine.

12. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Yes, there success is perpetuated by their original cheAting. Successful cheating generated Home grown players wanting to stay for less money and all stars like Harrison, Seau and Bennett coming to them, for cheap to win rings. They may not be cheating at the high level they were back then, but it is still paying dividends for them now. F*ck them, now and forever. If that whole team was suddenly gone from the earth, along with their holier than thou fans, the world would be a better place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    What's that old saying, gunny? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity?

In all the times we've played these punks since 2001 we've run the same tired schemes and blitzes except once in Pittsburgh in like 2009. We tried a different gameplan with man coverage on defense and short quick passes on offense and we clobbered them. Every other time? Same tired stuff and we get clobbered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    The only time Tomlin beat NE we played Man. Why did we play zone all night?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Not a bad call, you don't draw it up for Coates to drop a good pass and getting held on one arm

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    OK I did my complaining. Great year we had after almost shutting down. 9 wins in a row is good. Now lets come back stronger next year. I still bleed BLACK & GOLD

17. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    At least draw it up to a guy that has been playing lately. That was a head scratcher for sure. If it pays off, sure, they (MT and/or Haley) look like geniuses. But the odds were against Coates coming off the bench cold and making that play. Just sayin.

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Had to use red cause gold didn't show up

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    We were number 3, number 2 would have small balled them and at least made the game close

20. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    I can't say your wrong, shoulda been reliable DHB or Eli

21. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yep, DHB was who I was thinking of.

22. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Because there was no pressure, he just had to wait for receivers to get open. When you block 3-4 with 5-6 you are gonna win

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Haha You must be one of my recruits from PLT 1021 Parris Island 1980. Or a Marine from Echo 2/4. All of them call me Gunny because I made Gunny when I was SDI in that PLT. Then at LeJeune 1981-1986 I was company Gunny of Echo. They all say yeah yeah nice you retired SGTMAJ but you will always be Gunny to me Haha. I answer to it for them

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If he catches it, I still don't see any geniuses. Just like going for 2 on an opening TD. Just because it was converted doesn't mean it was the right decision.

25. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Just imagine what would have happened if we spent the Green money on a bad Azz safety or d lineman....

• Agree Agree x 1