1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ladarius Green concussion

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 1, 2017.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Nope. Can you explain how he is an irreplacable piece of the offense? The stats say otherwise. 6 games played with 18 catches, 304 yards, 1 TD. That is decent for a TE but outside of the giants game, not all-pro worthy. Cincy game was decent before the concussion. He looks like he is afraid to get hit like wee willie parker after his knee injury. I don't get the love affair with him. I don't expect you to agree, but in my opinion, he is overpaid, over rated, and underperforming compared with his paycheck. Grimble and James have more potential relative to the paycheck than Green. Not to mention, he can't stay healthy enough to be on the field to be a consistent and legitimate threat. Truth hurts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Come on man did I say irreplaceable, no I said we are a better team with him. If you think different fine not gonna argue today about this I am more focused on the Steelers winning today.....

3. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    So far James is holding his own - made the Brown TD happen with the block on the sideline. LG is not needed. In fact, I think Ladarius should be renamed Lazarus Green because he is dead and will need to resurrected by Jesus if he ever plays this game again.

4. fer69

fer69 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Green who?

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think the guy has done amazing....considering everyone else had all of training camp, preseason, and half the year to get where they are...and he had a few NO TOUCH practices leading up to gameday. He will be a major asset in the playoffs...and will put fear in defenses next year with a whole offseason to prepare with Brown, Bell, and Ben.

HACK

6. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Doesn't look like he'll even see the field. Unless you consider holding his teammate's coats on the sideline an asset. Yeah that's worth $20 million... not.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You can't seriously believe that?

8. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    We've already been over this Glenn and it is established that we don't agree on the topic of Green. It's OK that we disagree. We don't have to agree on everything. Time will tell. I could be wrong and hope I'm wrong.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    tough situation for he and golson. the difference being is the money. right now these guys are living on potential and every player in the league has potential. the potential is there but if it never comes to fruition then what is it worth? right now his salary pays him more per games played then ben makes.:shrug::cool:

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well let me say this way before we signed Green there wasn't a bigger supporter for James as me. I thought this kid could step in, must be the Steelers thought different cause they brought in Green which I was not a fan of. Since Green has been here injuries have not been his friend but to say we are a better team without him is nuts. Ben has always loved to go to his TE(miller) in tough times and when Green was out there......WHEN.....you saw that again. Like you said to Glenn, we don't agree that's fine I don't care who is out there as long as at the end of the day we get the WIN.

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I hope he is healthy to contribute going forward...and he does contribute.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Trust me, if we were playing a team with a real good defense you would want green. He is very hard to cover especially when you are setting a team up for a big play when you really need one in tight game. Green is not gonna do us in. Our offense is rolling and even if we run the table we are not gonna face a real good defense. If our defense holds up and plays with speed like yesterday then we should outscore everyone without green.........

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    well kc, ne, texans, dal, seattle all have good defenses

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Nope. Swann wouldn't have sustained that concussion because George Atkinson would have been suspended long before that game.
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Green will be back for these playoffs. Whether he remains healthy is a bigger question, IMO.

Hope he can, he provides an element that Jesse and Grimble can't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I think Green is expendable at this point. Is he the best TE on this team? Sure, but not by much.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    None of the other tight ends can do what Green does, which is provide a big target who can make big plays down the field. I don't mean once in a while, but on a consistent basis (if he is healthy). Green gave the Steelers another weapon that can consistently hurt opposing defenses if they focus too much on Bell and Brown, as the Giants did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sure Madden would have had the Assassin do his bidding or another member of the "criminal element" in Silver & Black.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:confused1:

No Blast.... no he does not.

Stop using this to convince yourself otherwise!!!!

[​IMG]

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    In all honesty though, what is it with people and their lack of belief that Green cannot stretch the field? :hmm:

Curious as I would appreciate evidence supporting such a claim.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    What are you basing this on?

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Just a gut feeling. He was almost back for the Dolphins game, practiced during the week but then held out of Fridays practice.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not sure people are doubting his ability to stretch the field....I think they are more concerned with his ability to stretch a stretcher....

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Completely agree with this. He has been off the field more than on the field this season. Now he has missed the first playoff game and it is up in the air whether or not he will play at KC. He looks a bit like he is playing scared to not get injured. When you combine that with the fact he has a $20M contract, I have a hard time seeing the value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    KC has one of the best safety tandems in the league. I sure would love to have Green to stretch the field and put stress on the seams and create space underneath. That's something Jesse James CAN'T do.

• Agree Agree x 2