1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LeVeon Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 11, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's the key if the Steelers are going to make a Super Bowl run, look at his production in his first playoff game he set a team record with 167 rushing yards. Ben talked to him about having a Terrell Davis type role in the playoffs when Denver won 2 SB. If he can match his production from the earlier meeting with the Chiefs this season when he had over 140 yards rushing, I like the Steelers chances of winning.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    As for importance to the team.

Ben
    Bell
    Brown

In that order

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    In KC they're thinking Tyreek Hill can offset Bell with a couple nice returns, which is very possible.
    I don't know what we're going to do about Tyreek on offense or special teams. You know that they are going to try to get Hill the ball in space, and I don't know how we are going to cover him. WE BETTER DOUBLE HIM.
    We only need 7 defenders in the box to stop KC's running game since Jamaal Charles is out, and West is good, but we can stop him.
    I hope we play a nickle the whole game and double Hill on every play, and don't even think about kicking to him.
    They really don't have anybody else to worry about.

On defense Justin Houston is going to be back off a knee injury, and he is going to be edge rushing like crazy. Bell is going to have to stay in and block for Ben, so he won't be huge in the passing game. I wish we could handle Houston with an OT, but I really don't think so.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Double hill and spy on Alex. But like really spy on him, at home, in the showers...

If we don't turn the ball over we will win

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah Ben talks about him having a TD like role and the team riding him through the playoffs and for the first half of the game last week he did just that and then got stupid. He needs to relax and let the play makers make play, like Bell and Brown and he can lead them. Simple formula and complicated execution.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Enormous skill set, pray that he has licked his demons. Just
    for good measure when offering him his new contract next year, Steelers address this.

Would be btter wr than most NFL teams have on their roster.

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He is the best running back in the league and on top of that he is a top tier threat in the passing game. We shall see how he does in only his 2nd playoff game. The Chiefs are 26th in rushing defense, 24th overall. But they are the leaders in creating turnovers with 33 and are top 5 in the red zone. I feel Bell will have a big day. He is a pleasure to watch and is a one of a kind talent. Hopefully the off the field crap is put to bed. But that doesn't matter now, it's all about beating the Chiefs...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I tend to think that they are all equal in importance.

Should Ben go out, they will double AB and stop the run.
    Should Bell go out, they will double AB and blitz.
    Should Brown go out, they need not double anyone, just stack the box against the run and blitz.

Together, the three of them make for an impossible scenario. Though, let's not forget about the importance of the other role players on offense.
    For years myself and others on this board have pleaded with the others on this board (as if that would help) for the coaches to use a FB and maybe even bring in an extra TE or lineman to pave the way for the run game. And now, we have Nix and Hubbard doing just that. Miami knew it was coming and they couldn't stop it. I expect KC to have a similar fate.

When Coates originally injured his hand and Eli Rogers was still hurt, there were few options on the team. Ben had to throw it to Brown. Insert 4 game losing streak, which also coincided with Ben being injured.

Having said that, the one benefit those injuries had was experience for the young guys like Hamilton. Who grew up fast this year and is now a fairly reliable option. Ayers, whom I don't believe was active until December, is also getting worth while reps in. During the middle of the season, it looked for a while that our receiving corps was pretty weak after AB. Now, assuming they are all healthy, they are all able to catch passes and keep double teams off of Brown. Just look at the first 5 passes of the game against the Dolphins. Ben connected with 5 different receivers. They couldn't just cover AB, and he made them pay for it. I think Eli Rogers is a great possession receiver. I am hopeful that Coates will be able to contribute in the deep routes between now and the game down in Houston. If not, a few bombs to DHB might help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    look at it simply

without Ben

the other two
    do not do diddly squat

this is why i give Ben the most grief

he is the VETERAN
    KAPITAN
    STATESMAN
    of this team

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Nicely done.. Enjoyed this and agree whole heartedly especially the part about inserting hubbard and nix into the run game.. Exactly the moment they did this Leveons game improved immensly. Also agree KC will know it's coming but wont be able to stop i

12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Bell is the key. He has time of position power and a distraction to the defense to where the other players will have opportunities.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben excels against man coverage, that's what the Chiefs play. Marcus Peters plays one side of the field, line AB on the opposite side against CB Philip gaines advantage Steelers.

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:applaud:

Well done! This needs framed. :thumbs up:

Why only count on one player when you could count on all three? They do say the number three has a "transcendent" quality to it.

I suppose that is one of the reasons for the "Stairway To Seven" Moniker as well.