1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What in the world is wrong with AB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Jan 16, 2017.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Some on here are overreacting. Quit letting the media make you think this is such a big deal. This stuff goes on in locker rooms every game.

AB was trying to let fans have a sneak peek. I think he was caught up in the moment and was excited, and just didn't realize what he was doing. He could've done something much worse, like be arrested last week for assaulting a cop!

I'll admit, I was watching the video feed live when it happened and cringed a little when Tomlin was saying that. I knew THE MEDIA was going to make it a big deal. For some of you, congrats for falling into their trap! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Benching would only be a good punishment because the fans can see it.

But it's not like Tomlin won't see him again until the next game. It's more than likely AB will get some kind of punishment during the week.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    IMO, This is on Tomlin for (apparently) not having a policy regarding when social media is and isn't allowed in the locker room. He's obviously aware of its presence. If there is a policy and AB violated it, whatever disciplinary actions are stated in such policy should be taken. He should also have a policy of attention on him when he's addressing the team, like every coach I ever had did, from peewee on up. Pretty simple. I don't blame AB if he didn't violate any rules the coach (should have) in place.
    NE is a bunch of @ssholes, as is any team in the NFL that isn't the Steelers. We all know that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:Hey! I'm just happy we didn't see Tomlin swingin' pom poms in the locker room!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This right here. I watched AB on facebook live as it was happening. I saw the video last week. Nothing new, just a bunch of guys excited that they won. I heard the comments in the background. At first, I thought it was Ben's voice, then everyone said it was Tomlin. I thought, well, that makes more sense. I did immediately see the irony of Tomlin talking about keeping a low profile while it was broadcast 'round the world.

I was more upset that AB seemed oblivious to the fact that the coach was addressing the team versus the whole streaming thing. When I went to training camp, AB showed up to the field late. I was upset. IMHO, he should be there with everyone else and do what everyone else does. Then, I realized that I don't know what is said behind closed doors. AB gets penalties and fines for doing dances and celebrations, then they go out and use it in promos, commercials, and t-shirts. The NFL is one big hypocrisy that is focused on money than on integrity. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

6. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Look at AB's Facebook page (for those of you who have Facebook that is), and you'll see one of his videos is in the locker room earlier this year. A lot of times Vince Williams will take AB's phone and go walking around. Tomlin gave a shout out on one of them.

My point is: he knew this was going on. He clearly did not have a policy unless he had no idea what being "live" meant...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Lol ohh the ironing. I'm surprised you didn't see Porter walk by slamming a fifth of vodka. Good job Brown now everyone knows the steelers don't like the pats, silly Brown.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, it's embedded a few posts back. I agree completely...he knows it goes on and it would appear that he's OK with it. If he isn't OK with it, it seems that he hasn't been clear about what's OK and what's not when it comes to social media in the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Here's the full video for anyone who missed it earlier before it was taken down. :whistley:

10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    "Disdain" is a mild word. Of course Steeler fans have at least disdain for the evil empire. I hate those cheating bastards who may have cost us a SB.

If it was Tomlin who said it, it is not surprising with he being players coach and using street language to fire them up. It`s nothing.

Good thing it was not something REALLY embarrassing or controversial.

11. SteelMom84

SteelMom84 Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Ryan Clark's reaction. Couldn't agree more!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm pretty sure if you caught a Patriot or Patriots fan in an honest moment, they'd admit, "Hey, we ARE a-holes. So what?"

This is much ado about nothing. And Tomlin pointing out their headstart? No. They had 3 weeks on us if we're honest. He's just trying to refocus the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    +1000

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, video footage disputed any assault took place. But, yes, this isn't that big a deal. He should have just shut it off when he began talking.

15. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I have no problem with what Tomlin said and I'm kind of glad he said what he said. Who cares about the Patriots and what they think. You need to have an edge going into New England and I have no problem what he did. I think AB is an idiot for doing what he did and needs to be smarter then that.

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

Mike Tomlin this coming Sunday in Foxboro.

17. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    There needs to be a clarification here. The problem is NOT what Tomlin said. He didn't say anything inflammatory, though the media will make it so.

The problem is on AB's recording of things in the locker room. Not only did he broadcast something that Tomlin thought was private, he was so stuck on himself that he isn't paying attention to what was being said. As a team leader, he needed to be front and center in the other room and not sticking his face in front of his phone.

I am surprised at the number of fans who are dismissing this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We're not implying that at all. But you can rest assured that that will be pasted on the Patriots' bulletin boards and will have them white hot with rage by the time that the game rolls around. Woe to the Steelers for that faux pas on AB's part.

19. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    So someone please explain this discipline thing. We are in the championship game. From what I gather from the benching of AB, to the love of the Patriots from some fans, I would think this was Marshall brady fan club or site, to fans hoping we lose. If anything should happen let management handle the situation. Second it's like what ever sports center say, or nfl network say some fan repeat the same bs here. But if all these so call sports people was great, why they never gave Pittsburgh any credit except for Hodge. Half of them pick Minns. When they was the last underfeated team, to Dallas with the rookies. If they make the Superbowl half of the fans will find a way to say thanks to this player and that player instead of the coaches. Go to last night game thread, some fans said we will lose once they scored first td. Like I said fg can win games. I am thankful Tomlin kick all them fgs and not go with his gut to go for the td.

20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Seems like the Steelers have some bulletin board material too. All these naysayers out there, it's the Steelers vs the world. Go out and prove them wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    It's not media, in the traditional sense. It's former players. Ryan Clark: Said it's a no no. Merril Hoge: said it's a no-no. Joe Theisman, in the link below: said it's a no-no.

Ramon Foster is publicly asking for an explanation: http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2017/01/16/foster-id-love-hear-abs-explanation/

This is a VERY big deal.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/16/pittsburgh-steelers-antonio-brown-facebook-live-week-under-review

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My 2 cents: didn't watch the video ,don't plan to. I think if AB knew what Tomlin was gonna say he wouldn't have recorded it. It seems it is common place for AB to do it. Should he have been showing more maturity and team leadership ...for sure. Do I think it will decide the outcome of the game....No. The players will just have to back up the coach they say they love so much....Football is a very emotional game,just look at all the public outbursts by some of the players this weekend. I know for a fact that there is plenty of disdain league wide for the cheats....We have had our fair share of issues with them going back to 2004 I believe it was and with radio communications recently. I'm pretty sure the coaching fraternity has a better idea of all their past transgressions more than we the public know. Everyone hates them and thinks they're assholes,Tomlin just got caught saying it. We don't live in our Facebook fears.......may the best team on Sunday win.

Edit: I'm sure the cheats already had their own copy anyway...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    He'll have to line up in practice with Jarvis Landry at QB. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If AB has been doing this frequently all year, and Tomlin knew about it (he did), then what's the problem? I'll say it again: This is much ado about nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am not a big believer in 'bulletin board material.' A team should not need external motivation to give their best.

• Agree Agree x 3