1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's Stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Spock, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I was looking at some of Ben's impressive stats and wondering when his TD passes occur. Does anyone have a break down of TD passes per quarter? Ben is streaky. But is he more likely to be hot in the first half and drop off his performance or does he start slow and heat up? This last game he started off well and then threw two picks. Just wondering?

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don't know but this team all around is playing solid, but Ben didn't get the memo to quit being jekyl and hyde lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    something about gun slinging in the wild west plains is his mentality
    stay focus and make every shot count
    he has plenty of weapons to choose from

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The garbage teams (except Houston) are out of the playoffs and we will see nothing but good teams from now on. We need 4 quarters of good play by Ben for now on.

Keep an eye out for any limp when he plays. His accuracy is always affected when his ankle is bothering him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    The trend i notice is when Ben is on fire he is unstoppable, like Rodgers. When he is cold, dear god lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    lol i mean there is no middle with him sometimes. Not sure if it is a nervous thing or injury thing sometimes.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    j/k ;)

I doubt nervous, been in the league almost 13 years.

I'd say his high throws are most likely injury related.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think when the pressure is on, he is feeling it and rises to the challenge. However when they have a lead and there is little to no pressure, things are going great he starts to think about stats and records and highlight plays. He had the almost the most perfect half of football you could ask for until that final 2 minutes of the half and he throws two balls that were high trying to do to much and boom a pick. I mean he had TD's and plentry of yardage going 10 for 10 before he started looking down field and wanting a,little bit more down field passing instead of short routes and that's where things went pear shaped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yes this. he gets trigger happy for more stats. OR, wants to keep his guys happy by feeding them yards/td's. He needs to relax and just focus on the bigger picture, adding #7 while keeping marsha from getting 5 and another team from tying us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

maybe he needs glasses ( sweed? ) lol

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I would hardly call Houston a garbage team.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i said that too in another thread bus. remember our receiver charles johnson? they finally got his eyes checked and he did need them. he started catching the ball after that.

BF on the other hand has rose colored glasses and can't see crap.

i kid i kid. :hehehe::lolol::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Roethlisberger is 5-1 vs. KC with a passer rating of 118 per pro-footballreference.com. One thing I have not seen as much is play action. I t would be nice start using some play action with Bell running numbers.

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Could very well be his problem. he is not a young pup anymore. The throws he makes sometimes makes you wonder if he can see at all lol.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that's because it's mostly play and bell provides all the action.:smiley1::cool:

18. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    maybe Ben wore Beer Goggles too long when he was young

19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Some of em are head scratchers for sure. He was in a bombs away mode for a while, the last few years he has been reeled in a TINY bit. I don't know if it's the timing routes and he's just gunning it without over processing or if he's favre' it live or die. He has the slinger mentality which negates just taking what is give or chucking it away when nothing is there. I doubt we'll see him change that approach ever, but I appreciate it during the small samples he has.

Make no mistake, the reason any of us has had any hope be it minimal and or expected is because of that man during his stint. He's got some left, let's see what it do!

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We need Ben to be better than he has been if we are to get where we want to be.

Can't keep throwing to the other team. Can't happen, our defense is not that good. YET.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    His first int wasn't a great throw, but easily catchable.
    The other int was bad, but I'm sure when the game is basically over you take some chances you normally would not.

QB's throw interceptions.
    But yeah, Ben needs to play flawless to give us the best chance at winning.

22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree with the first part on the first INT. However, Ben threw right to the DL on the ball that got knocked up in the air and caught by JJ. That should have easily been an INT. The second part about taking chances when the game is over isn't right. That is exactly the time when you don't take chances. I'd like hear how you could sell that notion.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I agree you shouldn't take chances, but I think Ben does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben's only flaw is CONSISTENCY! He has all the tools, playmakers,and game to be the greatest of all times. When he's on...he's rewriting the record books. But when hes bad...he's awful. Just look at his Superbowl appearances ...1st awful...lowest qb rating in a Superbowl ...
    2nd ...Outstanding!!...who makes a game winning touchdown pass like that?!...
    3rd....hohum. The difference between Ben and Brady....is simply Consistency!!

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    That last pick is on tomlin, he called for a pass play with 4 minutes on the clock and an 18 point lead, keep that idiot away from calling offensive plays and this team is better off, reminds me of his play calling with vick in the game last year when he called a running play for vick while bell was in the back field....