1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

KCSFC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dreamman0, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Anyone heading to KC for the game? Kansas City Steelers Fan Club is waiting here with open arms! Steelers games are ALWAYS a home game. We are planning a HUGE pre-game party at our fan club bar (Calahan's in Lenexa, on 87th St) and it looks like 'Big Snack' will be there for a free autograph signing. Much more is in the works. Check out our facebook page (search for Kansas City Steelers Fan Club) for regular updates. If you need lodging, tickets, Steeler fans to hang out with, thats the place to get it. We look forward to meeting you and of course...GO STEELERS!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was hoping there is a large contingent of Steelers fans in KC who purchased tickets when they went on sale, expecting the Black and Gold to beat the Dolphins.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Huh?

4. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    The black and gold are the Steelers. Saying I was wondering if people in KC bought tickets a week ago, to the KC game, expecting the STEELERS (Black and Gold) to beat the Dolphins and thus play in KC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Here here... Black n gold my whole damn life, thx to a rap song folks getting the waters muddied lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I am coming from ND. I caught word of the party on steelers nation unite. I am bring the wife to the party and the game on sunday. Cannot wait.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hear ya Dobb but some people get legitimately worked up because of a song....there are many shades of gold and our colors happen to be yellow/gold. I mean the Saints are black and gold too so there's that. Anyway black and yellow flows a little better than black and gold ....black and gold ...black and gold. It's all good..... it's a song supporting us which is always cool.....

Edit: I was hoping this was some kind of thread about some black and gold KFC buckets:hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Rush, read what you posted. You posted yesterday that you expect the Steelers to beat the dolphins. That's what is throwing folks

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I have lived in KC for 21 years and have been a member of the fan club all those years. Great bunch of people, look forward to seeing whoever is coming in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Our colors are black and marigold. That's where the gold comes from

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011

Right, I see where the statement could be misleading. I did say, "when they went on sale". KC started selling tickets once they clinched the division and weren't waiting for the opponent to be identified. Plus, I used the past tense verb, "purchased" for people that were "expecting". Nonetheless, I hope there are lots of Steeler fans in attendance.

12. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    I only color with the 8 pack of crayons. The 64 pack was just too confusing to me. So, while the uniforms may appear yellow, I never questioned calling the team colors black and gold.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice.....but let's be glad they don't start calling our colors that:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I found out today I actually live practically across the street from Calihans and had no idea for as long as I've been out here.

Small world. I'll be at the game though actually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Hey man, there is a big pre-party on Saturday night that will be fun, you should stop by. Casey Hampton is supposed to be there signing autographs too. Bring us home a W on Sunday.

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I would have loved to go out there. But, it's a pretty far drive and travel for me. I try to attend any playoff game held at home.

It was fun game last Sunday even if it was freezing cold.

If the Steelers win, and the Texans pull off a Christmas miracle and some how beat the Patriots.

I'll be down at Heinz for the AFC Championship game one way or another.

17. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Didn't know it was Saturday, I'll try and make it out for that.

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Exactly.. Not the black and gold usage. The way in which he said he " expected the Steelers to beat the Dolphins" Thanks Coastal lol

19. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Just a quick update due to the game time change. The Saturday pre-party is still on and starts at 6 local time. Unfortunately 'Big Snack' canceled due to the weather. Steeler Nation Unite will be there with a free raffle and other give aways. Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley will be doing a live broadcast from Callahan’s. Also its been reported that game tickets can be had for $30 or less.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  20. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    How far of a drive do you have to Pittsburgh? Ours is about 10 hours with a few stops, about 610 miles