1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ladarius Green concussion

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Agreed, but you know how these guys are. Their love for the game and never mind the big contract they chasing if they haven't gotten one yet. That'll make their thinking a lot different, even though it shouldn't with their health in jeopardy.

2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He took a pretty wicked shot and it was 100% helmet to helmet. I still can't believe it wasn't flagged.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Here you go.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm confident he will play and be a X factor.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2017-1-12_15-30-22.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He didn't practice again today, so it looks very unlikely he will play Sunday. Sucks.

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    same guy was fined for this one - principle point of contact being helmet on both?

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed. Thought he would be fined.

Either way, feel bad for Green. Neurological injuries are far different than physical ones by far.

Wonder if he is considering retirement? As unpopular as that sounds, given the new information that players now know about how football impacts the brain, it would not be out of the question as he has been out for quite some time. :frown:

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Plus the 3 other concussions. Those injuries are cummulative. Not good. I don't expect to see him on the field again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would not rule it out entirely but it is a possibility.

I am wondering can Pittsburgh receive financial compensation should he go that route? Furthermore, that is going to throw a massive wrench in the draft plans heading into Mobile, Alabama then the Combine.

12. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    The guy is done... have played his last NFL game.. :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow. I realize this was a helmet to helmet shot but it seems to me we see half a dozen or more hits during the course of a game that makes this one look pretty tame. I don't think any of us expected him to be out of commission a month later from this hit.

This further convinces me that he's got some significant issues with his gray matter and I worry about his long-term availability to the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    the first view i thought his head hit the turf hard
    then the other showed the helmet to helmet
    i hope he comes around

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL! Hit the wrong button. Chill, dar. You're starting to wear your feelings on your sleeve like Bradshaw. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    all i know is he is a fine weapon to have but if we don't have said weapon for more than 3-4 games a year is it worth it? if he retires we are on the hook for his salary and that will hurt in dead money. i wouldn't be against drafting one to be honest and move along. maybe one of those june 1 cuts. he can't be cut on IR. we are in limbo right now and in the near future with him. :cool:

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    IMO Green is damaged goods and won't play another down in football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Only Jesus can raise Lazurus from the dead.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ever see the crash that killed Dale Earnhardt? Looked mild compared to some of the wrecks that happened.

Point is. We don't know the extent of the injury. While IMO it's ok to discuss it and form an opinion, it's not cool to say things like "he's stealing the Steelers money" like some have said.

20. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i think the Ben to Green connection could of been great, but i doubt we will ever really get to see its full potential. Green has missed most of the season because of concussion issues. they tried to spin it earlier in the year, but there was no doubt it was concussion related.

if hes smart he retires. i still think Jessie James can be a great TE. he is very much in the same mold as Heath was. i can handle another 10 years of that kind of production.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think plenty of people would have gotten a concussion from that hit. Where he differs is the length of time he is missing.

Clearly taking to many hits up there. Hope he's ok.

Just talk to Al Toon, former Jet WR if it's worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I didn't know that the team is on the hook for his salary if he retires. That sucks big time, I obviously don't follow the financials too much. Full salary or a portion?

23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I've never said that. And you're right, the DE crash didn't look that bad initially and probably wouldn't have killed him had he used the head restraint properly. But IMHO, there is NO WAY the hit that LG took should have kept him out of action 4 games and counting now unless there is a significant underlying issue with his brain.

As I've said before, football isn't worth his life and if we all have to cringe every time he gets hit and it causes him to play tentatively or scared, it's time to hang up the cleats.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    cap hit goes to dead money like we had to with heath this year.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Well unfortunately for all involved, it does not look like L. Green is playing again this week since he is still in the protocol. Still too early to call it officially, but I think the writing is on the wall. Hate to say it but we'll need to add TE to the draft watch list this offseason.

Outlaw had a great game last week and hope he continues to have a presence in this week's offensive game plan along with Grimble. New England is more susceptible to inside routes so hopefully the TEs and Rogers can create some havoc.