1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pit vs KC pregame thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 9, 2017.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Whomever is willing to take a damn knee, I'm all in favor of yeesh

2. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I think we win easy to be honest. I think they will try everything to stop Bell and I think Ben will shred them. We killed them last time and our D is playing way better now. The only thing that worries me is special teams and field position. If we can beat them in those areas we win for sure. Score quick and often and take the crowd out of it by halftime.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What happend in game 1 was bad turnovers for them and Ben was on fire. I expect a closer game like 24-17

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If Ben is not limping, we will win.

5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Hochuli had the NYG-GB game. (Apparently, there are performance-based consequences after all ... See HERE.)

This week, Cheffers will be joined by the heads of the three families: Steratore, Morelli, and Corrente.

• Like Like x 1
  6. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    lol
    thanks

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Current weather forecast for game time is for freezing rain.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed.That game just snowballed out of control for the Chiefs early. Also, Roethlisberger was playing better at the time. Heck, that was one of the few times this season they got anything out of Wheaton. Roethlisberger hasn't put a game like that together since he injured his knee.

To be fair, that isn't all on Roethlisberger. For the most part, the Steelers have gone away from the up-tempo, pass-first game in which he seems to thrive. They are playing a ball-control game that features Bell because it suits their personnel. The line has been outstanding and Bell is dominating. Also, their receivers outside of Brown just aren't consistent enough. I think that combination is why we see so much more of Hubbard, Johnson and Nix on the field. It is working, but it makes it harder for Roethlisberger and the receivers to find a rhythm.

In a sense, it is the 1995 Steelers' offense in reverse. Cowher preferred the conservative, run-based offense, but he didn't have the back to do it. But that team was deep at receiver, so they went with more spread formations and a pass-oriented attack that got them to the Super Bowl.

This team made the opposite switch, going to a more conservative approach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Haley being the coach for the Chiefs may have made a difference in the outcome of our first game. ?

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    How so? Haley hasn't coached in KC in 6 years with essentially two HC's there since then. Plus TH's unit goes against the KC D which is much different than it was in 09-11. TH has never coached under Andy Reid to my knowledge, so I'm not really seeing how he would have an advantage different from any other OC in the league that played the chefs this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Correct. Haley has been an assistant under Bill Parcells (twice) Al Groh, Dick Jauron, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Tomlin.

12. Bobo

Bobo Member

Jan 9, 2017
    As long as special team doesnot give them easy touchdowns, we will definitely move to AFCCG.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Definitely is a bit much and that is a very big question mark. Hill is explosive and the special teams have been a real problem. Chickillo's absence certainly doesn't help. Neither does Shamarko Thomas being on IR.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Kelce scares me alot, We must have a plan for him and Hill.
    I would not kick it to Hill, and be cognizant where both line up.
    I would also watch for Smith to (RUN). If our OL can run block
    their DL and we don't turn the ball over, we have a good chance of moving on.

15. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    To summarize, then ...

[​IMG]
    "There's no 'sure thing' in the NFL anymore, but if the Steelers can score more points than the Chiefs, they stand a pretty good chance of winning."

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    also if we dont beat chiefs, i dont feel confident in beating pats.

lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Have to get the crowd out of the game early
    REAL EARLY
    i want the boo birds on Alex and Andy
    and if we can lay a big ass hit on that Woman Beater Tyreek Hill even better

Can't let them feel an ounce of momentum just failure and incompetence

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    kinda like me in bed lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I had no idea he had abused a woman, never mind a woman carrying his child. Wow.

I hope he gets crushed on Sunday.

20. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    be honest
    you have trophy showing some kind of ability
    lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Game is going to be a classic. Hard fought and some brutish hits.

Key is in the trenches for both sides.

Team who plays with more execution and with the fundementals wins.

22. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Hopefully Golden and Williams will have a positive impact on ST's.

And yea, Does not look like Fitz will be returning any to the 16.
    IMG_9481.PNG

23. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    That's a good point. I wondered about special teams too. In fact I wondered if MT has ever had good special teams. So I looked it up.

according to footballoutsiders.com, the steelers have had a bottom 10 special teams more often than a top 10 special teams since MT has been head coach. twice vs. once (9th in 2011)

a bleacherreport.com article from the 2013 season ranks Pitt #20 of 32 teams. Antonio Brown brought the score up or it would have been worse. Punters Brad Wing and Adam Podesh finished last that year was a big reason.

according to ESPN.com, 2016 Pitt kickoff coverage teams allowed the 3rd most average kickoff return yards.

according to ESPN.com, 2016 Pitt punt coverage teams tied for 9th most average punt return yards allowed.

according to ESPN.com, 2016 PItt punting team finished 18th of 32 in net punting average.

according to ESPN.com, 2016 Pitt kickoff return team finished 17th of 32 teams in kickoff return average.

according to ESPN.com, 2016 Pitt punt return team finished 16th of 32 teams in punt return average.

24. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m not surprised we did this poorly. I wish we would just take a knee and start on the 25 when receiving and somehow get better get better on coverage. That would be a HUGE plus.

25. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    My brother in Law is a big Chiefs fan, so is my 3 y/o nephew(I have no influence cause dad is #1,but im working on getting him to be a Pens fan at least) but ask him who his favorite team is and he walks around "The Cheaps, cheaps, cheaps, cheaps!