1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just don't see us beating the Chief's next week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Just when I though the Steelers have right this ship in the playoffs and were ready to make a run.
    Tomlin ****ed it up again buy playing Ben and know we will have a gimpy ben playing next week.

Again I hope Im wrong

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Anyone watch the Golden Globes last night? I haven't seen any of those movies.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone going to go see that Live by Night, movie? Looks pretty good, know some people aren't Ben Affleck fans though.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You beat me by a nano second :lolol:

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben Affleck is best when he's in a Kevin Smith film getting made fun of. LOL! Actually he's great in Dazed and Confused. I would tell everyone if they only had one movie they could go and see right now that they should make it be Rogue One.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    NANO SECONDS ARE THE WORST!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Sucks that Better Call Saul didn't get anything.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd like to see "Manchester...." I'm not fond of the "man bun" on Affleck last night though

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Rogue One is on my list for this week. I heard its like one of the best Star Wars movies ever. The fact that they based the plot on one line from Star Wars A New Hope, when she says a lot of people died trying to protect these plans, is just genius. Can't wait to see it.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it's definitely at least as good as The Force Awakens and EASILY better than at least the first two prequels.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    After seeing Force Awakens last year and Rogue One this past week... Disney needs to re-make Episodes I, II and III. Those movies look cartoon-ish and did not age well like Episodes IV-VI. Plus... the acting is awful in the prequels. Keep Ewan MacGregor, Samuel L Jackson, Liam Neeson, Ray Park (Darth Maul) Jimmy Smits and Ian McDarmid and ditch everybody else. Annakin Skywalker should be at least 18 years of age in the new Episode I... same age as Luke in Episode IV. And last, but definitely not least... NO MORE JAR JAR BINKS!!!

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's actually rumored that New Hope is getting a re-release. The main thing I wish Disney would do is to release the actual non George Lucas butchered versions of the original movies for my generation to see. I think after Carrie Fisher died George Lucas issued a statement and has since issued 11 more because the first one just wasn't what he really wanted. His remastered statements are definitely better though because he rearranged some commas and put exclamation points where periods once had been. Also he used better emojis.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    RealSteel/heinzmustard/bigbenhotness

look man, only I truly get you lol. I feel you, I think our streak ends at 8.

D:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The Lucas updates didn't bother me as much as the prequel trilogy with the putrid acting of Lloyd, Christenson along with the most annoying pointless SCI FI character of all time in Jar Jar Binks.

I thought the addition of Jabba the Hutt scene with Solo in Episode IV was a good addition... plus the Death Star battle was much improved with additional clips. Cloud City in Empire was also a good improvement with new clips, IMO.

New Hope, Empire and ROTJ are fine as they are.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Quit trying to hijack the thread. This is a Star Wars/ Golden Globe/ Ben Affleck thread. If you want to visit a Real Steel thread I would recommend a ravens forum.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    PICO SECONDS RULZ!

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    If he wants to mess with his films ad nauseum then he can. I just wish that he would not bury the originals as though they've never existed. Also he made literally hundreds of changes and some of them are just totally asinine. There's actually a whole series on youtube dedicated to the changes he made trying to show every one of them and the videos are literally hours long. I totally agree that the acting was terrible though and also that Jar Jar sucked.

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    My personal favorites are milliseconds but to each their own. That's what makes this place so great is that everyone has their own personal view on what their favorite types of seconds are but we all get along in perfect harmony. I respect your opinion my friend but I STRONGLY disagree with it.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree... original theatrical versions should be available to fans who want them.

George Lucas is a genius.. but he's not a very good director, IMO. He directed A New Hope and did well with it... but he was smart to let Kirchner and that French director direct Empire and Jedi. Prequel trilogy probably would have been much better with different directors, better script and storyline... like Empire and Jedi.

Improvements to new prequel trilogy:

Let Annakin be at least 18 for Episode I.

Annakin vs. Obi Wan should happen at the end of Episode II instead of III. Vader should be in his black suit for the entire Episode III.

III should tell the story how Vader and Sidious destroy the Jedi.... the whole movie should be dedicated to this, not just the last 20 minutes.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  20. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Was totally asinine of Tomlin not pulling Ben in the fourth. This one man band mentality is nothing short of paranoia. If you can't trust your backup FIXit.

• Like Like x 1
  21. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I respect your opinion too, even when it is WRONG! :goofy:

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My favorite "seconds" are second helpings of pizza. Oops... did I just commit a highjacking?

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    damn man the lord just laid the hammer on me lol

24. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    My favorite seconds are on my plate then some how when they're gone it's thirds and then some how when they're done it's turds

Casey Affleck is pretty cool i liked him in the Joaquin Phoenix movie documentary on his rap career.

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No I forgot to mention this is also a deep discussion on favorite types of seconds. LOL!